Boy, 11, reveals life of pain, starvation

Old June 5th 08, 05:32 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
fx

Default Boy, 11, reveals life of pain, starvation

Boy, 11, reveals life of pain, starvation

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories...te= 5/24/2008

"I can't take it anymore" adopted child tells cops, saying mom abused him

By BOB GARDINIER, Staff writer
Click byline for more stories by writer.
First published: Saturday, May 24, 2008

TROY -- An 11-year-old boy allegedly abused by his adoptive mother told
police he was neglected for as long as he could remember, regularly
punched and slapped, and forced to wear a diaper and sleep on the floor.

The adopted son of Sharmon S. "Sherry" Evans apparently had enough on
May 10 and went to a friend's house to tell him he was running away.

"I went there because I'm afraid of my adoptive mother and I wanted to
say goodbye to my friend because I was running away," the unidentified
boy told police in a statement on file with the City Court clerk's
office. "I made up my mind to run away because I can't take it anymore."

The friend's parents immediately took him to police headquarters. Evans,
of 714 Fourth Ave., was charged with one misdemeanor count of
endangering the welfare of a child. The child was removed from her care
and placed in a foster home where county officials said he is now doing
well and gaining weight.

In a graphically explicit statement, the boy said his mother regularly
locked him in his room and put a plastic gate with bells on it, a
crowbar and a 14-pound weight against the door so she could hear him
open the door.

"She does not let me use the bathroom and she makes me wear a diaper
whenever I'm home," the boy told police.

He said he recently had diarrhea in his bed and Evans made him throw his
mattress and blankets into a side yard and sleep on the floor underneath
the empty bed frame. "But it hurt because when I rolled over I would hit
my head and shoulder," he said.

"A few times I had to poop at night and didn't want to fill my diaper. I
couldn't use the bathroom, so I would poop on the floor and put the rug
over it," the boy said. "A few times my mother found it and made me eat
the poop. I had to throw up it was so bad."

The boy said a couple of days before he decided to run away, he came
home from school a little late.

"I walked in the door and tried to put my book bag down, my mother
pushed me into the door. My left arm hurt and now I have bruises on my
left arm. I'm used to having bruises though because she hits me almost
every day. Sometimes she pushes my head against the wall and slaps me
and punches me."

The boy said he was always hungry and sometimes stole to eat. He said
that during his spring break, "She didn't feed me at all, and I only got
two cups of water a day."

He also told police that his friend, who for a time also was in Evans'
care, sneaked him food.

"He would try to sneak me food through the crack in the door. He would
save the Pringles and candy from the Lunchables my mother gave him, and
he would bring those to my room so I had something to eat," the boy said.

Rensselaer County Social Services Department Commissioner John Beaudoin
said because the boy was adopted, his agency was not regularly
monitoring his status. The office monitors foster children's homes.

At one time, Evans had as many as six foster children in the home
besides the adopted boy, authorities have said.

She dropped out of the foster care program after social services
inspectors visited the house in December, Beaudoin said. His office
received a complaint, but he said they found nothing amiss.

Evans made a brief appearance Friday morning in City Court before Judge
Christopher Maier with her court-appointed attorney Joseph Ahearn. She
has been free without bail.

A representative for Rensselaer County District Attorney Richard McNally
said the office was ready for trial in the case. Maier adjourned the
case for two weeks after Ahearn asked prosecutors to hand over evidence.

Evans declined to speak to a reporter after her court date.

Bob Gardinier can be reached at 454-5696 or by e-mail at
.

An Inconvenient Truth about Child Protective Services, Foster care, and
the Child Protection "INDUSTRY"

Child Protective Services Does not protect children...
It is sickening how many children are subject to abuse, neglect and even
killed at the hands of CPS.

every parent should read the free handbook from
connecticut dcf watch...

http://www.connecticutdcfwatch.com

Number of Cases per 100,000 children in the US
These numbers come from The National Center on
Child Abuse and Neglect in Washington. (NCCAN)
Recent numbers have increased significantly for CPS

Perpetrators of Maltreatment

Physical Abuse CPS/Foster care 160, biological Parents 59
Sexual Abuse CPS/Foster care 112, biological Parents 13
Neglect CPS/Foster care 410, biological Parents 241
Medical Neglect CPS/Foster care 14 biological Parents 12
Fatalities CPS/Foster care 6.4, biological Parents 1.5

Imagine that, 6.4 children die at the hands of the very agencies that
are supposed to protect them and only 1.5 at the hands of parents per
100,000 children. CPS perpetrates more abuse, neglect, and sexual abuse
and kills more children then parents in the United States. If the
citizens of this country hold CPS to the same standards that they hold
parents too. No judge should ever put another child in the hands of ANY
government agency because CPS nationwide is guilty of more harm and
death than any human being combined. CPS nationwide is guilty of more
human rights violations and deaths of children then the homes from which
they were removed. When are the judges going to wake up and see that
they are sending children to their death and a life of abuse when
children are removed from safe homes based on the mere opinion of a
bunch of social workers.

THIS IS AMERICA'S HIDDEN HOLOCAUST

Currently Child Protective Services violates more constitutionally
guaranteed liberties & civil rights on a daily basis then all other
agencies combined, Including the National Security agency/Central
intelligence agency wiretaping programs…

THE CORRUPT BUSINESS OF CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES
BY: Nancy Schaefer Senator, 50th District of Georgia

http://www.senatornancyschaefer.com/...s.php?filter=6

This is Child Protection?
By Gregory A. Hession, J.D.

http://www.jbs.org/node/4632

Mercenary Motherhood: "Memoirs of a Babystealer."

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...nion-rightrail

FOSTER CARE IS A 80 PERCENT FAILU. A Brief Analysis of the Casey
Family Programs. Northwest Foster Care Alumni Study. By Richard Wexler

http://www.nccpr.org/reports/cfpanalysis.doc

HOW THE WAR AGAINST CHILD ABUSE BECAME A WAR AGAINST CHILDREN

http://www.nccpr.org/issues/1.html

Adoption Bonuses: The Money Behind the Madness
DSS and affiliates rewarded for breaking up families
By Nev Moore Massachusetts News

http://www.massnews.com/past_issues/...May/mayds4.htm

A recent study has found that 12-18 months after leaving foster ca

30% of the nation’s homeless are former foster children.
27% of the males and 10% of the females had been incarcerated
33% were receiving public assistance
37% had not finished high school
2% receive a college degree
50% were unemployed

Children in foster care are three to six times more likely than children
not in care to have emotional, behavioral and developmental problems,
including conduct disorders, depression, difficulties in school and
impaired social relationships. Some experts estimate that about 30% of
the children in care have marked or severe emotional problems. Various
studies have indicated that children and young people in foster care
tend to have limited education and job skills, perform poorly in school
compared to children who are not in foster care, lag behind in their
education by at least one year, and have lower educational attainment
than the general population.
*Casey Family Programs National Center for Resource Family Support

80 percent of prison inmates have been through the foster care system.

The highest ranking federal official in charge of foster care, Wade Horn
of the Department of Health and Human Services, is a former child
psychologist who says the foster care system is a giant mess and should
just be blown up.

http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=2017991

Four rigorous studies have found that at least 30 percent of America’s
foster children could be home right now if their parents had decent housing.

This study found thousands of children already in foster care who would
have done better had child protection agencies not taken them away in
the first place.

Front-page story in USA Today.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...m?csp=34#Close

Read the studies online.

Casey "alumni" study: "Improving Family Foster Ca Findings from the
Northwest Foster Care Alumni Study,"

http://www.casey.org/Resources/Publi...lumniStudy.htm

MIT study: "Child Protection and Child Outcomes: Measuring the Effects
of Foster Care,"

http://www.mit.edu/~jjdoyle/doyle_fo...arch07_aer.pdf

Texas comptroller's "Forgotten Children" reports:

www.window.state.tx.us/forgottenchildren

The bottom line? - Child Protective Services and the Foster Care system
for the most part turns out young adults that are nothing more than
walking wreckage...

CURRENTLY CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES VIOLATES MORE CONSTITUTIONALLY
GUARANTEED LIBERTIES & CIVIL RIGHTS ON A DAILY BASIS THEN ALL OTHER
AGENCIES COMBINED INCLUDING THE NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY/CENTRAL
INTELLIGENCE AGENCY WIRETAPPING PROGRAMS....

CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES, HAPPILY DESTROYING THOUSANDS OF INNOCENT
FAMILIES YEARLY NATIONWIDE AND COMING TO YOU'RE HOME SOON...

BE SURE TO FIND OUT WHERE YOUR CANDIDATES STANDS ON THE ISSUE OF
REFORMING OR ABOLISHING CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES ("MAKE YOUR CANDIDATES
TAKE A STAND ON THIS ISSUE.") THEN REMEMBER TO VOTE ACCORDINGLY IF THEY
ARE "FAMILY UNFRIENDLY" IN THE NEXT ELECTION...