red spot near pupil of new born

Old January 31st 04, 01:44 PM
Humber Consumer

Default red spot near pupil of new born

Hello :
My wife delivered a new baby boy on Jan 22. He was quite health and
everything went well. I just noticed one thing. In his right eye just
near his pupil, he has a reddish spot. It is not perfectly round but
it is there. I am very worried. We have regular checkups every week
but I couldn't wait till next visit so I thought this is a way to see
if anyone has any answers.

Appreciate your time
Old January 31st 04, 02:31 PM
just me

"Humber Consumer" wrote in message
om...
Hello :
My wife delivered a new baby boy on Jan 22. He was quite health and
everything went well. I just noticed one thing. In his right eye just
near his pupil, he has a reddish spot. It is not perfectly round but
it is there. I am very worried. We have regular checkups every week
but I couldn't wait till next visit so I thought this is a way to see
if anyone has any answers.

Appreciate your time

Congratulations on your new baby! I do not know the answer to your
question. I thought, however, that if you have not also posted this
question to eye.general and misc.kids.health, you might want to consider
doing so. They may well have people reading who can quickly and
knowledgeably answer your question.

-Aula

Old January 31st 04, 05:35 PM
Beth Kevles

Hi -

If you're worried PHONE YOUR PED. With a new baby, always err on the
side of over-concern.

--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.
Old January 31st 04, 05:56 PM
Jeff

"Beth Kevles" wrote in message

Hi -

If you're worried PHONE YOUR PED. With a new baby, always err on the
side of over-concern.

I agree. THe first thing that comes to mind with a red eye is an infection.
There are a lot of other causes, but I would call your ped. Better now when
she is awake than the middle of the night when she is half asleep.

With little ones, it better to err on the side of caution.

Jeff

--Beth Kevles

http://web.mit.edu/kevles/www/nomilk.html -- a page for the

milk-allergic

like me to reply.

Old January 31st 04, 06:33 PM
cara

Humber Consumer wrote:

Hello :
My wife delivered a new baby boy on Jan 22. He was quite health and
everything went well. I just noticed one thing. In his right eye just
near his pupil, he has a reddish spot. It is not perfectly round but
it is there. I am very worried. We have regular checkups every week
but I couldn't wait till next visit so I thought this is a way to see
if anyone has any answers.

Its likely a red blood vessel that has ruptured, maybe during the birth
process, but by all means, call the doctor and get an accurate assessment,
if nothing else to ease your mind.

cara

Old January 31st 04, 07:17 PM
My Nickname

You have a devil baby. It must be exorcised. Consult a priest or have one
bless the faucets in your home so you can have holy water available.

Good luck, and God bless.

Old February 1st 04, 12:24 AM
Kereru

"Humber Consumer" wrote in message
om...
Hello :
My wife delivered a new baby boy on Jan 22. He was quite health and
everything went well. I just noticed one thing. In his right eye just
near his pupil, he has a reddish spot. It is not perfectly round but
it is there. I am very worried. We have regular checkups every week
but I couldn't wait till next visit so I thought this is a way to see
if anyone has any answers.

Appreciate your time

My second baby had a red spot 2-3 mm in diameter with irregular border in
the white of his eye near the pupil. It was blood coloured. My midwife told
me it was a popped blood vessel caused by the birth process. She assured me
it was totally normal and common. It cleared up in a few weeks, I'm pretty
sure it was gone by about six weeks. His eye is totally clear and normal now
at four months.

That's my experience but if course if you are worried ask the doctor next
time you are there.

Judy