Moving to another state

Old July 15th 03, 11:19 PM
Sue

Default Moving to another state

Kara H wrote in message news:3f142d1e$0$4765
You know, Sue, one thing I don't think my parents ever considered when

they
decided to stay in Ohio was in-state colleges. Not that I think it's
something that should be at the top of your list (or even in the middle
really) but it's worth thinking about. As I look at colleges, my top 2
choices are in Michigan. If I decide to go there, I'm going to have to pay
for some of it. Ohio in-state colleges, IMHO are *awful*. The only ones

that
are decent (to me at least) are in my city but I want to go away. So maybe
that's something to consider when you think about moving away. Not that
there aren't other states with good in-state schools, it's just that
Michigan seems to be that stands out in my mind. Now, if your children

will
pay for college themselves or this doesn't apply to you, excuse me for
bringing it up.

Anyways, just thought I'd throw that in there!

That's a very good thought and I hadn't even gotten that far yet, lol. Since
dd1 (she's only ten ;o) says she is interested in being a vet, Michigan
State is one of the top schools. I am about 95% sure we will stay in
Michigan at this point. All of our family is here. And there are so many
places to go camping ;o)

--
Sue
mom to three girls

Old July 16th 03, 12:48 PM
Sue

Oh no, at least you will be going to the winning school if you go to U of M.
;o)
--
Sue
mom to three girls

Kara H wrote in message

"Sue" wrote:

That's a very good thought and I hadn't even gotten that far yet, lol.

Since
dd1 (she's only ten ;o) says she is interested in being a vet, Michigan
State is one of the top schools. I am about 95% sure we will stay in
Michigan at this point. All of our family is here. And there are so many
places to go camping ;o)

My brother is in engineering school at Michigan State on scholarship!!! He
absolutely *loves* it and its closer than some in-state schools. The

campus
is *gorgeous* there!!! My #1 choice is U of M and #2 is MSU. Heheh I think
the sibling rivalry could be fun with one in the "Go Green" zone and one

in
the "Go Blue" zone!

Sue

-Kara