Choking Hazard

Old August 18th 04, 10:35 PM
Ilena Rose

Default Choking Hazard

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:40:30 GMT, "M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t-August 18,
2004" M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t wrote:

"Ilena Rose" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:59:43 -0700, "Coleah"
wrote:

Ilena, Popcorn Kills!!!!

So you are an anti-popcorn advocate now Coleah ...

I posted an article yesterday which discussed how a child choked to death on
popcorn while in a movie theatre. Choking hazards are a real concern to me,
as my younger son choked on a Teddy Graham cookie one night, and only an
immediate Heimlich Maneuver saved him.

A child can choke from what a lot of people would think is safe. This
article surprised me.

Let's review what is more dangerous ... popcorn or vaccines? This
article mentions no deaths from popcorn ... now Marla claims there is
one:

http://www.taxtyranny.ca/images/HTML...accines40.html

As of the end of 2002, the VAERS system contained 244,424 total
reports of possible reactions to vaccines, including 99,145 emergency
room visits, 5,149 life-threatening reactions, 27,925
hospitalizations, 5,775 disabilities, and 5,309 deaths, according to
data compiled by Dr. Mark Geier, a vaccine researcher in Silver
Spring, Md.

Old August 19th 04, 12:32 AM
Jeff

"Ilena Rose" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:40:30 GMT, "M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t-August 18,
2004" M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

I think the key word here is *possible*. How maany of those deaths were
found to be caused by vaccines? Damned few.

How many deaths were there during that period from measles, mumps, rubella,
smallpox and polio? Damned few. How did the death rate for Hib meningitis go
when the vaccine against this come out? It went down, way down.

Are vaccines 100% safe? Of course not. Nothing is. Not water. Not even
popcorn.

But considering the very small number of deaths and injuries vaccines
actually caused, the very large number of deaths they prevented, and all the
sickness and disability that vaccines have prevented, they are one of the
miracles of modern medicine.

Jeff

Old August 19th 04, 04:36 PM
Ilena Rose

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:34:13 GMT, "M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t-August 19,
2004" M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t wrote:

There is no comparison. Deaths from choking hazards are very serious and
preventable. Deaths from vaccines, if any, are rare.

Old August 19th 04, 08:32 PM
Sharyn

I agree with you completely Mark. I have a choking health problem and
with small children I have seen first hand them choking on popcorn.
As for vaccines I wonder how in the hell all us baby boomers made it.
Very rare for a child to die from vaccines. Popcorn and other small
products should never be fed to small children. Doesn't take a Brain
Surgern to know that one.

Sharyn
SBI Survivor

"M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t-August 19, 2004" M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t wrote in message .net...
"Ilena Rose" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:40:30 GMT, "M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t-August 18,
2004" M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Ilena, Popcorn Kills!!!!

So you are an anti-popcorn advocate now Coleah ...

I posted an article yesterday which discussed how a child choked to death

on
popcorn while in a movie theatre. Choking hazards are a real concern to

me,
as my younger son choked on a Teddy Graham cookie one night, and only an
immediate Heimlich Maneuver saved him.

A child can choke from what a lot of people would think is safe. This
article surprised me.

Let's review what is more dangerous ... popcorn or vaccines? This
article mentions no deaths from popcorn ... now Mark claims there is
one:

There is no comparison. Deaths from choking hazards are very serious and
preventable. Deaths from vaccines, if any, are rare.

VAERS data does NOT prove causation.

Old August 19th 04, 10:33 PM
M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t-August 19, 2004

"Sharyn" wrote in message
om...
I agree with you completely Mark. I have a choking health problem and
with small children I have seen first hand them choking on popcorn.

We had an incident with myyounger son choking on a Teddy Graham cookie.
Having had several First Aid courses, i knew to perform the Heimlich first,
as mouth-to-mouth can actually force an object further into the pharynx.
Sadly, this is what appears to have happened in the case reported in the
news article.

As for vaccines I wonder how in the hell all us baby boomers made it.

Growing up in the 1950's we called summertime puddles "Polio Water" and
would not see one of our classmates the following September.

Very rare for a child to die from vaccines. Popcorn and other small
products should never be fed to small children. Doesn't take a Brain
Surgern to know that one.

When my kids were smaller, we had a small plastic tube which was designed to
represent the throat of a child. We used it to examine whether anything
could fit in. Even being this alert, we still had the Teddy Graham incident.

Sharyn
SBI Survivor

"M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t-August 19, 2004" M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t

wrote in message
.net...
"Ilena Rose" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:40:30 GMT, "M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t-August 18,
2004" M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t
wrote:

.. .

Old August 20th 04, 05:04 PM
M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t-August 20, 2004

Groups restored. Jan claims that AOL does not allow crossposting.

Subject: Choking Hazard
From: "M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t-August 19, 2004" M,a,r,kP,r,o,b,e,r,t

Date: 8/19/2004 1:28 PM Pacific Standard Time

VAERS lists reports which prove NOTHING. They list every report

regardless
of whether causality is proven or not.

The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), jointly operated by

the FDA
and the CDC.

VAERS is a

***passive, voluntary reporting system*****

which means not all adverse events get reported. It also means that many
reports are incomplete or even contain inaccurate information because the

forms
are not filled out by trained personnel. Another problem with interpreting
VAERS data is the lack of information on the total number of individuals

who
received a particular vaccine, making it impossible to estimate the

incidence
of reported adverse events. It's also often the case that multiple

vaccines are
given at the same time, further complicating the interpretation of what

might
have caused the event.

We have been waiting for the FDA to follow-up on VAERS reports and then
disclose and utilize the VAERS data to increase our knowledge about

vaccine
reactions and possible high risk factors. This is how parents and Congress
expected the vaccine adverse event reporting system to be utilized when it

was
centralized under the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986.

However,
the conclusions drawn by the authors do not match the substance of the

data
presented.

Thanks Jan for pointing out that VAERS data is woefully unreliable for
proving anything.

I always appreciate your support.

Old August 20th 04, 05:05 PM
M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t-August 20, 2004

From: (Sharyn)
Date: 8/19/2004 11:32 AM Pacific Standard Time
I agree with you completely Mark.

Naawwwwwwwwww.

SURPRISE SURPRISE.

Very rare for a child to die from vaccines

http://www.whale.to/vaccines/deaths.html

The whale.to website has been soundly criticized and shown to be grossly
inaccurate. It is an unreliable source of information.

Old August 21st 04, 10:02 PM
M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t-August 21, 2004

From: "M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t-August 20, 2004" M,a,r,kP,r,o,b,e,r,t

Date: 8/20/2004 8:04 AM Pacific Standard Time

Groups restored. Jan claims that AOL does not allow crossposting.

Why so eager to crosspost?

I leave things as they are, unless asked by participants of other groups not
to.

Are you afraid of crossposting?

BTW, Again, thanks for your article which supported me 10000%.