Cats and babies

Old September 30th 04, 06:48 AM
Kim

Default Cats and babies

Hi! I posted here while i was pregnant, but now mostly lurk. There have
been several discussions of pets and babies, and I just wanted to share a
good pet story! I am so excited that our cats are so good with the baby
that we now leave our bedroom door open at night and the cats are free to
sleep on the bed with the baby in the bassinet next to us. In the afternoon
when I nap with the baby the cats usually join us, sleeping at the bottom of
the bed. The cats are amazingly tolerant of the baby crying, and like to
look at the baby, but never touch the baby or try to sleep near him. I
can't wait until my ds is old enough to enjoy the cats himself (he's 11 wks
now).

-kim

Old September 30th 04, 01:11 PM
Kazh

Cats are amazing. We have 2 and BOTH seem to KNOW when you are not =
feeling well and curl up beside you and give you extra cat =
kisses..............my 2 are ALL for my daughter (16) and sit outside =
her bedroom door waiting for her till she comes home. But since I've =
found out I'm PG they seem to be more loving to ME.

They follow me to the kitchen, sneak in to my room at night, and BOTH =
sit in the living room with me during the day. I don't know if they know =
I'm PG but they know something is happening. They are both 9 yrs old and =
have never reacted like this with me before. I find it very comforting =
when I'm having ''tired days'' to have a cat curled up on my knee =
purring and helping me relax.

"Kim" wrote in message =
Hi! I posted here while i was pregnant, but now mostly lurk. There =
have=20
been several discussions of pets and babies, and I just wanted to share =
a=20
good pet story! I am so excited that our cats are so good with the =
baby=20
that we now leave our bedroom door open at night and the cats are free =
to=20
sleep on the bed with the baby in the bassinet next to us. In the =
afternoon=20
when I nap with the baby the cats usually join us, sleeping at the =
bottom of=20
the bed. The cats are amazingly tolerant of the baby crying, and like =
to=20
look at the baby, but never touch the baby or try to sleep near him. I=20
can't wait until my ds is old enough to enjoy the cats himself (he's 11 =
wks=20
now).

-kim=20

Old September 30th 04, 01:24 PM
Zaz

That is reassuring news. As I mentioned here before, I am not worried about
2 cats out of 3.
And again, I may be happily surprised and my old stubborn Henry may decide
do behave!

Old September 30th 04, 03:59 PM
Bóliath

Kim wrote:

Hi! I posted here while i was pregnant, but now mostly lurk. There have
been several discussions of pets and babies, and I just wanted to share a
good pet story! I am so excited that our cats are so good with the baby
that we now leave our bedroom door open at night and the cats are free to
sleep on the bed with the baby in the bassinet next to us. In the afternoon
when I nap with the baby the cats usually join us, sleeping at the bottom of
the bed. The cats are amazingly tolerant of the baby crying, and like to
look at the baby, but never touch the baby or try to sleep near him. I
can't wait until my ds is old enough to enjoy the cats himself (he's 11 wks
now).

Thanks for that Kim!

Old October 1st 04, 02:06 AM
Cathy

Kim wrote:
I can't
wait until my ds is old enough to enjoy the cats himself (he's 11 wks
now).

Thta's neat! I'm pleased everyone is settling in well - the cat's won't
know what has hit them when he gets mobile though!! Our cat is very
definitely ny daughter's favourite toy!

Cathy

Old October 1st 04, 11:13 AM
Cam & Shane

That's awesome.

Our cat sat next to our son the other day. He is at the stage that
everything he can touch goes straight into his mouth - so he grabbed a hand
full of fur and leaned forward to suck on it. She didn't even flinch. I
was laughing too hard to wonder if he could catch something bad by licking
her - luckily she was sitting far enough away from his mouth :-P

Cam & Aiden (almost 5 mths)

---

Old October 1st 04, 06:04 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Cam & Shane wrote:

Our cat sat next to our son the other day. He is at the stage that
everything he can touch goes straight into his mouth - so he grabbed a hand
full of fur and leaned forward to suck on it. She didn't even flinch. I
was laughing too hard to wonder if he could catch something bad by licking
her - luckily she was sitting far enough away from his mouth :-P

Cam & Aiden (almost 5 mths)

Yeah my son is almost 6mos old and he's started trying that with our
cats too, lol. He is still so uncoordinated though that he punches them
in the nose a lot.

Old October 6th 04, 01:50 AM
Kim

That sounds so sweet! My cats didn't act differently when i was pregnant,
but they are more affectionate now!

-kim

Old October 8th 04, 02:53 AM

Hi.

Speaking of cats, I wondered if these might cause some amusement:

Funny Cat Video: http://www.btinternet.com/~dcharries/fcv.wmv
Fighting Cats: http://www.btinternet.com/~dcharries/catfight.mpg

NOTE:
You can use any program capable of opening those files to do so.
Windows Media Player tends to give the worst sound quality in my
opnion, whereas RealPlayer (www.real.com) tends to give the best.

I wish I had a domestic cat of my own because the domestic cat is my
favourite animal and cats mostly make purrrr-fect pets.

Lastly, sorry if I have gone slightly off-topic here. Enjoy!

Dave

Cats and babies Zaz Pregnancy 13 August 14th 04 05:34 PM
misc.kids FAQ on Prenatal Testing - Overview and Personal Stories [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 July 29th 04 05:17 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Prenatal Testing - Overview and Personal Stories [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 June 28th 04 07:42 PM
misc.kids FAQ on Prenatal Testing - Overview and Personal Stories [email protected] Pregnancy 1 March 19th 04 03:31 PM
misc.kids FAQ on Prenatal Testing - Overview and Personal Stories [email protected] Pregnancy 0 December 15th 03 09:43 AM