Husband's and solids; really a bid deal?

Old December 30th 03, 04:17 AM
laurie

Default Husband's and solids; really a big deal?

The diluted quantity may have something to do with it, and probably something
about cooking it makes it more readily digestible too. Maybe Beth would
know.

Holly

See this came up several weeks ago when my husband wanted to give Christopher
something with a blatant egg in it (forget what), and I said no egg, and he
pointed out that the biscuits have egg in them. I had to back down on that one
as he was right.

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 2.5 years and
Christopher, 8 months
Old December 30th 03, 04:26 AM
laurie

See this came up several weeks ago when my husband wanted to give Christopher
something with a blatant egg in it (forget what), and I said no egg, and he
pointed out that the biscuits have egg in them. I had to back down on that
one
as he was right.

laurie
mommy to Je

Oh but I should also add, C. didn't get whatever DH was sugggesting to give to
him..........................It may have been an acutal piece of an omelet, I
think.

Old December 30th 03, 03:32 PM
Elana Kehoe

Tine Andersen wrote:

Take an open discussion. Either agree on food stuff or agree on disagreeing.
Or introduce the veto right. But the mother does not have
more/higher/better/(what do one say in English) rights to decide IMNSHO.

It seems to me that the mothers do more research into what the babies
can eat (excluding Larry and Richard, a' course), so that's why I was
saying that :-). I know a lot of the stuff about P I've come across,
just cause I came across it, not cause Hubby wasn't looking. But if
there is medical research to back up a finding, the other parent really
should respect that. I mean, giving a child something that they can't
handle yet just cause they want to isn't good parenting...

(Am I rude now - please tell me 'cause I'm just a Scandinavian outback?)

Ya herring eating weirdo :-). I like open discussion too, even on
Usenet :-)
--
It's Tis Herself
Old December 30th 03, 05:29 PM
Tine Andersen

"Elana Kehoe" skrev i en meddelelse
It seems to me that the mothers do more research into what the babies
can eat (excluding Larry and Richard, a' course), so that's why I was
saying that :-). I know a lot of the stuff about P I've come across,
just cause I came across it, not cause Hubby wasn't looking. But if
there is medical research to back up a finding, the other parent really
should respect that. I mean, giving a child something that they can't
handle yet just cause they want to isn't good parenting...

Yes - you're right . But in my house - for instance - DH doesn't always
agree with the medical sources (financed by the wrong companies, not proper
science, whatever). Especially psychological sources he will turn down as
cr*p. He doesn't consider psychology as a science at all :-)

He is quite intelligent, he has the right to decide (though sometimes I'm
ready to pull my hair out).

Luckily I have the veto-thing - I just can't use it too often.

Ya herring eating weirdo :-). I like open discussion too, even on
Usenet :-)

Have you ever tasted the Danish Herrings? They are not bad. We have stuff
much more discusting: How about sausage made mostly of pig blood (blood
sausage, it's called). Or how about a soupy-porridgy dish made of beer,
ryebread and sugar (Øllebrød meaning beer-bread). It's brown, liquid and is
served with whipped cream. The first i don't touch - the second I'll eat
when it's served. Both are favorites of DH, DS and DD :-)

Tine, Denmark

Old December 30th 03, 05:52 PM
Elana Kehoe

Tine Andersen wrote:

Yes - you're right . But in my house - for instance - DH doesn't always
agree with the medical sources (financed by the wrong companies, not proper
science, whatever). Especially psychological sources he will turn down as
cr*p. He doesn't consider psychology as a science at all :-)

He is quite intelligent, he has the right to decide (though sometimes I'm
ready to pull my hair out).

As long as his decisions are based on reading the studies, and then he
discounts them...if you know what I mean. At least he's using his
smarts, instead of just being stubborn and impatient :-)

Luckily I have the veto-thing - I just can't use it too often.

We pretty much agree on enough stuff that we don't have to do the vetos.

Have you ever tasted the Danish Herrings? They are not bad. We have stuff
much more discusting: How about sausage made mostly of pig blood (blood
sausage, it's called). Or how about a soupy-porridgy dish made of beer,
ryebread and sugar (Øllebrød meaning beer-bread). It's brown, liquid and is
served with whipped cream. The first i don't touch - the second I'll eat
when it's served. Both are favorites of DH, DS and DD :-)

When we were in Copenhagen 3 years ago, I had some herring, which I've
always loved (my parents exposed us to lots of different foods when we
were young). Here they have black pudding, which is also a blood
sausage. Ever since I found out it was blood making it black, I haven't
been able to handle it (and don't tell me about any other foods! I
dont' want to know!!!). The ollebrod sounds interesting...we didn't
have it when we were there tho. I was about 2.5 mos preggers, and
starting morning sickness. Ugh.

We need to go back..it's a lovely area :-)
--
It's Tis Herself
Old December 30th 03, 07:05 PM
Tine Andersen

Default OT: Danish food (was: Husband's and solids; really a big deal?)

"Elana Kehoe" skrev i en meddelelse
The ollebrod sounds interesting...we didn't
have it when we were there tho. I was about 2.5 mos preggers, and
starting morning sickness. Ugh.

It's only made in private homes - and not in every home. It's NEVER served
at restaurants.

If you come to Copenhagen again, mail me on beforehand: I'll have DH cook
øllebrød for you :-)

Tine, Denmark

Old December 30th 03, 09:23 PM
Elana Kehoe

Default OT: Danish food

Tine Andersen wrote:

If you come to Copenhagen again, mail me on beforehand: I'll have DH cook
øllebrød for you :-)

Whoo hoo! You're on! And if you come here...I'll take you out for some
Guinness and we'll meet up with Marie and Jean :-)
--
It's Tis Herself
Old December 30th 03, 10:06 PM
Tine Andersen

Tine Andersen wrote:

If you come to Copenhagen again, mail me on beforehand: I'll have DH

cook
øllebrød for you :-)

Whoo hoo! You're on! And if you come here...I'll take you out for some
Guinness and we'll meet up with Marie and Jean :-)
--
It's Tis Herself

....just remember to write me at - the other one
I never check. It's just to try to prevent spam. It doesn't work so I'll
probably stop using it.

Tine, Denmark, Copenhagen in fact

Old December 31st 03, 03:27 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

Tine Andersen wrote:
He doesn't consider psychology as
a science at all :-)

I was a psychology major (in the stats / research track), and I don't,
either.

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread; substitute mailbolt

Old December 31st 03, 06:28 AM

"Tine Andersen" wrote in message . dk...

Yes - you're right . But in my house - for instance - DH doesn't always
agree with the medical sources (financed by the wrong companies, not proper
science, whatever). Especially psychological sources he will turn down as
cr*p. He doesn't consider psychology as a science at all :-)

I think psychology can be a science, and can also be practiced in a
way that isn't science at all. But any science can have sloppy
practitioners. Computational neuropsychology is definitely a science,
though. :-)

--
C, mama to one year old nursling