Bikers Against Child Abuse

Old July 8th 03, 07:56 PM
Father Drew

Default Bikers Against Child Abuse

What do they call Cyclists against child abuse?

-Drew

"Butterfly" wrote in message
Bikers Against Child Abuse (BACA) is a biker organization formed by

bikers,
and uses biker philosophy and mentality to create a safer world for
children.

Bikers Against Child Abuse exists with the intent to create a safer
environment for abused children. We exist as a body of bikers empowering
children to not feel afraid of the world in which they live. We stand

ready
to lend support to our wounded friends by involving them with an
established, united organization. We work in conjunction with local and
state officials that are already in place to protect children. We desire

send a clear message to all involved with the abused child that this child
is part of our organization. We are prepared to lend our support to them

by
affiliation and our physical presence. We do not condone the use of

violence
or physical force in any manner; however, if circumstances arise that we

are
the only obstacles preventing a child from further abuse we stand ready to
be that obstacle.

HOW BACA WORKS

A recognized authorized agency with whom the child has had contact
determines if the child is still frightened by their environment. The

agency
representative offers the family or guardian of the abused child a packet

of
information about BACA. The guardian of the child can review the

information
and contact BACA. At this time we will organize a ride of perhaps a dozen

or
so bikers to meet the child, preferably at the child's home or some place
where the perpetrator and neighborhood can see that this child is part of
our organization. We ride our bikes to meet this child and present them

with
a patch that can be sewn onto a piece of clothing and the child can wear

out
in public. This patch identifies this child as part of BACA. The child is
also given the name and phone number of two bikers in their home town who
then become the child's primary contact persons. Anytime the child feels
scared and feels the need for the presence of their new family, the child
may call upon their family to go to their house and provide the

reassurance
necessary to feel safe and protected. The bikers never go to the child's
house alone, but will always go in twos and never without the knowledge of
the parents or guardians. Our presence will be available as long as the
child needs us. We are dedicated in assisting our wounded friends in

feeling
safe and protected.

LEVELS OF INTERVENTION

LEVEL I

Will consist of the organization deploying a ride, uniting as many BACA
members as are able to attend. We will ride as a group to the child's

house
where the parent(s) will be present to assist us in presenting the child
with a patch, stickers, and a Polaroid photograph of the child with

his/her
new biker family. If the child is afraid, it is our hope the child will

use
the photograph as a comfort to convey the message "I am not alone, and you
don't want to mess with my family."

LEVEL II

If Level one is not sufficient to deter further abuse or harassment, five

seven BACA members will be sent for further exposure. This group of BACA
members are to create a presence at the home of the child, being visible

at
times when the family might be the most vulnerable. The purpose of BACA's
presence is to deter further abuse and to protect the children and the
family, if necessary.

LEVEL III

If the physical presence of our BACA members at the residence of the

child's
home does not deter the abuser, a formal letter will be drafted by the
Chapter President or Vice-President in the area in which the abuser lives.
This letter will be written on BACA letterhead. The substance of the

letter
will be to explain to the perpetrator that we are prepared to take

whatever
steps are necessary to become the obstacle to further abuse.

LEVEL IV

While it is against the purpose of BACA to purposely engage a perpetrator,
we will ask for the general geographical location of the offender, and
conduct a "Neighborhood Awareness Ride" in which we will ride to the

general
location given to us and go door to door letting people know who we are,
hand out stickers to kids, and distribute our literature regarding our
mission and how we function. If the location or address of the perpetrator
becomes known to any BACA Member, we will immediately withdraw our

physical
presence to avoid any contact. BACA does not condone, support or

participate
in the use of aggression, violence or physical force in any manner. If,
however, ANY person should seek to inflict harm on one of our BACA

Members,
we will respond with commitment and loyalty to protect our Member.

COURT APPEARANCES

Occasionally we will attend court with our wounded friends. The sole

purpose
for our physical presence is to assist the child in being less intimidated
and frightened, while testifying against his/her abuser.

For more information, visit www.bacausa.com and seek out the chapter

nearest
your home.

Old July 9th 03, 12:40 AM
Tracy

ROFL! thanks Drew

--
Tracy
~~~~~~~

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***