not pregnant but a good thing

Old August 5th 03, 10:56 PM
Em

Default not pregnant but a good thing

"Nikki" wrote in message
Just to inform you all of the bad/good news. I am not pregnant. I was

very
ill yesterday so I went to the emergency room where I was told my body was
very infected. The doctor is not sure where it came from but put me on an
antibiotic and actually said it was a good thing I wasn't pregnant. He

said
the infection was so bad that I would probably have lost the baby. Guess
that's why I have felt so sick for the past 2 weeks. So that is actually

good thing. DH was disappointed but told him guess we just get to have

more
fun trying this month.

Ooh. That sounds pretty scary, Nikki. Hope you feel better soon and that TTC
is successful for in the next month or so!

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Old August 6th 03, 12:14 PM
Nikki

The doctor honestly didn't say what kind of an infection it was. He just
stated my white blood count was sky high and put in me on Cipro 500 Mg twice
a day (Cipro is so strong it is what they gave to people who inhaled
anthrax). I am actually feeling a little better but not 100%.
I am going to call my family doctor today to make an appointment for a check
up and talk to her about prenatal vitamins. Hopefully she won't be
difficult, if I can actually see her instead of a PA for once.

"Astromum" wrote in message
Nikki wrote:
Just to inform you all of the bad/good news. I am not pregnant. I was

very
ill yesterday so I went to the emergency room where I was told my body

was
very infected.

Awww Nikki, I'm sorry for you! What kind of infection do you have? Is
it located in one of the organs, or stomach or such? Sounds scary, I
hope you feel better soon. You know what really helped me go through
the agony of 2WW over and over was keeping a diary. I would write down
how I felt each day, what my thoughts were, and the next cycle when
I would feel similar, I would know it was most likely just part of
my cycle and not pregnancy. This time it has really helped me, I am
far less anxious and at least able to do some work.

Here are some good vibes for your next cycle! {{{{{{{{{vibes}}}}}}}

--
-- Ilse
mom to Olaf (07/15/2002)

Old August 6th 03, 02:57 PM
jjmoreta

"Nikki" wrote in message
news
The doctor honestly didn't say what kind of an infection it was. He just
stated my white blood count was sky high and put in me on Cipro 500 Mg

twice
a day (Cipro is so strong it is what they gave to people who inhaled
anthrax). I am actually feeling a little better but not 100%.
I am going to call my family doctor today to make an appointment for a

check
up and talk to her about prenatal vitamins. Hopefully she won't be
difficult, if I can actually see her instead of a PA for once.

I'm sorry that you weren't pregnant this time.

But good idea on getting the prenatals early! From what I've read, most of
the problems caused by low folic acid start when women typically don't even
realize that they're pregnant! When you do conceive, your baby will have a
healthy start from the beginning. 8) Just make sure that you treat other
OTC and prescription medicines like you are pregnant too, just in case (and
to get in the habit early *sigh* I miss my naproxen!)

- Joanne
#1 - 26w1d

Old August 6th 03, 08:11 PM
Ilse Witch

Nikki wrote:
The doctor honestly didn't say what kind of an infection it was. He just
stated my white blood count was sky high and put in me on Cipro 500 Mg twice
a day (Cipro is so strong it is what they gave to people who inhaled
anthrax). I am actually feeling a little better but not 100%.

Well, judging from what you wrote here and in the OP you are having
quite a tough bug to deal with. It will take some time for your body
to get back to normal. Take it easy!

PS: It's me again, don't be caught off-guard by my new screen name...

--
-- I
mommy to DS (13m)