How can I prosecute Child Stealing / Custodial Interference (CALPC 278.5)

Old May 28th 04, 01:44 PM
krp

Default How can I prosecute Child Stealing / Custodial Interference (CAL PC 278.5)

"Kenneth S." wrote in message
When selecting attorneys, it's important to check their track record.
It's very easy for attorneys, particularly those who are guest speakers at
fathers' groups, to talk tough and try to create the impression that they
will vigorously defend a father's interests. However, the acid test is
their success rate in the past.

Yep find the former clients. Ask the men who paid him!

Old May 28th 04, 07:18 PM
Bob Whiteside

"Kenneth S." wrote in message
When selecting attorneys, it's important to check their track record.
It's very easy for attorneys, particularly those who are guest speakers at
fathers' groups, to talk tough and try to create the impression that they
will vigorously defend a father's interests. However, the acid test is
their success rate in the past.

The one comment about divorce that just drives me nuts is: "You should have
hired a better attorney." The people who have never been through the gender
biased system we call Family Law are generally the ones who make this
statement. I am one of those who believe the gender of the client has a
direct relationship on the attorney's ability to get results for the client.

Here is an example: My ex had an attorney who several women I knew were
referring each other to as a greatly skilled divorce lawyer. Of course, I
got the usual hammering in my case. Then a man I know used the same
attorney the women held is such high regard, and he got hammered. In fact,
this male friend told me this attorney didn't do anything for him and lost
every issue.

I actually think I had a good attorney because he understood the process,
set reasonable expectations for the outcome up front, detailed the issues we
could challenge and those we couldn't, and said his role as my attorney was
to cut my loses because I was male.

Old May 28th 04, 10:27 PM
krp

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message
link.net...

The one comment about divorce that just drives me nuts is: "You should

have
hired a better attorney." The people who have never been through the

gender
biased system we call Family Law are generally the ones who make this
statement. I am one of those who believe the gender of the client has a
direct relationship on the attorney's ability to get results for the

client.

I went through it and won custody of three daughters, ages 10, 8 and 6
at the time. So I know. I also have been consulting on father custody cases
for almost 30 years and in that time have helped make several thousand
custodial dads. Yes there is a bias against dads. Often it starts with the
lawyer you hire, but it is everywhere else. Just because it is a bad
situation that is no excuse to quit or be stupid. It's unfair, boo hoo, now
quit or go out and win. Bitching about how unfair it all is changes nothing
just makes you bitter and she wins.

Here is an example: My ex had an attorney who several women I knew were
referring each other to as a greatly skilled divorce lawyer. Of course, I
got the usual hammering in my case. Then a man I know used the same
attorney the women held is such high regard, and he got hammered. In

fact,
this male friend told me this attorney didn't do anything for him and lost
every issue.

Look - it takes LITTLE skill to win for a woman. In 90% of the cases all
a lawyer needs to do is say; "look judge my client has boobs" and he wins.
It takes skill to win for a dad. It's that bias thing you were speaking
about. It makes it difficult and it makes it expensive to win, not
impossible. That lawyer never had to work before he represented women and
his heart wasn't in representing a man.

I actually think I had a good attorney because he understood the process,
set reasonable expectations for the outcome up front, detailed the issues

we
could challenge and those we couldn't, and said his role as my attorney

was
to cut my loses because I was male.

Reasonable expectations is to WIN................!! Unless you want to
lose.

Old May 28th 04, 11:46 PM
Bob Whiteside

"krp" wrote in message

[...]

I can tell you from personal experience that pushing the envelope to
overcome the bias within the system is treated by the courts as extending
the divorce process, harassing your soon to be ex, and causing her to run up
unnecessary legal expenses. As a result I have paid 100% of my exes
attorney fees totalling 10's of thousands of dollars. The bias in the
divorce industry is to protect women from the big, bad men who are trying to
manipulate them. The truth is women who are surveyed are very satisfied
with the divorce system because they get more than a fair share of
everything AND they feel in control of the process because of their gender.

[...]

This theory seems to run counter to the well documented concept of
"negotiating in the shadow of the law." Fathers have two choices - accept
their attorney's knowledge of how the courts like to rule, or fight the
system. The latter option costs a lot of money and the results are
questionable.

I actually think I had a good attorney because he understood the

process,
set reasonable expectations for the outcome up front, detailed the

issues
we
could challenge and those we couldn't, and said his role as my attorney

was
to cut my loses because I was male.

Reasonable expectations is to WIN................!! Unless you want to
lose.

Actually, a reasonable expectation is to have the opposing party negotiate
in good faith, be honest about the facts and circumstances, and be willing
to compromise. I fought the system hard because of dirty trick negotiation
tactics used by my ex and her attorney, gross misrepresentations about her
lifestyle to the mediators and the court, personal attacks on me that were
baseless, her lying under oath, and her desire to end up with 100% of
everything and me sitting in jail. I paid the price for standing up against
these types of tactics. And the judge protected my ex from having to be
responsible for her unreasonable actions.