I'm getting married...

Old September 11th 04, 08:13 AM
Buster Van Buren

I'm sorry Christine. You can't play Asshole (TM), as after our wonderful
conversations of last week, I have trademarked and copyrighted that name.
I'm putting the paperwork in now for "Inconsiderate *******"(TM Pending)
too. I figure if people will call me these things, why should I allow them
to do it for free? From now on, whenever you use the term "asshole", please
forward 5 cents to me as a usage fee - and if you indeed call ME an asshole,
then the charge is 7 cents per use. I love copyright law.

Buster

"CME" wrote in message

"Cele" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 19:53:15 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

Oh good luck with all of that, I'm so happy for you two! What's neat is

plan on settling in Vancouver when my schooling is finished... just

think,
we could do coffee on a regular basis (please say you enjoy playing

cards.

One no trump......

Oh, wait, maybe you want me to drop you the Queen?

Hold on....fifteen two, fifteen four, run is six....

Ah, go fish.

Cele

But can you play Canasta? What about Asshole? (It's the one with
President,
and vice-pres, vice-asshole and asshole. Great game regardless of what
it's
called. lol)

Christine

Old September 11th 04, 12:47 PM
Paul Griffiths

"CME" wrote in message
"Paul Griffiths" wrote in message
"CME" wrote in message

snip

Yeah exactly. I have an opportunity to visit LA in a couple weeks but
that's contingent on if I can find care for the twins for a weekend.

Any hope?

Yeah oddly enough. My cousin can take them for one night, and my parents
for the other. So I'm crossing my fingers it all works out.

Oh that's good. I'll cross mine too.

Considering I haven't been away from them for longer than 24hrs in 8.5
years, I think it's high time I take a vacation.

Are they *that* old then? I thought they were 4 or 5ish.

Time flies doesn't it?

Indeed it does but, up until recently, I can't really say that I've been
having a huge amount of fun.

--
Paul Griffiths

Old September 11th 04, 03:00 PM
Cele

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:13:42 GMT, "Betsy" wrote:

Florida. Pummeled by 2 hurricanes in last three weeks, and bracing for a
third one. I suppose it's about time as this area hadn't been hit in many
many years. I just hope it's through and gone before Thursday. That's when
David flys back for another visit.

Ouch! Well with Florida and Texas as part of this, I'd say we're
looking for someone pretty close to just a tad north of centre in the
US. Where would that be, do you think? (I'm moving and don't have an
atlas to hand & I'm too lazy to look on the net).

I sure hope you guys don't sustain any damage there. Those hurricanes
are being reported on *here*, even though they won't have any impact
on us. Which tends to mean they're pretty nasty. Good luck, and let us
know how you do with them.

Cele
Old September 11th 04, 03:01 PM
Cele

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 06:06:28 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Oh good luck with all of that, I'm so happy for you two! What's neat is

plan on settling in Vancouver when my schooling is finished... just

think,
we could do coffee on a regular basis (please say you enjoy playing

cards.

One no trump......

Oh, wait, maybe you want me to drop you the Queen?

Hold on....fifteen two, fifteen four, run is six....

Ah, go fish.

Cele

But can you play Canasta? What about Asshole? (It's the one with President,
and vice-pres, vice-asshole and asshole. Great game regardless of what it's
called. lol)

Christine

Surely you don't lack faith in my ability to *learn* the basics of
being an asshole?

Canasta. I've played it but I'll need a refresher.

Cele

Old September 11th 04, 07:00 PM
Betsy

"Cele" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:13:42 GMT, "Betsy" wrote:

Florida. Pummeled by 2 hurricanes in last three weeks, and bracing for a
third one. I suppose it's about time as this area hadn't been hit in many
many years. I just hope it's through and gone before Thursday. That's
when
David flys back for another visit.

Ouch! Well with Florida and Texas as part of this, I'd say we're
looking for someone pretty close to just a tad north of centre in the
US. Where would that be, do you think? (I'm moving and don't have an
atlas to hand & I'm too lazy to look on the net).

I sure hope you guys don't sustain any damage there. Those hurricanes
are being reported on *here*, even though they won't have any impact
on us. Which tends to mean they're pretty nasty. Good luck, and let us
know how you do with them.

Cele

Looks like my area may well be spared the ferocious Ivan. Too soon to tell
for certain. Charley devastated the town where I grew up and graduated High
School. Still have to wait and see what Ivan does come Tuesday. Already we
are out of gas at most stations, and food stuffs are dwindling rapidly.
People are panicking, and no wonder. This will be the third category 4
hurricane to hit the state in a month. I'll keep folks posted as I can. If
I don't post for a few days next week, it will be because I lost power
again. I'm too lazy to try to find the newgroup on yahoo or google, so I
wait till I get back home on my own PC to pull it up. Don't worry, I'll be
in touch.

Betsy

Old September 11th 04, 10:55 PM
Cele

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 18:00:42 GMT, "Betsy" wrote:

Looks like my area may well be spared the ferocious Ivan. Too soon to tell
for certain. Charley devastated the town where I grew up and graduated High
School. Still have to wait and see what Ivan does come Tuesday. Already we
are out of gas at most stations, and food stuffs are dwindling rapidly.
People are panicking, and no wonder. This will be the third category 4
hurricane to hit the state in a month. I'll keep folks posted as I can. If
I don't post for a few days next week, it will be because I lost power
again. I'm too lazy to try to find the newgroup on yahoo or google, so I
wait till I get back home on my own PC to pull it up. Don't worry, I'll be
in touch.

OK, Betsy, I'll be thinking of you. Be well and stay safe.

Cele

Old September 21st 04, 07:23 PM
denanson

"Lisa" wrote in message

Spinning away,,,

Well?
Have you hit the ground yet?

Tell us all, photo's too please!

Dennis

Old September 25th 04, 04:22 PM
Lisa

Hello everyone!

We are now home as a happily, thrilled actually, married couple. The
wedding was so very beautiful and loving. The entire day was perfect, our
evening was elegant.

I'm the one that screwed up our vows. LOL

Our boy was on cloud nine, he announced at the reception of my husband's
intention to pursue adoption. "my dad, is going to do that thing to make
him my real dad, not a step-dad"

I like saying that....my husband.

We went to Quebec City for our honeymoon. For those that don't know, we
live in Ontario, Canada. We took the train, first class. This was a gift
from a very good friend of ours, he paid to upgrade us. What a wonderful
way to travel. Never thought I'd say I'm sick of smoked salmon.

Quebec City is phenominal. Very historic, very European, very romantic. We
ate like royalty, the food was incredible everywhere we went. We spent
pretty much all of our time in Old Quebec, the area that was originally
settled by the French in around 1640 or something like that. Cobble stone
steets, tall tight structures, all surrounded by a stone wall to contain and
fortify the city.

OH yes,,,,,while we were there, the Queen Mary II came into port!!!

We returned home to a very happy little boy last night, and picked up our
dogger this morning. This being said, we are only now starting to get our
**** together re presents and pictures. This house looks like
hurricane Lisa hit, so it's time to purge.

God bless Quisinart!! lol

Lisa