I'm getting married...

Old September 9th 04, 05:51 PM
Betsy

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message
alt.visa.us.marriage-based (At least for the US based folks) - the
immigration
form you'll be looking for is a fiance visa - I think it's an I-29?

Good luck.

Got it already sent in. Thanks

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 20:45:56 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:

"Betsy" wrote in message
"Paul Griffiths" wrote in message

snip

Thanks. Should we make it a race? Have to be handicapped somehow
'cos
you guys had a head start. Be fun to meet up one day though, if it
all
works
out I mean.

Well, a race, hmmmm. Sounds like fun, but...let's keep it friendly
shall
we? No, "neener neener neener" at the other one.

Oh okay then. sulk

Don't know how much of a head start we have, as this all just came
together
in the last month. We've known each other far longer, but the face to
face
meeting happened probably around the same time yours did.

Ah right, I didn't realise that. Must have skipped a crucial sentence.

Be fun to meet up, period. More fun if it all works out, mind.

It would and it definitely would.

Is there another, more appropriate, place on the 'net for this kind of
thing? Alt.green-card or something?

'Kate

Old September 9th 04, 08:09 PM
Paul Griffiths

"Betsy" wrote in message
"Cele" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:37:49 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:
"Cele" wrote in message
. ..

snip

Well, this is about assp posters getting together.

Is there a chance this could expand into a discussion of a meet? That'd
be great by me.

Works for me. Anyone up for an assp meet in North America somewhere
next summer?

Hammer out the details, and finances and personal life permitting, I'm
there!

You just *had* to mention the F word, didn't you. Ah me.

--
Paul Griffiths

Old September 9th 04, 08:10 PM
Paul Griffiths

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

alt.visa.us.marriage-based (At least for the US based folks) - the

immigration
form you'll be looking for is a fiance visa - I think it's an I-29?

It really is true that you can find almost anything on Usenet isn't it.
Amazing.

--
Paul Griffiths

Old September 9th 04, 08:11 PM
Paul Griffiths

"Betsy" wrote in message
"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

alt.visa.us.marriage-based (At least for the US based folks) - the
immigration form you'll be looking for is a fiance visa - I think it's

an I-29?

Got it already sent in. Thanks

Hmm...

--
Paul Griffiths

Old September 9th 04, 08:58 PM
CME

"Cele" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:37:49 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message
. ..

snip

Well, this is about assp posters getting together.

Is there a chance this could expand into a discussion of a meet? That'd
be
great by me.

Works for me. Anyone up for an assp meet in North America somewhere
next summer?

Cele

Hammer out the details, and finances and personal life permitting, I'm
there!

Betsy

Yes I'd be up for that too. Btw is this a with or without kids meet?

Christine

Old September 9th 04, 09:00 PM
CME

"Paul Griffiths" wrote in message
"Cele" wrote in message
On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 06:40:35 GMT, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:

snip

He said he's busy right now but muttered something about hot tubs and
satellite TV systems. Mean anything to you?

I dunno. I heard that if you put a TV in a hot tub it kind of lights
up your whole day...

Yeah I imagine it would, especially over here where TVs run off 230 volts.

--
Paul Griffiths

Don't try this at home kids!!! Sorry it needed a parental advisory.

Christine

Old September 9th 04, 09:41 PM
Paul Griffiths

"Cele" wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 20:46:50 +0100, "denanson" Dennis@Large .ie
wrote:

snip

I'll leave it to Paul to speak WRT his own, if he chooses to.

Was there any doubt? :-)

I've talked to Pete about the current possibilities quite a lot both during
our holiday and since we've been back. In the past when we've talked about
this sort of thing in theory he'd always been dead set against the idea of
acquiring older siblings, especially sisters, but didn't seem too worried
about younger ones. As an aside, we talk about lots of things in theory
when there's little or no chance of them happening 'cos it feels "safer"
then than if it's looming on the horizon and we can discuss things much
better. Works for us anyway.

Okay, where was I? Oh yes, since meeting everyone Pete feels that while
older sisters would be bad news older HALF-sisters would be "okay". Coming
from Pete that's high praise. :-)

To be honest I think it's just his way of stepping back from his previous
position in light of the fact that the potential sisters are both actually
rather cool. He's often quite a shy kid when he meets new folks but he
didn't seem to have any big problems with either Cele or either of her two
so I'd say it looks rather hopeful.

The very first day when we all cycled around the park was quite interesting.
We'd only just met and yet everyone seemed so comfortable with each other.
Discussing the possible New York trip later on was good fun too. Lots of
ideas about where we simply had to go while we were there came from everyone
at the table.

Oh and Cele's youngest and I have started emailing and also chatting online
too which we both seem to enjoy.

Overall I can't say I've noticed many if any negatives that haven't been
easily sorted but I'm only too aware of how quickly things can change so
we'll monitor things regularly and just wait and see I suppose.

--
Paul Griffiths

Old September 9th 04, 09:44 PM
Betsy

"Cele" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:37:49 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:
"Cele" wrote in message
. ..

snip

Well, this is about assp posters getting together.

Is there a chance this could expand into a discussion of a meet?
That'd
be great by me.

Works for me. Anyone up for an assp meet in North America somewhere
next summer?

Hammer out the details, and finances and personal life permitting, I'm
there!

You just *had* to mention the F word, didn't you. Ah me.

--
Paul Griffiths

OOPS! My bad. Ah well. Problem is, my son is going to Germany next summer
for 10 days (that's not the problem) and I have to save money to send him
(THAT'S the problem). It's going to cost me around $3,000 for him to go. I
think it's a wonderful experience and I want him to have the opportunity to
visit other countries, and to learn about the history there. If all goes
well, I at least won't be struggling paycheck to paycheck soon. Not that
I'll have loads of cash laying around, but at least I'll be secure in paying
my bills. Still want to meet up somewhere if at all possible.

Betsy

Old September 9th 04, 09:44 PM
Paul Griffiths

"lm" wrote in message

snip

It's so nice to see so many beginnings on this forum :-)

That's certainly true and it makes a pleasant change.

--
Paul Griffiths