HELP ME

Old October 10th 03, 07:37 AM
javalearner

Default HELP ME

my baby boy is 9 month old, and i am facing the feeding problem since
1st month. he had taken 1 month to learn latch the breast properly and
then whole 7th month for taking bottle .....he is now 9 month and
taking 750ml(formula milk) and breast feed at night........now i'm
facing the food problem , as he is not taking the food...
i went to the doctor he suggest me to cut half of the milk in day
time(375 ml).
i did that but my son cried whole day , he wants milk....so i just cut
250ml from 750ml. but my son is still not having the food......he is
getting just 500ml milk in day time.
is any other kids does the same? is he going to eat till one year? or
should i give him milk as much as he wants and don't worry about food?
thanks in advance
Old October 10th 03, 08:59 AM
Herself

javalearner wrote:

or
should i give him milk as much as he wants and don't worry about food?

If he's not ready for food, or doesn't want it, it's fine...give him
milk. I don't know about formula, having never used it.
--
'Tis Herself
Old October 10th 03, 09:05 AM
CY

Can I ask why you are giving him formula? It may be giving him stomach
pains and that would make him reject any food. Maybe he is not ready or
does not like the taste of other foods. My daughter did not like food
really until she was about 15 months old and even then she prefers
breastmilk. She is 20 months old now and still doesn't eat much other food.
Some babies are just like that...
om...

Old October 10th 03, 12:10 PM
Rosie

My daughter didn't really take solids until she was 11 months. I was
advised to cut down on milk feeds too, but I didn't do this because it
didn't make sense to me - she would just be hungry! Some babies aren't
ready until later on. If you are in the UK perhaps you could find a helpful
health visitor to speak to, or another doctor?

I'm sure your baby is well and healthy - he will eat when he is ready.

Love
ROSIE

Old October 10th 03, 03:05 PM
iphigenia

javalearner wrote:
i went to the doctor he suggest me to cut half of the milk in day
time(375 ml).

He's suggesting that you cut back on milk in order to make your child take
solid food? I don't see how this is a good idea at all. If he's not ready
for solids yet, then forcing them upon him isn't going to change that!
Continue *offering* solid food; when he's ready, he'll accept it.

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

Old October 11th 03, 01:35 AM
Cathy

javalearner wrote:
my baby boy is 9 month old, and i am facing the feeding problem since
1st month. he had taken 1 month to learn latch the breast properly and
then whole 7th month for taking bottle .....he is now 9 month and
taking 750ml(formula milk) and breast feed at night........now i'm
facing the food problem , as he is not taking the food...
i went to the doctor he suggest me to cut half of the milk in day
time(375 ml).
i did that but my son cried whole day , he wants milk....so i just cut
250ml from 750ml. but my son is still not having the food......he is
getting just 500ml milk in day time.
is any other kids does the same? is he going to eat till one year? or
should i give him milk as much as he wants and don't worry about food?

My daughter is also 9 months. Sometimes she will have lots of solids, other
times (like last week when she as teething) not a lot. If she doesn't want
solids, she won't take them - it doesn't matter if she is hungry or not. I
was realyl worried too that she wasn't eating enough solids, but she is
growing well, so that is the main thing. And as others have said, I'm sure
she'll start enjoying solids when she is ready. If your son wants milk,
give him milk. Offer solids, but don't worry if he doesn't eat.

Cath