TV Turnoff Week: Escape the Fantasy

Old April 17th 07, 11:11 PM posted to misc.kids.health,alt.parenting.solutions,uk.people.parents,misc.health.alternative
Custard Creme

Default TV Turnoff Week: Escape the Fantasy

April 23 - April 29 2007

The idea is simple: take your TV, your DVD player, your video iPod,
your XBOX 360, your laptop, your PSP, and say goodbye to them all for
seven days. Simple, but not at all easy. Like millions of others
before you, you'll be shocked at just how difficult - yet also how
life-changing - a week spent unplugged can really be.

http://adbusters.org/metas/psycho/tvturnoff/index.php

Watch the uncommercials
http://www.youtube.com/v/szjtqFB5EnQ

http://www.youtube.com/v/Po1gHbZulFc

Old April 18th 07, 12:21 AM posted to misc.kids.health,alt.parenting.solutions,uk.people.parents,misc.health.alternative
G Hardy

"Custard Creme" wrote in message
oups.com...
April 23 - April 29 2007

The idea is simple: take your ... laptop... and say goodbye ... for
seven days. Simple, but not at all easy. Like millions of others
before you, you'll be shocked at just how difficult - yet also how
life-changing - a week spent unplugged can really be.

Thankfully, I can stay online by just moving the ethernet cable over to a
desktop machine, or am I missing the point?

;o)

Old April 18th 07, 12:31 AM posted to misc.kids.health,alt.parenting.solutions,uk.people.parents,misc.health.alternative
R. Steve Walz

Custard Creme wrote:

April 23 - April 29 2007

The idea is simple: take your TV, your DVD player, your video iPod,
your XBOX 360, your laptop, your PSP, and say goodbye to them all for
seven days. Simple, but not at all easy. Like millions of others
before you, you'll be shocked at just how difficult - yet also how
life-changing - a week spent unplugged can really be.

---------------------
It would be like living in the paleolithic, when we had to gather
food 18 hours a day or starve. It would be barely worth it. Even
if the food is free, and we don't have to work, so that we can lay
around and wonder what we're supposed to do, without anything else
decent to do that humans have invented, life would suck bad. So
YOU go do that, YOU go suck, and we'll keep right on looking and
playing.
Steve

TV Turnoff Week: Escape the Fantasy Custard Creme Kids Health 2 April 18th 07 12:31 AM
fantasy art [email protected] Child Support 0 February 6th 05 09:38 PM
Science vs fantasy LisaBell General 9 January 21st 05 04:56 PM
Even in Death you can't escape CS... C Child Support 8 August 24th 04 06:52 AM
Play With Fantasy, a place where you can realize your fantasy Fantasmologues Single Parents 2 September 11th 03 07:56 PM