Questions For the Co-sleepers....

Old July 7th 06, 07:22 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers

Default Questions For the Co-sleepers....

Ummm. I understand they go through a monster under the bed stage at 3, so
I would think not until after that ...

hmm, no monsters under my sons bed, or at least if there are, they are not
scary ones, I'm not at all anti co sleeping I just personally can't tolerate
a baby or toddler in the bed, so our aim was always for them to be in there
own cot/bed, but the both did cosleep parts of the night early one and on
holiday, that kind of thing, but moving them to there own room from ours has
not been a problem either.

Anne

Old July 7th 06, 07:25 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers

I don't feel safe sleeping with my twins so I have them in their crib.
They are sleeping much better then my other two did at this age for what
it is worth. Actually they are 3 months and sleeping much better then my
other two did at 4 years, lol.

funny isn't it, chances are it means nothing, but I can't compare cosleeping
to not, but an interesting thing happened with both of ours was that they
both slept though for the first time, the first time they slept in there own
room it was as if we didn't disturb them and I didn't hear the slightest
murmer, get woken up, end up waking them more and then feed. I'd be very
interested to record the noises in the children's room when they apparently
sleep through the night!

Anne

Old July 8th 06, 09:49 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

Linda wrote:
How do you determine it is time for a baby to go into their own bed and at
that point how do you do it?

When it's time, you'll know. It is different for every family and every
baby.

I'm quite happy letting her nap on my lap, but should I be
making her nap elsewhere?

Do it while it works and when it's not working anymore try something
else When she gets bigger it might be an issue but you can always
nurse her to sleep and put her down somewhere.

As far as sleeping at night, obviously when she's older she will need her
own bed - but how long do others keep their baby in bed with them? (DD is 6
months now).

My daughter is 16 months and has recently started sleeping in her own
bed for the whole night. She wakes once usually. We started
transferring her to her own bed for the night because she really
thrashes around in the night and I wasn't getting a good rest anymore.
She had stopped feeding in the night and slept through (mostly), just
moved around a lot. That was our reason.

And if she is that dependant on me for sleeping are we going to have major
problems when she wakes up and I'm not there? (I love the fact that
currently she opens her eyes in the morning, snuggles and smiles and starts
chattering away.)

We've always co-slept and don't have that problem. Our baby's crib is
in our room though so we're still all together She wakes up quite
cheerfully usually.

Also, she's feeding quite often through the night and going straight back to
sleep which is fine, but I was just wondering if I should start limiting it
at some point or will she just naturally not wake up as much to feed on her
own?

Don't limit it. She'll taper down on her own.

Sounds like you're doing a grear job, your instincts will continue to
lead you the right way for you and your family.

Elle