Our daughter is here

Old July 7th 06, 02:44 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

Default Our daughter is here

Angelina Gisele was born on July 3, 21:56. weighing 7lbs 12oz, 54 cm
long. (there's an accent on that first e in Gisele, but I can't type
it...)

She is beautiful as ever.

Unfortunately she aspirated meconium duing labor, and was born with
inflamed and infiltrated lungs. She's in NICU, and has made amazing
progress in the less than 3 days she's been on earth. On Monday night
they thought she wouldn't make it, and now she's breathing well on her
own and her lungs are rapidly clearing. She has a tough road ahead, but

the worst looks to be behind her.

I am pumping and storing at the NICU...they haven't started feeding her

yet but likely will tomorrow via gastric tube. Pumping's gone well, my
milk came in by about 36 hrs after birth and I'm pumping up a storm. I
am desperate for when I can feed her directly.

homebirth - we labored at home, progressed rapidly, but at 8cm she

started dancing around in there during multiple back to back
contractions. Made it to 10cm and started pushing but midwife detected

some distress in the heartbeat and when it was clear she wasn't going
to come within minutes, decided to transfer to hospital. That the
closest hospital (5 mins) also has the best NICU helped. OB on call was

amazing, and let midwife take significant role. With monitors, her
heart was sounding good so she said let's go ahead and push. 2 hrs
later she was born, vaginally. Her heart is perfect, so all guessed it
was her moving around she must have hit the cord, got distressed and
aspirated. So her heartbeat was her way of letting us know something
was wrong and we needed to get to hospital asap.
No regrets on any of the labor or delivery, location would not have
made a difference, and when it did, we all listened to our guts and
were there where we needed to be.

Now we just hope and pray that the little fighter she is stays strong
in
her and gets her through the next weeks, but so far so good.

Old July 7th 06, 03:39 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Nikki

"cjra" wrote in message
ps.com...
Angelina Gisele was born on July 3, 21:56. weighing 7lbs 12oz, 54 cm
long. (there's an accent on that first e in Gisele, but I can't type
it...)

Congratulations and welcome to baby Angelina. Such a pretty name!

She is beautiful as ever.

Of course :-D!!

Unfortunately she aspirated meconium duing labor, and was born with
inflamed and infiltrated lungs. She's in NICU, and has made amazing
progress

Holy cow how scary! My best wishes for her speedy recovery and quick return
home. I hope the nursing goes off without a glitch when she is ready.

Keep us posted.

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old July 7th 06, 05:45 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Nina Pretty Ballerina

"cjra" wrote in message
ps.com...
Angelina Gisele was born on July 3, 21:56. weighing 7lbs 12oz, 54 cm
long. (there's an accent on that first e in Gisele, but I can't type
it...)

Now we just hope and pray that the little fighter she is stays strong
in
her and gets her through the next weeks, but so far so good.

congrats and welcome baby Angelina Gisele. I hope she continues to fight
until she is healthy.. When you get to take her home, I hope the whole NICU
experience stays far behind you..

thoughts are with you

chris in oz

Old July 7th 06, 01:14 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Cheri Stryker

cjra wrote:

Angelina Gisele was born on July 3, 21:56. weighing 7lbs 12oz, 54 cm
long. (there's an accent on that first e in Gisele, but I can't type
it...)

Congrats and wishes for a speedy recovery - she sounds like a fighter!
--
Cheri Stryker

mom to DS1 - 7 yrs, and DS2 - 4.5 months

Check out my new breastfeeding T-shirts on CafePress!
http://www.cafepress.com/dancingbones
Old July 8th 06, 05:46 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

cjra wrote:
Angelina Gisele was born on July 3, 21:56. weighing 7lbs 12oz, 54 cm
long. (there's an accent on that first e in Gisele, but I can't type
it...)

Now we just hope and pray that the little fighter she is stays strong
in
her and gets her through the next weeks, but so far so good.

Congratulations on her arrival!! I'm so sorry that she has been sick!
It is amazing how strong these little ones can be though isn't it?

I look forward to hearing she is out of the hospital (Christus?) and
home with her mommy and daddy.

Old July 9th 06, 01:16 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Chookie

Congraulations and best wishes!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old July 9th 06, 04:30 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

wrote:
cjra wrote:
Angelina Gisele was born on July 3, 21:56. weighing 7lbs 12oz, 54 cm
long. (there's an accent on that first e in Gisele, but I can't type
it...)

Now we just hope and pray that the little fighter she is stays strong
in
her and gets her through the next weeks, but so far so good.

Congratulations on her arrival!! I'm so sorry that she has been sick!
It is amazing how strong these little ones can be though isn't it?

I look forward to hearing she is out of the hospital (Christus?) and
home with her mommy and daddy.

Yeah, she's at Christus. We'd had such a bad experience there in their
ER last year 2x, that I was hesitant to go back. Now I can't praise
them enough. Their L&D and NICU are just amazing.

Now that she's improving so well, the medical team has been a lot more
candid about her initial condition. They'd never given us false hope or
made it seem a lot better than it was, they did emphasis how sick she
was, but except for one doc who said 'we're just trying to keep her
alive', they never used terms like 'she could die', 'bad prognosis'
etc. Now, they've let us know they really did not expect her to make it
past 12 hours, and pretty much everyone in the NICU was on high
emotions that night as they worked on her. Everyone, when they'd
returned for their shift would go and check on her and were relieved to
see her progress. They showed us the X-ray from the first night, and
now I know why they were so concerned - and were shocked by how calm we
were through it. We were in a daze that first night, but it never
entered our consiousness we could lose her - not out of denial so much
as just *knowing* she would make it.

They've begun feeding her my milk since Friday and tho she doesn't like
the tube, she's taking it well. I'm so glad I can pump and had no
problems with my milk coming in (less than 48 hrs). I feel so helpless
otherwise, it's the one thing I can do for her.

Old July 10th 06, 03:35 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Rebecca Jo

"cjra" wrote:

[...]

Gosh, that's so scary. I'm so glad she's doing well now!!!

They've begun feeding her my milk since Friday and tho she doesn't like
the tube, she's taking it well. I'm so glad I can pump and had no
problems with my milk coming in (less than 48 hrs). I feel so helpless
otherwise, it's the one thing I can do for her.

Yay for breastmilk!

rj

Old July 11th 06, 01:45 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

Congratulations. She sounds like a strong little lady with a beautiful
name!

Jeni

pregnant 17 year old Chris Pregnancy 434 November 14th 05 05:40 PM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 June 30th 05 05:28 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 August 29th 04 05:28 AM
CO: Dad denighed his daughter PBu7434922 Child Support 6 May 9th 04 08:01 PM
Child-support claim of daughter, now 21, reaches back to birth PrchrdnS Child Support 4 February 22nd 04 07:07 PM