c-section bleeding...

Old June 3rd 04, 04:13 AM
Carla

Default c-section bleeding...

I had a c-section on May 16th -- I haven't had any problems at all and
the incision seems to be healing fine but I did have a question about
the bleeding patterns. It seems like in the past week or so that my
bleeding goes from sort of brownish red to almost non-existant to
brighter red and back to brown again. It's just kind of all over the
place. Like I said, there isn't any pain or large amount of blood
just weird coloring & types. I was just wondering if this was normal
and also how long I should expect to keep bleeding.

thanx!!

Carla
Mom to Victor Paul born 5.16.04
www.victorpictures.com --See him here!
Old June 3rd 04, 04:21 AM
Nan

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 03:13:01 GMT, Carla
wrote:

I had a c-section on May 16th -- I haven't had any problems at all and
the incision seems to be healing fine but I did have a question about
the bleeding patterns. It seems like in the past week or so that my
bleeding goes from sort of brownish red to almost non-existant to
brighter red and back to brown again. It's just kind of all over the
place. Like I said, there isn't any pain or large amount of blood
just weird coloring & types. I was just wondering if this was normal
and also how long I should expect to keep bleeding.

thanx!!

My bleeding followed similar patterns with the color and amount.
I also had to postpone my 6 week postpartum check for a pap smear, as
I was still bleeding too heavily.
It's always ymmv, but a month or even longer of postpartum bleeding
isn't unheard of.

Nan
Old June 3rd 04, 12:16 PM
Coccinella

I bled for 8 ww with similar pattern to what you described for the last 3
ww. My Ob said it was perfectly normal.

Love

Nicky

Proud mamma to Alexandra (03/22/2004)

Alexandra's birth announcement
Fur Babies

Old June 3rd 04, 02:15 PM
libbymom04

I agree, I bled for 4 weeks total and the last 2 weeks were the way you
described. If it does get painful with the cramping and you start bleeding
more I would call your OB then otherwise, you are probably fine.

Old June 3rd 04, 02:37 PM
Ilse Witch

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 03:13:01 +0000, Carla wrote:

It seems like in the past week or so that my
bleeding goes from sort of brownish red to almost non-existant to
brighter red and back to brown again.

I wouldn't know for c-sec, but after a vaginal delivery this is perfectly
OK and can continue for several weeks after birth. As long as it doesn't
smell bad and you have no strange abdominal pains (besides the scar, which
can be quite a nuisance, I imagine), you should be fine.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)

Internal exam and bright red bleeding? Jill Pregnancy 1 May 8th 04 05:32 AM
postpartum bleeding Piu Pregnancy 7 March 2nd 04 05:39 AM
Ovulatory Bleeding - How Heavy should it be? Claire Pregnancy 5 February 3rd 04 05:17 PM
Need your advice about bleeding during/after labor Ollie Pregnancy 5 November 11th 03 11:10 PM
DRUGS-INDUCED/DRUGS CAN WORSEN RLS/PLMD: CAUTION! RLS/PLMD patients taking a medication prescribed by their qualified healthcare provider in this Section should not abruptly stop it. They should consult their qualified healthcare provider first. [email protected] Pregnancy 0 July 16th 03 05:58 AM