How fair is this

Old April 1st 04, 09:33 PM
Mr Dad

Default How fair is this

Here are the facts first.

We both make equal money, around 70K

We both have the children 50 precent of the time.

We split everything regarding healthcare for the children.

I am listed as residential parent.

I pay over 700 in CS a month

At the time of my divorce since my Ex was making about 40K I settled a CS
figure that would allow our incomes to be equal. I thought it was the fair
thing to do. Now that she was making as much money as I am I took her back
to get it adjusted.

With my trusty lawyer we march in and start out case and the facts. The
magistrate point is this. I took this deal a year ago and I am not able to
change it now, regardless of the income increase. I can redo the CS
calculations however I will not be granted anymore of a deviation because it
has only been a year and I will in fact be paying more since her income
increase puts in a higher level of support. My deviation currently is
around 35 percent, I was asking for a 50 percent because of the time I have
the children.

I find it amazing that I try and do the right thing and now I get nailed
because of what I did. Of coarse my ex does not want a reduce the CS
because she would have to change the way she is living. As a final straw I
say I just want the difference to be put into an account for the Childrens
education and the magistrate looks at me and says that would have to be a
different case and is not related to this case.

I am completely baffeled.

baby fair schedules? Rob Pregnancy 0 July 18th 04 02:36 PM
Question for Fair For All Chris Scaife General 1 April 14th 04 11:33 PM
This is really not fair! laurie Breastfeeding 5 December 29th 03 07:01 PM
What's fair with my partner? Rhonda Single Parents 60 October 28th 03 10:46 PM
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Goes to the Fair (and the Pediatrician) Phoebe & Allyson Breastfeeding 0 September 26th 03 04:30 AM