Late 31 Week Update

Old July 30th 03, 09:04 PM
Cindy Camp

Default Late 31 Week Update

It has been a while since I posted, I've been so
busy with work, my 15 month old and fighting a
cold that brought me to my knees... Fortunately,
I'm on the mend from that.

I had my 31 week appointment last week. All is
well with the little one. I did make the mistake
of asking my midwife where her head was... of course
her head is up. I know it is early, she still has
plenty of time to turn, but now I am letting myself
worry about it.

My blood pressure is good and weight gain is fine.
I passed the glucose test a while back. I was
worried that I wouldn't as my urine test that same
day showed a glucose level of 250 (can't remember
units) and that was right before I drank the orange
stuff.

Cheryl - you used Bradley for Julie didn't you? I
did for my first also. Are you doing anything special
to prepare this time (refresher course, re-reading
books, workbooks, etc) or just relying on what you
learned in the past.

Not much else to really report on... It has been so
hot... we have A/C, but even with it cranked, I
still get so hot at night. I wake up a in a pool
of sweat every morning.

I may be tempting fate... today I signed up with
HR for my maternity leave and gave them a due dat
of Oct. 1. With the way my company works, I can
leave anytime prior to the set date, but once my
set date arrives, I have no choice but to start my
leave. I want to maximize my time with the new one,
so I made my due date for them a week late.

Glad to hear that things are going so well with
all the September belly buddies! Yeah!

-Cindy (Mom to JDC and EDD 9-23-03)
Old July 31st 03, 06:00 PM
Em

"Cindy Camp" wrote in message

It has been a while since I posted, I've been so
busy with work, my 15 month old and fighting a
cold that brought me to my knees... Fortunately,
I'm on the mend from that.

I had my 31 week appointment last week. All is
well with the little one. I did make the mistake
of asking my midwife where her head was... of course
her head is up. I know it is early, she still has
plenty of time to turn, but now I am letting myself
worry about it.

snip
Glad to hear that things are going so well with
all the September belly buddies! Yeah!

Good to read an update from you, Cindy! Glad that things are going well. I
know what you mean about worrying about the baby's position even though you
know it is early yet to be doing so. I was really relieved that my baby was
head-down at the last appointment. I wish I was better at figuring out which
end was up on my own, because I'm always wondering if he has switched or
whether he has decided to stick with a vertex position! I am good at telling
where his back is and where his limbs are--not so good at differentiating
head from rear. I have read various tips about how to tell, but I think I'm
afraid to push hard enough to actually feel the cues (i.e. is it wiggly, or
firm).

I also identify with your getting hot at night. I have taken to having the
ceiling fan on along with the AC at night and that helps a *lot*--I think
because there is a constant air flow. I also tend to heat up especially much
while using the computer--literally sweating. I think that is kind of weird!

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

32 week update Tiina News Pregnancy 8 July 31st 03 03:04 PM
27 week update Kimme mik Pregnancy 3 July 30th 03 07:49 PM
Another 31 week update sher Pregnancy 5 July 30th 03 07:49 PM
30 week update Tiina News Pregnancy 1 July 11th 03 10:12 PM
36 week update Alicia Elliott Pregnancy 4 July 10th 03 10:56 PM