Huggies diapers ..

Old June 2nd 04, 06:06 PM
Circe

Default Huggies diapers ..

Clisby wrote:
I wouldn't call Huggies horrible, but I like the Kroger store-brand
diapers a lot better.

As far as I can tell, all the store brand diapers are exactly the same
diaper in a different package. There seem to be two varieties--one with
velcro tabs and one with tape tabs--but I can't find any difference between
the ones I've bought at Target, the ones I've bought at Albertsons, the ones
I've bought at Vons, and the ones I've bought at Ralphs (Kroger), except a
minor difference in price (cheapest at Target). They're all I use and they
work fine.
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 4), and the Rising Son (Julian, 6)

Aurora (in the bathroom with her dad)--"It looks like an elephant, Daddy."
Me (later)--"You should feel flattered."

Old June 2nd 04, 06:17 PM
Jennifer and Robert Howe

I don't like pampers we tried them when my dd was a newborn and she would
pee right through them no matter what we did. as soon as they were gone I
switched her to the diapers made by toys r us and that has seemed to help
some of the pee through problems. I have tried the dri-bottoms by walmart
and they are really bad in fact I even have problems with blow outs with
these. So I'm going back to the Toys r us diapers atleast they are
affordable. I get 138 size 3 diapers for $16.99 a box. that lasts me a
little over 2 weeks.

Jennifer
Ariana 8/17/03
Home.earthlink.net/~soalus

Old June 2nd 04, 06:42 PM
Nan

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 14:45:58 GMT, "Jill" wrote:

These are horrible. I just want to vent. (I know I should be using
cloth).....but anyway we have been trying to find the disposable diapers
that work best for us and have tried Pampers Baby Dry and Swaddlers, Huggies
ultratrim, etc etc etc....

We liked Huggies Ultratrim for DD#1, but they've been a PITA for DD#2.
So we're currently using the Pampers Baby Dry.
You can donate the diapers you don't need to a shelter :-)

Nan

Old June 2nd 04, 07:02 PM
JennP

"Jill" wrote in message

The only ones that have been terrible are the Huggies-- Rachel can have a
wet diaper and it immediately runs out to her clothing- I found out when I
changed her and grabbed a Huggies, and 15 minutes later in the new diaper,
her clothes and the bed were wet.

Different diapers fit different kids. It's not really that one brand is any
better than the other. Try going up a size.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old June 2nd 04, 08:13 PM
Angela Schepers

I understand completely. Quinn has wet through Pampers, Huggies and Dri
bottoms within a relatively short period of time. It's a source of real
frustration for me cause he doesn't like his outfit changed and throws a
fit when I have to change it due to a diaper leaking. I've found that
Luvs seem to work really well for him though so we're sticking with
those. The only thing I don't like about them is that the tabs are
adhesive and when Quinn is flailing around during a diaper change he
sometimes manages to get a tab stuck on himself while I'm trying to wipe
his bottom. Having to peel it off his back or stomach isn't very
enjoyable for either one of us so I have to be very careful to fold the
tab over when I undo the diaper so it won't stick to him, easily solved.
Luvs seem to work well for us so you might want to give them a try.

Jill wrote:

These are horrible. I just want to vent. (I know I should be using
cloth).....but anyway we have been trying to find the disposable diapers
that work best for us and have tried Pampers Baby Dry and Swaddlers, Huggies
ultratrim, etc etc etc....

The only ones that have been terrible are the Huggies-- Rachel can have a
wet diaper and it immediately runs out to her clothing- I found out when I
changed her and grabbed a Huggies, and 15 minutes later in the new diaper,
her clothes and the bed were wet. I thought it must have loosened up etc,
abut this has happened 2 more times until I got it through my thick head not
to use Huggies. I mentioned this to a neighbor who works at a daycare, and
she said not one of the (many) parents use Huggies, that Huggies are the
worst diaper. The parents provide the diapers for their own kids in the
daycare and there are all kind of store brands, Luvs, Pampers...but not one
single parent uses Huggies. This is news to me-- I thought Huggies were
supposedly good! I had no idea they had a reputation so to speak, but the
daycare worker said the same as me- they leak like crazy. ?????

I don't know that I have found the perfect diaper but none of the oens I
have tried leak like the Huggies do, ever....even the Wal-Mart brand (Little
Ones) in the yellow bag, these are even much better than the Huggies...even
the hospital wouldn't use Huggies. ?? I thought some people here swore by
Huggies, is this odd to have so many people have problems with them? Has the
quality declined?

Oh well- no more Huggies for Rachel (who, btw, is a little peanut....she's a
lean baby, not chubby, I don't know if that makes a difference?)...anyone
need any Huggies Newborns?

Old June 2nd 04, 08:20 PM
libbymom04

I feel the same way, Libby leaks in Huggies too. I now like Luvs! Huggies
also seem to come open from the tabs!

Old June 2nd 04, 08:25 PM
Katie

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 15:35:38 +0000 (UTC), Jacqui
wrote:

Hillary Israeli wibbled

Pampers smelled weird and leaked like the
dickens with Jacob.

This is one that puzzled me for a long time. So many people here and
elsewhere complained about the smell of Pampers, but the ones we
were given to use in hospital, and the free samples we picked up in
various places, smelled just fine to me.

snip

Yeah, I use Pampers now and I haven't noticed any weird smell. BUT
the reason we switched to Pampers from Huggies was because the Huggies
had a really weird smell! Both DH and I noticed it.

As for absorbancy, I found Huggies Supreme were better than Ultratrim
but otherwise I haven't noticed much difference between the Pampers
and Huggies. Didn't like the WalMart Equate brand, though. Haven't
had leaking with any of them (just occasionally out the top of the
waist if DS does a particularly big poop - I think that's because he's
got a really long torso, though, so the diapers don't come up high
enough).

Katie
Old June 2nd 04, 08:30 PM
Katie

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 18:02:10 GMT, "JennP"
wrote:

"Jill" wrote in message
m...

The only ones that have been terrible are the Huggies-- Rachel can have a
wet diaper and it immediately runs out to her clothing- I found out when I
changed her and grabbed a Huggies, and 15 minutes later in the new diaper,
her clothes and the bed were wet.

Different diapers fit different kids. It's not really that one brand is any
better than the other. Try going up a size.

I seem to remember someone a while back summarizing which
brands/styles of diapers were best for which shapes/sizes of babies
(e.g. long and lean vs barrel-shaped, etc). I can't remember which
ones were good for which shape, though. I should go Google it - it
seemed quite handy. My DS is long and lean.

Katie
Old June 2nd 04, 09:32 PM
ChitaShines

These are horrible. I just want to vent. (I know I should be using
cloth).....but anyway we have been trying to find the disposable diapers
that work best for us and have tried Pampers Baby Dry and Swaddlers,

Huggies
ultratrim, etc etc etc....

Those Huggies do SUCK. We had the same problem with them leaking. I'm so
glad we only bought one pack before the baby was born. We are using the
Swaddlers and are very, very happy with them.

Old June 2nd 04, 10:30 PM
A&G&K

"Jill" wrote in message

Oh well- no more Huggies for Rachel (who, btw, is a little peanut....she's

lean baby, not chubby, I don't know if that makes a difference?)...anyone
need any Huggies Newborns?

ME!!! I find them *the best* and DD never got much above the 10% weight (75%
ht) line on the growth curve.
But it certainly sounds like they are very different from the ones we get
here (Australia).
They are the only disposables we've tried that have never leaked, there's
less plastic, and they seem to stay drier longer. Friends of mine have
complained about crystals coming out, but we've never had that problem (and
I suspect that my friend - who's never tried cloth - doesn't check as often
as I do).
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

WTB: Paying Top Dollar for Kushies Diapers / Kooshies Cuddlers or other cloth diapers Crystal Hall General 2 August 1st 04 12:02 AM
How are disposable diapers supposed to fit (confused cloth diapering Mom)? [email protected] General 7 May 4th 04 05:48 AM
fitted diapers vs. chinese prefolds hobbes General 3 August 26th 03 07:06 PM
washing cloth diapers Jen Pregnancy 5 July 24th 03 05:56 PM
2 1/4 year old keeps taking off diapers Nina Pregnancy 0 July 9th 03 12:53 AM