He *CAN* work!

Old March 15th 04, 07:55 PM
Joelle

Default He *CAN* work!

Trying to wrest control of our ng back from the idiots...

So I didn't answer to Kim's question cuz I have a lazy son myself...but we had
an unexpected blizzard today and snow day. He invited his friend to come over
and I commented that I didn't think he could make it over here (We had about 6
inches dumped on us in a couple of hours)

So he goes out there --mind you I have tried to get him to shovel and he's so
half assed about it I gave up - and he shovels the steps out to the end of the
block, the whole side walk, better than I usually does and he does it in a half
hour and comes back proud that he beat our old know it all neighbor who was
also shoveling.

So he actually is capable of working, just has to have the right motivation....

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old March 15th 04, 08:07 PM
P.Fritz

"Joelle" wrote in message
Trying to wrest control of our ng back from the idiots...

Idiots? You are too kind.

Old March 15th 04, 10:19 PM

"Joelle" wrote in message
[...]

Isn't it amazing how they can get busy for a good cause. I get tired of saying
stuff like, "there will be no bookstore if you don't clean up your room". That
was not the deal when I grew up. My mother said, "get in there and clean your
room". I did it. I was not necessarily scared of her, but just did what I had
to do. What has changed so much??????
ARGH
Joelle, enjoy the snow :g: I do not miss that white fuffy cold stuff.

Old March 15th 04, 10:20 PM

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"Joelle" wrote in message
Trying to wrest control of our ng back from the idiots...

Idiots? You are too kind.

well, I would say I can ignore anything with alt. seduction.

Old March 16th 04, 01:15 AM
Kim

"Joelle" wrote in message
[...]

HEHEHEHE Joelle... That is my son exactly!! Glad I'm not the only one with
one of these capable creatures *grin*

Old March 16th 04, 03:26 AM
Tiffany

P.Fritz wrote in message

"Joelle" wrote in message
Trying to wrest control of our ng back from the idiots...

Idiots? You are too kind.

She is being kind. Must be in a good mood, kid working and all! Good for you
Joelle. Hope things are going well in the personal part of your life too!

Old March 18th 04, 12:57 PM
Bebelestrnge

Subject: He *CAN* work!
From: oaway

Trying to wrest control of our ng back from the idiots...

good Idea, so I'll babble a little to help

So he actually is capable of working, just has to have the right
motivation....

I have found that each of my kids as well as my step kids, eventually found out
that there is not much fun out in the big world without the bucks to spend.
Sure there are some that are gonna hold unto the "free spirit" attitude but
only for as long as "we" let them. Then there are the kids that come out of the
womb motivated from the start to get going, You know the ones that hit the
floor running like my oldest . I wonder about the schools, don't they all have
programs such as the one Jess found that helps the kids get some valuable work
experience I believe it was called a "mentorship" The counselor helped her get
into a job position with the local red cross and at the end of the program she
received a 200.00 stipened. Her experience in her junior year with this program
motivated her to seek out another job after that on her own and she hasn't
stopped since ! I know I did something from the time I was 9 years old that
made me money. Took me a very long time to keep a job in my younger years
though cause I didn't have the stamina to except critisim so I walked out of
many a new job as soon as I got my first negative reaction. Yes *WE* can all
work! It is just a matter of growing up and I was sure glad when I did , I
think I was 28 when I finally found my calling LOL! Been working steady ever
since.....I see the capable teens out on our streets not working just hanging
out, but then I see the ones working too, they are all different and will
blossom in their own time,and in the meantime the gentle pushes and reminders
of the need for them to start considering a job part time after school a few
hours a day isn't hurting them....After all they want a car and to drive soon
right ! I don't know what the driving age is in your state but here it gets us
way early (16)! This is one of the tools of motivation I am using with
Sara........The financial support of her daughter is a given understanding.
One that I see working for her B/F very well not that 16 year olds should be
having babies to motivate them to work mind you....... Arghhhhhhhhhhh !

now a question .........please help me, I have this computer thing and I have
managed to get this far, but this may sound stupid and O.K. I'll acept that, I
clicked on response to post ,got this great set up to do so ,but where and how
do I get to spell check from here ???? So the obvious is...please excuse the
spelling errors and part could be my typing as well.
TIA Bev

Joelle