Giant Initials for Nursery Decoration

Old August 17th 03, 03:03 AM
Tracey

Default Giant Initials for Nursery Decoration

melbgal1 wrote:

Hello.
Spent most of last night surfing the net for giant initials I want to
place atop the dado rail ( or maybe affix to the wall ) in the room
which will become the nursery.

I have found lots of sites that have smallish letters ( to spell out a
whole name ) and these are either affixed to dowel, or are hung by
pretty ribbon in either blue or pink. I wish for neither.

Ideally I would like just 2 letters ( baby's initials ) in a nice solid
font, approx 1ft tall, plain white, no tizziness ( the biggest I have
found is 8 inches ).

I think I saw some in the PotteryBarn Kids catalog
Old August 17th 03, 06:51 AM
Plissken

http://www.shopatgiftsgalore.com/walldecor.html

Old August 17th 03, 07:01 AM
Plissken

"melbgal1" wrote in message

Hello.
Spent most of last night surfing the net for giant initials I want to
place atop the dado rail ( or maybe affix to the wall ) in the room
which will become the nursery.

I have found lots of sites that have smallish letters ( to spell out a
whole name ) and these are either affixed to dowel, or are hung by
pretty ribbon in either blue or pink. I wish for neither.

Ideally I would like just 2 letters ( baby's initials ) in a nice solid
font, approx 1ft tall, plain white, no tizziness ( the biggest I have
found is 8 inches ).

Although I am in Australia, I have no probs with buying over the net
from the UK, the US etc.

Can anyone help ???
TIA

Lea
EDD: 05.April.2004

Just saw Tracey's post and if that is what you are looking for you might try
ebay (seeing your post made me think I should get them for my DD's room :-)

http://tinyurl.com/k9b2

This guy is selling them for less than pottery barn.

Nadene

Old August 17th 03, 05:20 PM
Puester

melbgal1 wrote:

Hello.
Spent most of last night surfing the net for giant initials I want to
place atop the dado rail ( or maybe affix to the wall ) in the room
which will become the nursery.

I have found lots of sites that have smallish letters ( to spell out a
whole name ) and these are either affixed to dowel, or are hung by
pretty ribbon in either blue or pink. I wish for neither.

Ideally I would like just 2 letters ( baby's initials ) in a nice solid
font, approx 1ft tall, plain white, no tizziness ( the biggest I have
found is 8 inches ).

Although I am in Australia, I have no probs with buying over the net
from the UK, the US etc.

Call some local sign-making shops and tell them what you
need. They can do this kind of thing to order and
inexpensively, in any font you wish and a variety of materials.

gloria p
Old August 20th 03, 06:06 PM
Shelly

Check your local craft store. That is how I spelled Ds's nickname His are
wooden and I just painted them to the desired color. Good luck!

--

Shelly
Mommy to Zachariah
"jjmoreta" wrote in message

"melbgal1" wrote in message

Hello.
Spent most of last night surfing the net for giant initials I want to
place atop the dado rail ( or maybe affix to the wall ) in the room
which will become the nursery.

I have found lots of sites that have smallish letters ( to spell out a
whole name ) and these are either affixed to dowel, or are hung by
pretty ribbon in either blue or pink. I wish for neither.

Ideally I would like just 2 letters ( baby's initials ) in a nice solid
font, approx 1ft tall, plain white, no tizziness ( the biggest I have
found is 8 inches ).

Although I am in Australia, I have no probs with buying over the net
from the UK, the US etc.

Can anyone help ???
TIA

Lea
EDD: 05.April.2004

JCPenney has some 13" white wood letters with optional metal hooks that

you
can hang other decorations off of.
Currently on sale for $6 each.
http://tinyurl.com/kazq