CS related licene suspension question...

Old May 14th 04, 02:21 AM
Editor - Child Support News

Default CS related licene suspension question...

In Virginia, the thieves want you to pay 5% of your outstanding arrearage...

If you can't you can go to your local JDR Court and request a restricted
license...when I did that, the judge let me drive 24/7/365 after telling me
that if I stoof before him in a contempt hearing, I'd be placed UNDER his
jail...fortunately my case is in another jurisdiction -- albeit with the
judges just as corrupt.

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message
link.net...

Here is the strategy I used. (I had grievances with CSE and they wouldn't
back off on enforcement while they rat-holed my complaints.)

1. You ask for a hearing on the DL suspension issues and merits of the
case.
2. You object to the administrative hearing continuing based on the DA,

who
manages your case, not being present.
3. You get a hearing extension and force the DA to attend.
4. After your DL is suspended you keep on driving.
5. You ignore the instructions to turn in your DL to the DMV and continue
using it for ID.
6. You drive very carefully.
7. You wait to be called to court to face jail time for non-payment.
8. You go to the indictment hearing and request a full hearing.
9. You go to the full hearing and tell the judge you are willing to

set-up
a payment plan.
10. You get the judge to order the DA to prepare an order to reinstate

your
DL.
11. You take the order to the DMV and get your DL reactivated.
12. You smile knowing they didn't lay a glove on you.

Old May 14th 04, 02:32 AM
Dusty

"Editor - Child Support News" wrote in message
In Virginia, the thieves want you to pay 5% of your outstanding

arrearage...

If you can't you can go to your local JDR Court and request a restricted
license...when I did that, the judge let me drive 24/7/365 after telling

me
that if I stoof before him in a contempt hearing, I'd be placed UNDER his
jail...fortunately my case is in another jurisdiction -- albeit with the
judges just as corrupt.

OK, but which state would you go to for this "restricted" license? The one
where you owe the CS to or the license issuing state? Could you just bring
it to them, the legal question that is? Or would you need to wait for them
to start something first?

What gets me is that one state can tell another to enforce it's own orders.
As I understand it, they can't (usually) do that.

Another thing.. you said that the state ordered you to cough up 5%,
couldn't, but yet, after taking it to a judge and making an offer to pay X
amount, you got your DL back? Interesting. Why not just eliminate the
middle-man and go straight to a judge instead? Seems faster to me. And
would amount to a lesser chance of running afoul of the local "law
enforcement" thugs... er, police.

Old May 14th 04, 02:37 AM
The DaveŠ

Editor - Child Support News wrote:
Unfortunately, you don't have the right to drive...it's a privilege
afforded to you by the State.

Right, but that's a ****-poor excuse to purposely place obsticles that
really do nothing but hinder people from even having a realistic chance
of doing what the court has told them they need to do.

--
Whose cruel idea was it to put an 's' in the word lisp?

Old May 14th 04, 02:42 AM
Pamela

I never respond to this stuff, but you know, I don't think taking a person's
license for failure to provide for his children is extreme.

I have an ex who has not paid child support for years, may see his daughter
whenever he wants, makes a great income, and cheats and steals his way
through life.

Taking his driver's license away seems a rather amusing way to wake him up.
More I think about it, the more I like it.

We teach our children that there are consequences to what we do. Perhaps,
ex's who disregard the health and welfare of their children ought to be
taught the same lesson.

Pamela
"Dusty" wrote in message
I was wondering about this the other day...

What if.. a state that a person had a CS order/issue with (but you didn't
live there) could issue an order to another state (where you live) to
suspend your drivers license? And if so, how is that legal?

It seems to me to be an extreme step. To with-hold a person's "right" to
drive (i.e.; get to work, the grocery store, see one's children, etc..)
would be a gross violation of the a person's right to work and a whole

host
of other things.

Think of it.. you wake up tomorrow morning and find that your license to
drive is no more. How do you get to work? This would not be a big deal

for
someone living in a major city, public transportation is practically on
every other street corner. But say, you don't live in a major (hell, even

minor) city and you commute several miles to get to work. What do you do
then?

The way I see it is kinda like this... You have your license suspended
because CSE says you're in arrears of X amount, you need to drive 20 - 25
miles to get to work (maybe less, maybe more.. hell, maybe a lot more) and
back. What do you do?

Sure, you could ask a co-worker to drive an additional few miles to pick

you
up and drop you off - every day. But we all know that's gonna get old

real
fast.

What can a person do, legally speaking, to fight this sort of thing (yeah,
yeah, "get a lawyer")? You need to keep your job, so you can pay your CS,
but you can't drive to get there so you're about to loose your job...
forget taking cabs back and forth (because of the cost). And forget

busses.
Do you say "what the f*ck" and drive anyway? And what happens if you get
caught driving without your license? What then, other then watch your car
get towed to the impound lot, do you do?

Eliminate the impossible and whatever
remains, no matter how improbable, must
be the truth.

---- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ---