best thermometer?

Old November 8th 04, 06:33 AM
Vogel Sher

Just wondering if anyone has tried the one that First Step Ahead sells? It
clips onto the baby's diaper so that the sensor is against the baby's
abdomen... Then it has a second piece (kind of like "remote control") where
you read the baby's temp... It's supposed to help you monitor the baby's temp
without bothering/waking the baby.. and it has an alarm that you can set so
that if the temp hits a certain degree (set by you) then the alarm sounds... I
thought it looked cool, but don't know anyone who's tried it...

sherry
Old November 8th 04, 08:34 AM
larissa

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 19:53:59 +0000, Rob wrote:

wife registered for a temporal artery themometer. in her CPR class, she was
told they aren't particularly accurate and to get an ear thermometer. any
thoughts or reviews of what sort of thermometer is convenient and most
accurate? thanks!

Ear thermometers may not be especially accurate, but I just love mine. It
is rapid, which, with a twitchy toddler or baby is all I care about. As
Sue pointed out it is not just the number but how the child is acting that
is more important, we were also told this when my daughter was in hospital.

Larissa
Old November 8th 04, 10:30 AM
elizabeth emerald

"Vogel Sher" wrote in message
Just wondering if anyone has tried the one that First Step Ahead sells?

It
clips onto the baby's diaper so that the sensor is against the baby's
abdomen... Then it has a second piece (kind of like "remote control")

where
you read the baby's temp... It's supposed to help you monitor the baby's

temp
without bothering/waking the baby.. and it has an alarm that you can set

so
that if the temp hits a certain degree (set by you) then the alarm

sounds... I
thought it looked cool, but don't know anyone who's tried it...

haven't tried that, but i can easily use the braun thermoscan ear
thermometer when DS is asleep & he doesn't wake. just stick it in, press the
button a little beep & there's the temp. you just need to make sure you use
the ear which he has *not* been lying on otherwise you will get a falsely
high reading.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

"Old school don't mean I'm better, I'm just getting older" -- Bias B

advice please Kazh Pregnancy 34 September 7th 04 07:56 PM
BBT Thermometer vs. Regular digital Thermometer Shannon Pregnancy 4 June 4th 04 03:46 PM