Not gettinge excited anymore

Old November 9th 04, 12:14 PM
Zaz

"Hope" wrote in message
snip

at 38 weeks you could easily
experience some strong prodromal labour for the next few weeks!

Aaaarrrghh! Noooooooooo! Not a few weeks! Days, yes, but not weeks,
pppppleaaase!

Old November 9th 04, 12:26 PM
Anne Rogers

This sounds fairly similar to what I was feeling in very early labour,
the epsiodes of contractions would last several hours and didn't stop
when I went to bed, but there was long gaps with none. I didn't have to
breath through them, but I couldn't think about anything else during
them. They didn't seem to be doing much and the couple of VEs I had were
very discouraging. I got to almost fully effaced, but no dilation, I
don't know whether things would have progressed naturally as in the end
there was enough going on to cause my waters to break, but I still never
hit active labour, I hope you do as induction isn't very pleasant.

Induction is out of the question for me before 42 weeks: my midwife is
very adamant about that, and so am I! Of course, the baby and I will be
checked weekly or more if I want to for problems, but if problems are
summed up by my own discomfort, that won't be enough, for me nor for my
midwife.

if your waters broke I doubt it would be out of the question, I certainly
wouldn't have gone for induction without that happening and I doubt it would
have been offered, once the waters have broken there is a risk of infection,
it is possible to wait, but at that stage I wasn't going to.

Old November 9th 04, 12:55 PM
Zaz

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
if your waters broke I doubt it would be out of the question, I certainly
wouldn't have gone for induction without that happening and I doubt it
would have been offered, once the waters have broken there is a risk of
infection, it is possible to wait, but at that stage I wasn't going to.

Water-breaking and me not getting into labour is what my midwife would
consider a problem... I don't want a medicated birth, but I want my baby
alive and healthy!

Old November 9th 04, 02:59 PM
Leslie

I'm sure your body is doing something. You just wish, like me I'm sure, that
it would do something a little bit faster!

I know I have had lots more harder contractions this pregnancy, and I was 3.5
cm dilated last week. I've never been dilated that much before labor before,
and I think those contractions must have something to do with it!

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

excited Kaybee Pregnancy 5 August 11th 04 06:01 PM
Poll- what makes you excited? Jill Pregnancy 7 November 30th 03 02:50 AM
New Baby - Dad not as excited as he thought paul williams Pregnancy 13 October 22nd 03 06:07 PM
3 month update, and I'm so excited about something! KC Breastfeeding 1 August 27th 03 08:48 PM
Children aren't 'bad' anymore, just afflicted JG Kids Health 13 August 12th 03 11:28 PM