A Good Man

Old September 5th 03, 11:11 PM
Tiffany

Default A Good Man

Tracy wrote in message
et...
"Father Drew" wrote in message
news:IhT5b.47001$nf3.32024@fed1read07...
Of course some men behave badly, including good men. This is true of
bother genders.

I have to ask though, does pornography make a man bad these days? It's

natural urge, guys are visual. The only reason we have kids in the

first
place is because we appreciate the female body.

My boyfriend would disagree with you that "pornography is a natural urge".
I strongly believe the looking at something which we find attractive is
normal. That is for both genders. It isn't just men who stop and take a
look at someone of the opposite sex that they find attractive. Both men

and
women do it. But *pornography* being a natural urge - no it isn't. My
boyfriend does not go out of his way to view pornography. He has a

"girlie"
calendar hanging in his garage, which I could careless about. It isn't

like
he is over there drooling, etc. His oldest son put it there, otherwise it
wouldn't exist. When I'm with my boyfriend I feel I'm the only female

that
exists. I have never seen him look (check out, etc) another woman while

I'm
around. What I experience with my boyfriend is extremely rare.

Likewise - my boyfriend will never see me looking at another guy. Since
he's been in my life the rest of the men population just doesn't exist.

You
guys are nothing more than just other people.

I guess the real difference is that to my boyfriend attraction goes far
beyond just looks. To some all it takes is just looks == that is for

both
men and women too.

I could blow away the rest of the article, but in the end, the only one

who
can judge if you are good or not is you. We all have our morals and

ideas
of what is and is not acceptable, and if we live up to what we believe

be
good, we are. I refuse to let a butch dike with a bad haircut tell me

how
I should behave.

LOL - I hope so!

Tracy

But what about a man who doesn't have that love of his life and resorts to
pornography to help him along in his self-pleasurement? Would you consider
that natural or unnatural? I have mixed feelings about pornography but this
isn't the place for that discussion. lol

Old September 6th 03, 12:48 AM
Tracy

"Tiffany" wrote in message

Tracy wrote in message
[...]

Neither... it is just him and part of his personality, and it isn't up to me
to make that judgment. Just like there are those who feel the need to
masturbate when they don't have someone in their life, then there are those
who don't. My opinion concerning them doing it doesn't mean anything. I
was merely commenting on if the act is a natural urge. Ironically my
boyfriend and I talked about porn, masturbation, and being without a current
someone... it was my boyfriend who told me he personally views it that you
don't do it - you wait for the real thing. Therefore, to him it isn't a
natural urge to view porn. It isn't natural to masturbate, etc... it *is*
natural to want to make love to that someone special.

I tend to view natural urges similar to an act of nature. It is something
which you can't control but have a desire for. An example would include a
parent catching their baby when baby is trying to learn how to walk and
starts to fall. It is hard for the parent to not reach out and catch their
baby, because we don't want our baby to hurt themselves. It is like we
don't have a choice... it is an instinct. Most parents react the same when
faced with their baby falling during those tender moments.

In my opinion it is stereotypical (if not sexist) to view that men have
natural urges for porn. It is almost like how some people view single women
and the women's *need* for sex toys. Some have them and some don't. Just
because society thrives on smut and dirt doesn't mean everyone does it,
needs it, or that it is an act of nature (natural).

We can talk about other stereotypical views too for both sexes. All of them
are just stereotypical B.S. The original post in this thread was so
stereotypical of women it wasn't even worth my time to respond, because all
you have to do is step back and view what type of women are attracted to the
"bad" guy instead of the norm. How does the song go? Dirty Laundry... it
sells news you know... we (society) thrives on it. If we spoke the truth on
what really is the norm, it would put us to sleep, because most already live
it and to us it isn't exciting or different - it isn't the green grass.
What we don't realize is that the green grass is really just painted. It
isn't real. It is fake. What is real is right in front of us and within
our reach... not to mention often times it is the most beautiful thing we
could ever want. We're just attracted to the fake, unreal, painted smut.

I have mixed feelings about pornography but this
isn't the place for that discussion. lol

You bad girl. :-p

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

Old September 6th 03, 01:31 AM
gini52

"Tracy" wrote in message
If we spoke the truth on
what really is the norm, it would put us to sleep, because most already

live
it and to us it isn't exciting or different - it isn't the green grass.
What we don't realize is that the green grass is really just painted. It
isn't real. It is fake.

===
Say it ain't so!...Just when I figured out how to get over the fence
and back without getting caught. Sheesh. Is nothing sacred anymore?
Gini (Who actually has a very good man with no porn in the house. My
grandfather was
another matter, though. He kept his under his recliner-- And I have no idea
how I came to find that out.)
==
==

Old September 6th 03, 01:54 AM
Tiffany

"Tiffany" wrote in message

Tracy wrote in message
[...]

I will be honest... I didn't read the original post as it wasn't something I
thought was worth my time. I only caught that short message from Father Drew
and your reply. You are right though, everyone is different. But what I have
heard folks say is that we talk of natural urges and whether or not is it
'moral' to act on them..... but some folks have urges that most would not
consider natural but are still urges to them so they deem them as natural.
It is all in the eye of the beholder.

Old September 6th 03, 03:29 AM
Father Drew

"Tiffany" wrote in message
I will be honest... I didn't read the original post as it wasn't something

thought was worth my time. I only caught that short message from Father

Drew
and your reply. You are right though, everyone is different. But what I

have
heard folks say is that we talk of natural urges and whether or not is it
'moral' to act on them..... but some folks have urges that most would not
consider natural but are still urges to them so they deem them as natural.
It is all in the eye of the beholder.

Sounds like we are caught up on symantics. What urge is not natural? If a
human (a natural being) has an urge, isn't it natural? Not that it matters,
cause it was really about being a good man anyway.

-Drew

Old September 6th 03, 12:11 PM
Tiffany

"Tiffany" wrote in message
[...]

Symantics yes which is why I didn't elaborate on it. But briefly, some men
have urges when they look at children..... is that natural? They will claim
they can't help themselves and all that horse****.

You are right, its all about being a good person.