Proposed TX legislation to protect NON-fathers

Old March 28th 07, 04:15 AM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

Default Proposed TX legislation to protect NON-fathers

http://www.ifeminists.net/e107_plugi...hp?item.6112.3

Texas State representative Harold Dutton has introduced legislation
that would protect a father who pays child support for years before
finding out he is not the biological father.

PLEASE support this...I can hear the women now screaming saying that's
not fair to the children...my belief? Every single child born should
have a DNA test before leaving the hospital...if the alleged father is
present, he should ALSO be tested...if the alleged father is not
present, once the CSE finds him, he should be tested before any
support is awarded...But I can assure you the women will scream about
having to do a DNA test when the father does not contest the child is
his...My take? If you have nothing to hide, there's no reason why you
should not agree to do it. But it should be a LAW.

PS. I am a woman

Old March 28th 07, 01:27 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer

whatamess wrote:

PLEASE support this...I can hear the women now screaming saying that's
not fair to the children...my belief? Every single child born should
have a DNA test before leaving the hospital...if the alleged father is
present, he should ALSO be tested...if the alleged father is not
present, once the CSE finds him, he should be tested before any
support is awarded...But I can assure you the women will scream about
having to do a DNA test when the father does not contest the child is
his...My take? If you have nothing to hide, there's no reason why you
should not agree to do it. But it should be a LAW.

PS. I am a woman

I used to be opposed to this for several reasons (privacy, pre-existing
conditions, etc), but I am growing more and more agreeable to the idea
for one simple reason: the child has a right to their biological father.
And as far as I know, that's not a right that anybody (including the
mother), can prevent.
This whole Anna Nicole Smith business (in as sick as it is) seems to
prove the point: so a lawyer can beat the father to the birth
certificate and have rights even though the DNA says otherwise?
Old March 28th 07, 04:47 PM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

On Mar 28, 8:27 am, John Meyer wrote:
whatamess wrote:
[...]

I, like you, are very much a believe of people's privacy and rights,
however, when allowing them privacy and rights infringes on the rights
of someone else, like hundreds of fathers out there who pay support to
kids who are not theirs or the thousands of children who have no idea
who their dads are because their lousy mothers won't tell them or
don't know, then that's when someone's privacy should be irrelevant.

Old March 28th 07, 06:07 PM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"whatamess" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.ifeminists.net/e107_plugi...hp?item.6112.3

Texas State representative Harold Dutton has introduced legislation
that would protect a father who pays child support for years before
finding out he is not the biological father.

PLEASE support this...I can hear the women now screaming saying that's
not fair to the children...my belief? Every single child born should
have a DNA test before leaving the hospital...if the alleged father is
present, he should ALSO be tested...if the alleged father is not
present, once the CSE finds him, he should be tested before any
support is awarded...But I can assure you the women will scream about
having to do a DNA test when the father does not contest the child is
his...My take? If you have nothing to hide, there's no reason why you
should not agree to do it. But it should be a LAW.

Uhuh. And next they will tattoo "666" on your forehead. With all due
respect, what the heck is wrong with you?

PS. I am a woman

Old March 28th 07, 06:08 PM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

oups.com...
whatamess wrote:
[...]

Well guess what, the burden of proof rests with the accuser. At least that's
the way it used to be. And if the woman is accusing the man of being the
father, the burden to prove so rests with HER! Ever heard of the Fifth?

Old March 28th 07, 07:10 PM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

On Mar 28, 1:07 pm, "Chris" wrote:
"whatamess" wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

PS. I am a woman- Hide quoted text -

What is wrong with me? I have nothing to hide, therefore, if someone
wants to check anything out on me, I say, go right ahead...It's only
those who have something to hide, that would be opposed to their child
and father's or alleged father's child to have a DNA...

Old March 28th 07, 09:54 PM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"whatamess" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 28, 1:07 pm, "Chris" wrote:
"whatamess" wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

It's not a matter of "hiding" anything, rather it's a matter of privacy.
Even so, is there something wrong with hiding things?