Happy Xmas and be nice to HanK

Old December 17th 03, 11:27 PM
Andrew

Default Happy Xmas and be nice to HanK

Happy Xmas everybody. Happy New Year too when it comes round. I feel I
should say it as I have only seen it in a couple of posts and I want to
thank all for the support and company I have received. Also I am feeling it
as I am going to be alone for Xmas, no daughter, family in many
countries/locations so one out for the actual celebratory period.

On the be nice to HanK bit I have to say I am aware that some have said
there is some history with HanK, I also don't agree with everything he says
or the way he says it but I feel I must defend the guy for a several
reasons:

imprimis
I think there is a bit of a knee jerk reaction to what he says for whatever
the historical reasons are. If it's HanK attack it anyway. It's his right to
post and kudos to the guy for taking it on the nose and still coming back
for more. (hmm, kudos or not a long term evolutionary trait but anyway, this
is an 'on his side' post so leave that aside for the moment)

secundus
Although I disagreed with some stuff he said some things have been very
valid. For example he spoke about the distrubution of parental time and how
it should be split in a break up, he said to me carpe diem (well, he phrased
it slightly differently but the theme was when you have the chance to
recharge go out and unashamedly indulge yourself, try to recharge your
batteries) and I agree that is important. He has also made some points that
have not been really discussed such as his contention that it is easier with
one parent, I do hold to the majority view on the board that it is better
with two and most things are easier with two due to physical and finite
time/resource/emotional constraints but there are some aspects that are
easier with just one to make a decision. Maybe the way he phrases things has
given offense in the past? I don't know.

tertius
Its Xmas. Be nice

I would like to know what it is he does for a living though, I am kind of
curious on that front.

Ho Ho Ho,

Andrew
(the red nosed Budweiser advert)

PS don't necessarily assume anyone else read molesworthy but favourite latin
phrase has still got to be 'Cave Canum' with the illegitimi and the
carborundum business a close second.

Old December 18th 03, 08:04 PM
CME

"Andrew" wrote in message
[...]

Well I'm glad his posts have helped you, but as for everyone else, I don't
think that's been the case, and that's why I've taken issue with him. Oh
and there is no history here with him, he's a new troll, we were referring
to Steveb. But he's another story. lol

Christine

Old December 18th 03, 11:59 PM
Tiffany

CME wrote in message

"Andrew" wrote in message
[...]

Oh god, don't remind me of Steveb. Hank is fine in my book compared to
Steveb. Hank is obvious with his intent and doesn't care if everyone likes
him. I can respect that. lol

Old December 19th 03, 06:39 AM
HanK

"Andrew"
I would like to know what it is he does for a living though, I am kind of
curious on that front.

I'm a photographer......nothing rude or exciting tho , have a school
photography company. One of the reasons why I have single parents work for
me is all the school holidays are free and it ties in well.

Old December 19th 03, 11:51 AM
Andrew

'Kate wrote in message news
On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 20:04:23 GMT, "CME"

I think my issue is more with Andrew asking the people like you and me
to "be nice to HanK" rather than asking the cause of the problem, HanK,
to lay off the nasty remarks.

'Kate

Hi Kate,

I do take your point and I would not advocate any nasty remarks (well, any
nasty and undeserved remarks lol)

Andrew

Old December 19th 03, 11:52 AM
Andrew

"HanK" wrote in message
.. .

"Andrew"
I would like to know what it is he does for a living though, I am kind

of
curious on that front.

I'm a photographer......nothing rude or exciting tho , have a school
photography company. One of the reasons why I have single parents work for
me is all the school holidays are free and it ties in well.

Ah,

It would be a really bizarre coincidence if you were CW photos as those are
the people that do the pictures at my daughters school. They seem to be
minting it, likewise the people that do the videos of the school plays.

Andrew

Old December 19th 03, 12:55 PM
Tiffany

Andrew wrote in message

'Kate wrote in message

news
On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 20:04:23 GMT, "CME"

I think my issue is more with Andrew asking the people like you and me
to "be nice to HanK" rather than asking the cause of the problem, HanK,
to lay off the nasty remarks.

'Kate

Hi Kate,

I do take your point and I would not advocate any nasty remarks (well, any
nasty and undeserved remarks lol)

Andrew

Well sure.... I suppose Hank was the first to pop in here with nasty
remarks! lol... Seems he fits in just fine.

Old December 19th 03, 01:08 PM
Colette Collopy

Happy Christmas to you all. I'm sure I'll be on here between then and new
year so will wish that one later.
Hope your Christmas turns out to be at least bearable if not truly happy.
Look forward to next year. It may be better.
Col x

Old December 21st 03, 11:29 AM
caroline godfrey

"Andrew" wrote in message
Happy Xmas everybody. Happy New Year too when it comes round.

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all you single parents out there.
Hope you all have a great day and i hope you all have the chance to see the
looks on your childrens faces when they open their presents. Hope you all
have a great New Years as well, enjoy it and don't get too plastered. I
know I won't as I have to work it. Aah, the joys of a bar attendant.