for the old guys.... this time last year

Old October 12th 07, 10:46 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
april & co

Default for the old guys.... this time last year

Recently I've been thinking alot about this time last year lol. This time
last year I think I can safely say that the parenting assessment was nearly
over or over and we were preparing for Joanna coming home. It maks me laugh
because this time last year I thought after everything i'd gone through I
would be the perfect mum and would never get stressed out with Joanna and
she would be the perfect daughter always happy and never throwing a tantrum.
Well how further from the truth was I! I firmly believe i'm a relatevly good
mum and I love my daughter to bits but I have many days where I get stressed
out with her and there have been times where I've just wanted to hide her
away somewhere so I can have some peace. Like this week for instance she's
been really poorly with an ear infection and I feel for her I really do but
gee she's grouchy and will not let me out of her sight and housework well I
can forget about that while shes awake cause she just screams and I end up
wanting to pull my hair out. I love her to bits and wouldnt be without her
but kids cause quite a bit of stress LOL.

april

--
www.freewebs.com/lastchancerabbitrescue

Old October 12th 07, 11:15 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

"april & co" wrote in message
Recently I've been thinking alot about this time last year lol. This time
last year I think I can safely say that the parenting assessment was
nearly over or over and we were preparing for Joanna coming home. It maks
me laugh because this time last year I thought after everything i'd gone
through I would be the perfect mum and would never get stressed out with
Joanna and she would be the perfect daughter always happy and never
throwing a tantrum.

That was pretty naieve, wasn't it? At the same time, a lot of women who
experience infertility and miscarriages feel that way too, when they finally
do get to bring their baby home. And then they crash head first into
reality as well, which is that we are all normal. Sometimes being a mom
rocks, and is great, and meaningful and oh so rewarding, and other times,
well, it can suck, and be thankless, and completely unfun. Hopefully the
first times outweight the second times. : )

Well how further from the truth was I! I firmly believe i'm a relatevly
good mum and I love my daughter to bits but I have many days where I get
stressed out with her and there have been times where I've just wanted to
hide her away somewhere so I can have some peace. Like this week for
instance she's been really poorly with an ear infection and I feel for her
I really do but gee she's grouchy and will not let me out of her sight and
housework well I can forget about that while shes awake cause she just
screams and I end up wanting to pull my hair out. I love her to bits and
wouldnt be without her but kids cause quite a bit of stress LOL.

It's good that you are being honest with us and yourself about how it really
is. Just because you had to work so hard to get your daughter back, doesn't
mean that you aren't entitled to have a crappy day, or just wish for some
peace and quiet, or be annoyed, or whatever. We all go through it, and
we're all allowed to complain a bit about it.

Welcome to the club -- motherhood.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clark_Guest1, Password:
guest
Password

Old October 12th 07, 11:22 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
april & co

That was pretty naieve, wasn't it? At the same time, a lot of women who
experience infertility and miscarriages feel that way too, when they
finally do get to bring their baby home. And then they crash head first
into reality as well, which is that we are all normal. Sometimes being a
mom rocks, and is great, and meaningful and oh so rewarding, and other
times, well, it can suck, and be thankless, and completely unfun.
Hopefully the first times outweight the second times. : )

yes it was naive but at the time I suppose I just didnt really think it
through but oh well i'm back in reality now. I understand what you're saying
about parents who can't have children cause many a time i've been in a chat
room ranting about joannas little wind me up behaviors and other parents
have been ranting about their monsters and we get told off by parents who
cant have kids and they're like oh well we wish we could have the tantrums
and I think to myself yes but if you were in the same situation you'd
probably be doing the same. I do however feel for them because it's not all
tantrusm and tears but sometimes you just need to rant. I ended up having to
phone my hubby up today cause i was just loosing it with joanna and i ended
up in tears as I was so frustrated but again thats parenting for you. At the
moment i'm going through the suck it time but I know that won't last and yes
some of it is joanna not being 100% well but some of it is also her age.

It's good that you are being honest with us and yourself about how it
really is. Just because you had to work so hard to get your daughter
back, doesn't mean that you aren't entitled to have a crappy day, or just
wish for some peace and quiet, or be annoyed, or whatever. We all go
through it, and we're all allowed to complain a bit about it.

Welcome to the club -- motherhood.
--

thanks

april

Old October 13th 07, 01:53 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"april & co" wrote in message
[...]

(((hugs)))
I think we all feel like that sometimes!
I know when I've had a bad day I'll lie in bed and think how bad I've been
and think from now on I'm never going to get cross/frustrated again.... then
we wake up the next morning.
I'm sure you're a great mum and hoping another little one comes soon.
Debbie