books about moving

Old November 5th 04, 09:23 PM
Sara

Default books about moving

Any recommendations for books about moving? From picture books up to the
"Danny the Dinosaur" / "Bread and Jam for Frances" / "Little Bear"
level, please.

One thing I _don't_ want is books that say "I know you're worried about
moving, it'll be okay." Ollie isn't worried about moving, and I don't
want to put ideas in his head! I just want books that show movers coming
to pack stuff up, or about finding your way in a new neighborhood. The
good side of moving, please.

[Snip rant about the children's librarian who, when I asked her today
for books about moving to a new home, showed me first a book about yaks,
then one about yoga, then one about cooking for children, then one about
cement mixers.]

--
Sara

"What people do all day? Mayor Fox. Bunny! Bunny! Hop!
Bunny! Bunny! Bunny! No... bunny."
Old November 5th 04, 10:22 PM
jojo

"Sara" wrote in message
[...]

Goodbye House
Just before leaving with his family for the move to their new home, Little
Bear says goodbye to all his favorite places in and around his old house.

Mouse Moves House
In this phonic reader, there is an explanation on the front inside cover for
those who may not be familiar with what the phonemes, or sounds in English,
are and how they are linked to letters and are thus used to form words. The
back inside cover includes more information about the words in this book.
The story is simple and designed for those just starting to read on their
own. The book can also be used with younger children who enjoy being read
to. Mack the mouse is packing up his things, because he is making a move to
a new location. His friend Jack comes to help. There are a couple of large
flaps to open and a little suspense when the cat appears on the scene. The
surprise will be when kids see how Fat Cat is part of the moving adventure.
The illustrations are bright and bold and are totally in synch with the
text, an important point to help those learning to read because they can
derive clues from the illustrations. Part of the "Easy Words to Read"
series. 2003, EDC,

Moving Day
After a girl says goodbye to friends, she and her family load up the car and
head for their new house

We're Moving!
This charming new picture book series of heartwarming stories and
illustrations will help prepare young children for new situations. The
First-Time Stories series stars six-year-old Amy and her little brother,
Ben, who-like all preschool children-have mixed feelings about first-time
experiences. These gentle, warmly illustrated stories present a positive
message about change and growing up. A must-have addition to every young
family's library.
Amy and her little brother, Ben, are moving! Their new house has a big yard
to play in, but Amy misses her best friend and the flowers she and Dad
planted at their old house.

www.barnesandnoble.com
HOPE THIS HELPS

Old November 6th 04, 02:00 PM
Sara

In article ,
toto wrote:

Most children't books about moving deal with feelings. He may not
be worried, but moving is still stressful for everyone.

I did find one that you might like from the description

[snip list]

Thanks for the suggestions. My underfunded local library had only one of
them, but that's better than none!

Old November 6th 04, 02:01 PM
Sara

In article ,