Off to family.....

Old November 25th 04, 02:48 PM
Tiffany

Default Off to family.....

Am I the only one here that would prefer to hibernate from family today?
Just spend one on one time with my child?

I get no time off work and this day could be better spent in my PJ's
watching movies or taking a nice hike.

Yeah....... I am an ass.

Old November 25th 04, 03:13 PM
Joelle

Am I the only one here that would prefer to hibernate from family today?
Just spend one on one time with my child?

Nope. In fact a month ago I told the inlaws (where we always drive 6 hours for
Thanksgiving) that we weren't going to do it, I needed the downtime. I'm
making a 10 lb turkey and all the fixins just for me and my two kids. And I'm
looking forward to leftover turkey--something you never get when you travel.

The downside is that we won't get to take home Aunt Marion's lefsa...

I get no time off work and this day could be better spent in my PJ's
watching movies or taking a nice hike.

I'm still in my PJ's but I was thinking of getting dressed by the time dinner
is ready.

Yeah....... I am an ass.

Yea, but so am I and what does that have to do with anything?

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old November 25th 04, 03:54 PM
Tiffany

"Joelle" wrote in message
[...]

lefsa?

I don't have to drive more then 15 minutes and I don't want to do it. Oh
well, it is nice to hang out with my niece.

Tiff

Old November 25th 04, 05:54 PM
Purchgdss

Am I the only one here that would prefer to hibernate from family today?
Just spend one on one time with my child?

I get no time off work and this day could be better spent in my PJ's
watching movies or taking a nice hike.

Yeah....... I am an ass.

Nah. Sometimes family can be anything but relaxing.

Last year, my sister and her SO visited. We spent the morning at the
parade downtown and the afternoon and evening cooking, eating, and
playing Texas Hold'em. This year, it's just the four of us. I think
last year was better.

'Kate

Seeing as J and I are 12 hours from the nearest "family" of any sort the
holiday would be spent travelling. We did that when he was younger but these
days, the 4 day weekend could be put to better use as we will see most around
Christmas (only a month away - gasp).

My plan for this week/weekend has been to continue working to reclaim my home.
It's been nekkid on the trim too long and the wall color is tired. My family
will have a wonderful home and proud homeowner to see when they come for
Christmas. If only renovations didn't take so long. LOLOL

Anyone wanna take up a paint brush?

Just my 2 cents.........
Christine
Old November 26th 04, 04:59 PM
Karen O'Mara

"Tiffany" wrote in message ...
Am I the only one here that would prefer to hibernate from family today?
Just spend one on one time with my child?

I get no time off work and this day could be better spent in my PJ's
watching movies or taking a nice hike.

Yeah....... I am an ass.

No, you're not and I hear ya big time. This is the first year in a
long time that I didn't fight the bumper to bumper traffic and head to
Sacramento. My daughter and I had the next door neighbor over for
dinner. I felt very organized, in control and relaxed. We watched two
movies afterwards (Terminal, and Lilo&Stitch) and ate ice-cream cake.

Isn't it fun to be the boss of your life? I like that part.

Karen
Old November 26th 04, 05:26 PM
IWM

"Karen O'Mara" wrote ...

My daughter and I had the next door neighbor over for
dinner.

Wouldn't you have rather had a turkey? Or Summat ?

*Cough...splutter*... sorry but that joke was a little dusty

Old November 27th 04, 02:44 PM
P. Fritz

"Tiffany" wrote in message

"Joelle" wrote in message
[...]

I (yes me...) cooked for thirty........went through a 22 and 14 lb
turkeys, and a 12 lb pork loin.......still have a lot of desserts left over
though. :-)

Tiff

Old November 27th 04, 03:02 PM
Tiffany

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

"Tiffany" wrote in message

"Joelle" wrote in message
[...]

Excellent..... I am sure everything was great! Do you do laundry too? lol

Old November 27th 04, 08:25 PM
denanson

"IWM" (steveb posts from) wrote in message

"Karen O'Mara" wrote ...

My daughter and I had the next door neighbor over for
dinner.

Wouldn't you have rather had a turkey? Or Summat ?

*Cough...splutter*... sorry but that joke was a little dusty

A bit like the "I love babies, but I couldn't eat a whole one"

Dennis

Old November 29th 04, 02:54 PM
P.Fritz

"Tiffany" wrote in message

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

"Tiffany" wrote in message

"Joelle" wrote in message
[...]

Only when I have to. ;-)

Children benefit from relationships between birth parents and foster parents wexwimpy Foster Parents 0 June 28th 04 04:54 PM
Plant Prattlings....was....Would you trust CPS which has FAILED EVERY STATE Kane Spanking 16 May 28th 04 07:41 PM
Help Eliminate an Instrument of Child Torture Kane Spanking 34 December 29th 03 04:54 AM
A Plant's Motivation? Kane Spanking 44 October 16th 03 01:51 PM
A Plant's Motivation? Kane Foster Parents 46 October 16th 03 01:51 PM