Usenet privacy note

Old May 9th 04, 03:35 AM
ejb

Default Usenet privacy note

If you are not concerned about where your Usenet posts appear on the WWW
and have never used the X-No-Archive header, this does not apply to you.
In that case, I apologize for the intrusion. Please ignore my post--I
will not be posting here again.

For everyone else:

I recently stumbled across a new(ish) Usenet archiving website that
currently *DOES NOT* honor X-No-Archive headers and your group is one
that is archived there (as is mine).

Am I sure? Try this on for size: http://tinyurl.com/2f3m3 (leads to
Google search results)

Until they have changed this, I would suggest that you think twice before
posting anything that is private enough to warrant an X-No-Archive
header. Do with this information what you will.

***

From the Talk About Network FAQ,
http://www.talkaboutnetwork.com/faq.html:

Can I remove a message after I post it?

Talk About Network will not remove posts by request unless they are
deemed offensive, abusive or advertisements. The Talk About Network
reserves the right to delete messages at will for any reason, anytime
at its sole discretion.

Can I prevent my message from becoming a permanent part of Talk About
Network?s Groups?

No.

***

My e-mail correspondence with the Talk About Network (thus far):