Unitarianism definition for Steve Walz

Old December 1st 04, 05:15 AM
John

Default Unitarianism definition for Steve Walz

You asked what this term meant, you said "What the he** is that?"

Definition taken from the Pocket Dictionary of Theological terms

Unitarianism
Also referred to as antitrinitarianism. Uniterianism's roots are the Arian
denial of the doctrine of the Trinity (thus asserting that the Father begat the
Son at a point in time so that the Son is not eternal). Modern, humanistic
Unitarianism reflects the influences of the Enlightment and ninteenth century
transcendentalism in its further rejection of the authority of scripture and of
the supernatural. Modern Unitarians generally speak of Jesus as an ethical
ideal, a great moral teacher or even a messenger from God. But in Unitarian
thought Jesus cannot be the eternal Son of the eternal father, because God is
one, not three persons.

There are some churches in the Bay Area where you live that hold to this
cultish philosophy. Look in the Yellow pages and they are there.
HYPOCRITES!!!!

John
Old December 1st 04, 12:36 PM
Mike Rosenberg

John, please demonstrate your religious intolerance in an appropriate
newsgroup.

--
Mike Rosenberg
http://www.macconsult.com Macintosh consulting services for NE Florida
Old December 1st 04, 04:22 PM
dragonlady

In article ,
EMOVE (John) wrote:

[...]

Actually, there are no Unitarian churches: there are, however, a number
of Unitarian Universalist congregations: in San Jose, Los Gatos,
Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Redwood City, San Mateo, San Francisco, Oakland,
Walnut Creek, Hayword, and Fremont. (I may have missed one or two in
the Bay Area-- I'm working from memory, and neither that nor my
geography is stellar.) The Unitarians merged with the Universalists in
1964.

Not sure how you can call us hypocrites. Though you obviously disagree
with us (which is your perrogative), to call us hypocrites you would
have to show that we don't walk our talk, NOT that our beliefs are wrong.

Nor can we actually be called a "cult" by any definition that matters.
The only way to call us a "cult" is to define any
non-mainstream-Christian religion a cult.

Old December 1st 04, 06:38 PM
John

Nor can we actually be called a "cult" by any definition that matters.
The only way to call us a "cult" is to define any
non-mainstream-Christian religion a cult.

My point being in response to a post, that people like Steve Walz cannot bunch
all of the supposed christian churches into one label. Its obvious that you
and me are not the same. But Walz and other ignorant people choose not to see
beyond this.

John
Old December 1st 04, 06:39 PM
John

Actually, there are no Unitarian churches: there are, however, a number
of Unitarian Universalist congregations: in San Jose, Los Gatos,
Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Redwood City, San Mateo, San Francisco, Oakland,
Walnut Creek, Hayword, and Fremont. (I may have missed one or two in
the Bay Area-- I'm working from memory, and neither that nor my
geography is stellar.) The Unitarians merged with the Universalists in
1964.

My mistake on this one. I knew I had it close.

John
Old December 1st 04, 09:31 PM
John

Most of us are not hostile towards mainstream Christianity, as Steve
appears to be.

He bunches them all into one, which shows ignorance in this area.

John
Old December 1st 04, 10:49 PM
Mike Rosenberg

John wrote:

My point being in response to a post, that people like Steve Walz cannot
bunch all of the supposed christian churches into one label. Its obvious
that you and me are not the same. But Walz and other ignorant people
choose not to see beyond this.

So you're just ignoring the fact that you called Unitarians cultists and
hypocrites? And now you're saying "_supposed_ christian churches." Is
it your contention that Christians who don't practice their faith
according to your notion of the "proper" way aren't Christians at all?

But my main question is how many people's beliefs do you want to trod
upon to put down one person?

And of course none of this has anything to do with parenting.