Gary Goldman's 'Medical Veritas': Truth or whitewash?

Old March 10th 05, 09:32 PM
Todd Gastaldo

Default Gary Goldman's 'Medical Veritas': Truth or whitewash?

GARY S. GOLDMAN'S "MEDICAL VERITAS": TRUTH OR
WHITEWASH?

WARNING: Most readers will find this boring - they should delete now.

OPEN LETTER (archived for global access at http://groups.google.com)

Gary S. Goldman, PhD
Editor-in-Chief
MEDICAL VERITAS

Gary,

You exclaimed in one of your emails: "My specialty is vaccine adverse
reactions!"

Don't forget to look at physicians CONCEALING a serious vaccine adverse
reaction
(failure-to-immunize) as they fraudulently promote their vaccinations as
being 100% effective as they
(in effect) deny massive numbers of babies massive numbers of free daily
immunizations.

See the very end of this post...

You recently wrote:

"Dear Dr. Todd Gastaldo...I have attached what will be an introduction to
the Forum concerning birthing procedures....Can I attribute credit to you
somehow in this information that you graciously provided (especially with
regard to 30%)?Sincerely, Gary"

EARTH TO GARY...

As long as you are putting my words into the mouths of Kathy Blanco, Donna
Young and Lisa Muscarella (two of these women have censored me; see
below)...

Why not say my words as *I* would say them - sort of like the way I
sent them to you. Remember, I sent you MY words - a piece authored by ME -
after you asked me (a second time) to modify someone else's delivery
position chart?

How funny that you say you thought I did not want to be mentioned (in your
first effort)
because I declined membership on your editorial board! I had no idea that
declining membership on an editorial board means that one does not want
credit for one's work - LOL!

Also funny, regarding Kathy Blanco - one of the two
censors in your trio of authors of my information... Kathy asked me to be on
HER board - and I
accepted - then she kicked me off - censored me - after I took some of
my/her
fellow board members (MDs) to task for ignoring mass child abuse by MDs.
(When she censored me, I posted her "logic" and my criticism of same. You
can find my
criticism of her "logic" in the Google usenet archive. Maybe I'm wrong -
but I think that when children are being abused en masse - the MDs
"performing" the abuse should stop. That failing, other MDs should be doing
the MINIMUM required by law and reporting child abuse.)

Here's a novel idea Gary...

In a journal titled MEDICAL VERITAS - why not PLAINLY DOCUMENT medical
lies - and maybe actually CALL them medical lies - or at least falsehoods -
and point out plainly who has been exposing and challenging them?

You WHITEWASHED the medical lies...

For example you made it sound like the
authors of Williams Obstetrics ACCIDENTALLY left the phony "dorsal widens"
crap in their text - as you left me out of the picture a second time -
LOL!

Gary, I have corrected my part of your essay/intro "authored by Kathy
Blanco, Donna Young and Lisa Muscarella" - see below.

STOP THE WHITEWASH GARY.

MDs are committing OBVIOUS mass child abuse. Whitewashing helps OBs
perpetuate their mass child abuse. Stop helping them.

Gary, my NOTE TO PREGNANT WOMEN at the beginning is especially important.
It's always best to put the problem - and the simple solution - right up
front - IN PLAIN ENGLISH - LOL.

Finally Gary, I say again...

You exclaimed in one of your emails: "My specialty is vaccine adverse
reactions!"

Don't forget to look at physicians CONCEALING a serious vaccine adverse
reaction
(failure-to-immunize) as they fraudulently promote their vaccinations as
being 100% effective as they
(in effect) deny massive numbers of babies massive numbers of free daily
immunizations.

See the very end of this post...

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS1 I will cc all three women so they know what you are
considering publishing under their names. The two censors may not want
their names above what I wrote in revision. I think THEY (Lisa and Kathy)
want to whitewash the obvious MD crimes - I think that's why they censored
me in the first place - LOL! Gary, this is the SECOND TIME you left me
out. You also left
out the part about OBs lying. Are you in cahoots with Lisa Muscarella?
First I re-read what I sent you - then I re-read your Intro - and - well -
your essay looked like it was written by Lisa Muscarella - LOL!

PS2 I will cc Dr. Mark Sircus.
My recollection is that
you and Mark
originally thought up the idea for MEDICAL VERITAS - and then you guys
parted ways - you got the journal. Were you trying to whitewash Mark's
stuff too? Or was he just too focused on mercury in vaccines? (Not a bad
focus if one has to have a focus!)

GASTALDO'S CORRECTED VERSION....(Gary's original version - his Kathy Blanco,
Donna Young, Lisa Muscarella whitewash of my info - is reproduced below.)

Forum: Natural birth: improved outcomes for both mother and child

Kathy Blanco, Donna Young, Lisa Muscarella

Introduction

Current birthing position is challenged

In 1992, Dr. Todd D. Gastaldo, a chiropractor, noted in the medical
literature the radiographic evidence that on-the-back (dorsal lithotomy or
semi-sitting) delivery positions actually close the birth canal up to 30%.
[Gastaldo TD. Labor posture. Birth.
1992;19(4):230]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?CMD=search&DB=pubmed

NOTE TO PREGNANT WOMEN: Side-lying, hands-and-knees, kneeling, standing,
etc. allow the birth canal to open the "extra" up to 30%, but Dr. Gastaldo
warns that some obstetricians and midwives will let women "try" alternative
delivery positions but will move them back to semisitting or dorsal - close
their birth canals the "extra" up to 30% - for the actual delivery.

In 1993, at Dr. Gastaldo's request, the authors of Williams Obstetrics
published the correct biomechanics - "The increase in diameter of the pelvic
outlet occurs only if the sacrum is not forced anteriorly by the weight of
the maternal pelvis against the delivery table or bed"...

But the authors of Williams Obstetrics left in their text (in the same
paragraph) the "dorsal widens" error that first drew Dr. Gastaldo's
attention.

In 2001, the authors of Williams Obstetrics perpetuated the falsehood: "The
most widely used and often the most satisfactory ... [delivery position] is
.... dorsal lithotomy ... in order to increase the diameter of the pelvic
outlet."

The 2005 edition of Williams Obstetrics is due to arrive in bookstores later
this month (March 2005). Dr. Gastaldo is hoping that the authors of
Williams Obstetrics finally stop saying that dorsal lithotomy widens the
pelvic outlet.

Dorsal lithotomy CLOSES the birth canal - up to 30%. Semisitting closes
with more force.

Interestingly, semisitting was promoted by JGB Russell, the British
consultant radiologist who - after he derived the up to 30% figure,
demonstrated a minor (transverse sacroiliac motion) which he (erroneously)
indicated was more important that the major (sagittal) sacral tip motion
demonstrated radiographically by Borell and Fernstrom's 1957 in-trapartum
x-rays.

The Four OB Lies are summarized below - but we will go into them here...

Dr. Gastaldo notes that somehow, by the 1970s, the authors of Williams
Obstetrics were claiming that the pelvic diameters DON'T CHANGE at delivery.

Dr. Gastaldo notes further that when Ohlsen pointed out in 1973 that the
pelvic diameters DO change - the authors of Williams Obstetrics suddenly
decided that dorsal lithotomy - their then-favorite delivery positions -
widens.

This last is the (ongoing) falsehood which originally drew Dr. Gastaldo's
attention to Williams Obstetrics.

Again, the 2005 edition of Williams Obstetrics is due to arrive in
bookstores later this month (March 2005) and Dr. Gastaldo is hoping that the
authors of Williams Obstetrics finally stop saying that dorsal lithotomy
widens the pelvic outlet.

The biomechanics are simple: By placing women on their sacral tips (lying
on their backs or semi-sitting), physicians are not allowing the tip of the
sacrum to move backward and are closing up to 30% what would otherwise be
available space for the baby to most safely pass through.

Incidentally, up to 4 cm of sacral tip excursion was clinically demonstrated
in 1911 by none other than J. Whitridge Williams, MD, the original author of
Williams Obstetrics and in 1913, Harvard obstetrician Arthur B. Emmons, MD
wrote: "Moving backward of the tip of the sacrum . . . enlarges the
available space not merely directly in proportion to the distance backward,
but more nearly by the square of that distance [3]."

Dr. Gastaldo notes that obstetricians are KEEPING birth canals closed the
"extra" up to 30% when babies get stuck - when they pull with hands, forceps
or vacuum extractors.

Trained as a chiropractor, Dr. Gastaldo cringes at the fact that - with the
birth canal closed up to 30% - obstetricians sometimes pull so hard that
spinal nerves are ripped out of tiny spinal cords.

He notes that some babies die - some babies are paralyzed - most "only" have
their spines gruesomely manipulated.

ALL spinal manipulation is gruesome with the birth canal closed the "extra"
up to 30%, he notes.

Dr. Gastaldo also notes that obstetricians are slicing vaginas/abdomens en
masse - surgically/fraudulently inferring they are doing/have done
everything possible to open birth canals - even as they close birth canals
up to 30%.

Although this is obvious criminal behavior, Dr. Gastaldo believes that
medical doctors should be pardoned in advance. He notes that as medical
students, MDs are TRAINED to perform felonies.

snip Donna Young's immediate cord clamping info - except for
Donna's/Gary's? oxytocin comment, as in,

Use of labor inducing drugs is challenged

Finally, labor inducing drugs such as oxytocin, Toesen, Syn-tocinon, Pitocin
have been shown to have a negative effect on the child's developing brain
and can cause the infant anemia due to the necessity of using early cord
clamping when these drugs are administered to the mother. Recent studies
have called for a re-evaluation of routine use of these drugs due to their
adverse effects on the newborn.

[NOTE TO GARY: As I've repeatedly noted for Donna Young, it makes no sense
to let the uterus push with the birth canal closed up to 30% - and even less
sense to chemically whip the uterus to push VIOLENTLY - with oxytocin and
Cytotec - (did I mention?) with the birth canal closed the "extra" up to
30%. Did Donna
forget to mention this plain fact - or did you - LOL! Regardless, when
talking about "Pitocin hav[ing] been shown to have a negative effect on the
child's developing brain" - don't forget to mention the fetal skull
squashing/brain ripping/bleeding that is occurring as OBs chemically whip
uteri with oxytocin and Cytotec - with birth canals senselessly closed up to
30%...An estimated 4.6% of "healthy" term neonates suffer unexplained brain
bleeds.]

[NOTE #2 TO GARY: I see where you used the relevant AMA Principles of
Medical Ethics that I sent you - see below - good! - but you WHITEWASHED
things - LOL! Best
to state those lofty AMA principles right after The Four OB Lies - or so I
say...]

snip

THE FOUR OB LIES

OB LIE #1. After MASSIVE change in the AP pelvic outlet diameter was
clinically demonstrated in 1911 and radiographically demonstrated in 1957,
the authors of Williams Obstetrics began erroneously claiming that pelvic
diamaters DON'T CHANGE at delivery.

OB LIE #2. After Ohlsen pointed out in 1973 that pelvic diameters DO
change - the authors of Williams Obstetrics began erroneously claiming that
their most frequent delivery position - dorsal - widens the outlet.

OB LIE #3. After I pointed out in 1992 that dorsal CLOSES - and so does
semisitting - the authors of Williams Obstetrics - put the correct
biomechanics in their 1993 edition - but kept in their text (in the same
paragraph!) - the dorsal widens bald lie that first called my attention to
their text...

OB LIE #4. OBs are actually KEEPING birth canals closed when babies get
stuck - and claiming they are doing everything to allow the birth canal open
maximally. (ACOG Shoulder Dystocia video - also forceps and vacuum births
are performed with the mother in lithotomy.)

See Make birth better: Dan Rather, before you leave CBS...

I noted some of the OB lies in an Open Letter to the FTC years ago...
http://home1.gte.net/gastaldo/part2ftc.html

RELEVANT AMA PRINCIPLES OF MEDICAL ETHICS....

"[AMA physician[s] shall...strive to expose those physicians...who engage in
fraud or deception."

"[AMA p]hysician[s] shall...seek changes in those requirements which are
contrary to the best interests of the patient."

"[AMA p]hysician[s] shall...make relevant information available to patients,
colleagues, and the public..."
http://www.psych.org/psych_pract/eth...nions53101.cfm

The Florida attorney general (Charlie Crist) was recently quoted in USA
Today saying, "It's illegal to lie."

See Homebirth (also: AMA: Is it illegal for OBs to lie?)
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...f4b794f643ec2f

All patients should encourage American Medical Associa-tion (AMA) physicians
to uphold these first and foremost prin-ciples of medical ethics: (1) "to do
no harm; (2) "... strive to expose those physicians . . . who engage in
fraud or deception;" (3) "... seek changes in those requirements which are
contrary to the best interest of the patient;" and (4) make relevant
infor-mation available to patients, colleagues, and the public.

snip

END Gastaldo's corrected version of Gary's intro...

HERE'S GARY'S ORIGINAL VERSION...A WHITEWASH...

Forum: Natural birth: improved outcomes for both mother and child

Kathy Blanco, Donna Young, Lisa Muscarella

Introduction

Current birthing position is challenged

The on-the-back (dorsal lithotomy) or semi-sitting (supine) delivery
positions commonly used today actually close the birth canal by as much as
30% and put undue stress and pressure on both the mother and the child. Most
any other delivery position (hands-and-knees, kneeling, standing, etc.)
allows the birth ca-nal to open the "extra" up to 30% [1]. Studies have
shown that continuation of the routine use of the supine position during the
second stage of labor is unjustified and responsible for a higher rate of
instrumental deliveries and episiotomies [2]. Physicians have based their
current practice on erroneous information pre-sented in Williams Obstetrics
(2001:316) which incorrectly states, "The moist widely used and often the
most satisfactory ... [delivery position] is ... dorsal lithotomy ... in
order to in-crease the diameter of the pelvic outlet." This has no
scientific basis, actually works against the physiological process of birth,
and serves merely as a convenience to the attending physician. The same
reference correctly states, "The increase in diameter of the pelvic outlet
occurs only if the sacrum is not forced ante-riorly by the weight of the
maternal pelvis against the delivery table or bed." (Williams Obstetrics,
2001:55)

Interestingly, JGB Russel demonstrated a minor (transverse sacroiliac
motion) which he (erroneously) thought to be more important that the major
(sagittal) sacral tip motion demon-strated radiographically by Borell and
Fernstrom's 1957 in-trapartum x-rays. By placing women so they are lying on
their backs or semi-sitting on their sacral tips, physicians are not
al-lowing the tip of the sacrum to move backward and are closing what would
otherwise be available space for the baby to most safely pass through. As
early as 1913 Emmons described a po-sition that would allow the sacrum to
move backward and thereby optimise the size of the birth canal during
delivery. He wrote, "Moving backward of the tip of the sacrum . . . enlarges
the available space not merely directly in proportion to the dis-tance
backward, but more nearly by the square of that distance [3]." By denying
birthing mothers the movement of the sacral tip in the dorsal positions,
physicians can resort to pulling when the babies get stuck. This force can
potentially rip spinal nerves from the spinal cords, in some cases causing
the infant paralysis or death.

Use of episiotomy procedure is challenged

There is no scientific evidence supporting the use of episiot-omy as a
beneficial surgical procedure. It does not decrease the risks of severe
perineal lacerations, it inhibits development of pelvic relaxation, and has
not impacted newborn mortality or morbidity. Improving the birthing position
can likely help maintain the integrity of the perineum and avoid surgical
pro-cedures which should only be employed on a selective, case-by-case basis
[4].

snip Donna Young's ICC stuff - but see my response to Donna regarding
Judith Mercer's "delayed" cord clamping baloney below

Finally, labor inducing drugs such as oxytocin, Toesen, Syn-tocinon, Pitocin
have been shown to have a negative effect on the child's developing brain
and can cause the infant anemia due to the necessity of using early cord
clamping when these drugs are administered to the mother. Recent studies
have called for a re-evaluation of routine use of these drugs due to their
adverse effects on the newborn.

Conclusion

snip