Attn: anyone with early pg spotting who went on to have a healthy baby

Old November 5th 03, 01:56 AM
A&G&K

Default Attn: anyone with early pg spotting who went on to have a healthy baby

Warning - kinda gross, personal questions follow...

How long did you have spotting? How heavy was it? When did it occur
(weeks)? Any specific circumstances?

I stopped completely for a few days but now every time I have a bm (no
straining) I seem to get another episode (just brown mucus on the tp
though).
I'm glad my u/s last Friday was fine and am holding on to that, but I'm
still very apprehensive about the next Ob visit in another 2 weeks (when
I'll be 10w3d).
I've resigned myself to the fact that whatever will be will be and am glad
that I'm not experiencing any cramping or bleeding, but its still enough to
keep me in a permanent state of worry.
Amanda

Old November 5th 03, 02:21 AM
Sandy R

Default Attn: anyone with early pg spotting who went on to have aheal...

I had spotting in y last 3 pregnancies early on, With my son born in
2000, I freaked out but dr said it was perfectly normal with son born in
2002 I started at 8 1/2 weeks, it was BAD I thought for sure I
miscarried and was hemroging...It lasted on and off until around my 21st
week...He was born 7/15/02 perfectly healty son born Jan/2000 was
perfectly healthy too...This pregnancy I started bleeding around 12
weeks, went to the dr, they checked could find nothing wrong and
everything has been going fine, We found out a couple of weeks ago that
we are having a girl and they can't make up there mind on our due date
:-) They have never been able to tell me what causes it and the DR did
tell me some woman bleed the entire pregnancy. Good luck to you and hope
this has helped reassure you that it doesn't always mean loss.

Sandy
mom to Keith12, Kyle5, Ryan3, Andrew1, and Rebekah EDD 1-13-04

~Have a Great Day!~

http://community.webtv.net/Dra223/OURHOUSEWIVES

http://community.webtv.net/Dra223/FAMILY

Old November 5th 03, 02:25 AM
ModernMiko

A&G&K" wrote in message
Warning - kinda gross, personal questions follow...

How long did you have spotting? How heavy was it? When did it occur
(weeks)? Any specific circumstances?

I stopped completely for a few days but now every time I have a bm (no
straining) I seem to get another episode (just brown mucus on the tp
though).
I'm glad my u/s last Friday was fine and am holding on to that, but I'm
still very apprehensive about the next Ob visit in another 2 weeks (when
I'll be 10w3d).
I've resigned myself to the fact that whatever will be will be and am glad
that I'm not experiencing any cramping or bleeding, but its still enough

keep me in a permanent state of worry.
Amanda

*warning - pretty gross description to follow*

My spotting started on Sun am. It was just a strand of mucus with a hint of
blood. Then for the next few hours, whenever I wiped myself it was pink.
Then mid-day, I started having red wipe (like red water) on the tp. It eased
up overnight but about lunchtime on Mon, I felt warm flow and when I went to
the bathroom at work, I had heavy (but not enormously over-the-top) blood
flow that was thick just like a heavy period. At no point was it brown at
all. I was in my sixth week. With my DS, I had a bit of faint-pink then
brown spotting early on after sex one time but that was it. When I saw the
bright red blood Sun I knew it was bad and when it started coming out heavy
yesterday I knew it was hopeless for the pregnancy (although a *tiny* part
of me held a little hope I think). Also when the bright red appeared on Sun,
my back started hurting and by yesterday I felt mildy crampy all over my
lower region. Hope that helps ease your mind a bit. Your sit. sounds ok
fromwhat I've read and doesn't sound like what happened to me.

--
Jenn
Kevin DS 06/26/98

--
Leader of the Cult of Worshippers of BiPolar Long-Haired Sexy Anime Guys
with Swords

Old November 5th 03, 04:05 AM
Coccinella

I had brown/pink heavy spotting during my 9th week. Went to the ER and they
told me everything was fine. Four days later I was back to the ER because of
heavy bleeding. The baby was fine but they found a big hematoma (as big as
baby and sac) close to where the placenta attached. They gave me
progesterone for 10 days and I stopped spotting at week 13.
I am now 19w 4dd and in 2 days I have my big u/s.
I hope everything is fine with you.
Love

Nicky

Old November 5th 03, 04:46 AM
Jayne Kulikauskas

"A&G&K" wrote in message
Warning - kinda gross, personal questions follow...

How long did you have spotting? How heavy was it? When did it occur
(weeks)? Any specific circumstances?

During my second pregancy I had enough bleeding to think that I was having
my period. I did not know I was pregnant then and only got tested when I
missed my next period. We did not realize that what I thought was my last
period was actually spotting until the baby was born, supposedly premature
but obviously full term.

I also had some light spotting early in my fifth pregnancy. I just stayed
in bed for a few days and it stopped. I can't remember any details, sorry.

Anyhow, healthy babies both times.

Jayne

Old November 5th 03, 01:14 PM
Vicki S

"A&G&K" wrote:
How long did you have spotting? How heavy was it? When did it occur
(weeks)? Any specific circumstances?
... its still enough to keep me in a permanent state of worry. Amanda

That permanent worried feeling is lousy, I agree. I spotted and bled
and even hemorrhaged while pregnant with my son, who will be four on the
16th.

First I had what was almost certainly implantation bleeding, but I
didn't know what it was and it scared me terribly. Then at about 6
weeks I had some spotting, and that scared me. I got an ultrasound and
saw that all seemed well. The OB put me on progesterone.

Then later in the 1st trimester (I can't remember how far along
anymore!) I started bleeding and bleeding and bleeding. I went to the
emergency room and the emergency room doctor could only tell me that I
hadn't passed any fetal tissue at that point. He said the hospital
ultrasound machine was old and clunky and pretty useless in this
situation.

So, my husband and I clung to each other in fear and anquish all night,
waiting to have an ultrasound at the doctor's office in the morning. To
our gratitude and amazement, that ultrasound showed that the fetus was
alive and kicking and growing, but that I had a "bleed" in my uterus
that they had a little trouble explaining. It healed, whatever it was.
DS was born healthy at 39 weeks 5 days.

--
-- Vicki
Married DH May 21, 1995
Old November 5th 03, 02:36 PM
Mary Ann Tuli

A&G&K wrote:
Warning - kinda gross, personal questions follow...

How long did you have spotting? How heavy was it? When did it occur
(weeks)? Any specific circumstances?

I stopped completely for a few days but now every time I have a bm (no
straining) I seem to get another episode (just brown mucus on the tp
though).
I'm glad my u/s last Friday was fine and am holding on to that, but I'm
still very apprehensive about the next Ob visit in another 2 weeks (when
I'll be 10w3d).
I've resigned myself to the fact that whatever will be will be and am glad
that I'm not experiencing any cramping or bleeding, but its still enough to
keep me in a permanent state of worry.
Amanda

Hi Amanda,
I had early spotting somewhat how you describe for a few weeks.
I also had a single incident of passing some red blood which was quite
alarming.

My son is now 4 1/2 :-)

I hope everything goes well for you.

Mary Ann

Old November 5th 03, 03:47 PM
Ilse Witch

A&G&K wrote:
How long did you have spotting? How heavy was it? When did it occur
(weeks)? Any specific circumstances?

With DS I spotted on and off for 5 weeks, starting at 5.5w, and it
stopped completely after the 11th week. Usually a bm would bring on
an episode of brown spots, and sometimes I would spot a bit more in
the mornings. They never found a cause for it, but once the u/s
confirmed a heartbeat and baby right on track, I could at least get
it off my mind somewhat.

I've resigned myself to the fact that whatever will be will be and am glad
that I'm not experiencing any cramping or bleeding, but its still enough to
keep me in a permanent state of worry.

I know how you feel, but there is little else you can do than what
you have done. Try to keep your mind off things by keeping yourself
busy with job, reading, housekeeping or whatever else you can find.
Even if the spotting continues, you will feel better once you start
to feel movement. That is still some time away though, in the mean
time, don't hesitate to call your OB if you are worried, just to
check the heartbeat.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (15m)

Old November 5th 03, 05:02 PM
SMK

A&G&K wrote:

Warning - kinda gross, personal questions follow...

How long did you have spotting? How heavy was it? When did it occur
(weeks)? Any specific circumstances?

I stopped completely for a few days but now every time I have a bm (no
straining) I seem to get another episode (just brown mucus on the tp
though).
I'm glad my u/s last Friday was fine and am holding on to that, but I'm
still very apprehensive about the next Ob visit in another 2 weeks (when
I'll be 10w3d).
I've resigned myself to the fact that whatever will be will be and am glad
that I'm not experiencing any cramping or bleeding, but its still enough to
keep me in a permanent state of worry.
Amanda

I started spottin gat 11 weeks, which completely stopped(so far) by the
12th week. Now I am at 14 weeks and all seems to be well. In my last
pregnancy I did not have any spotting whatsoever.
I hope everything is ok soon.

--
Vidya
mom to Vandu(4)

Old November 5th 03, 05:59 PM
Liz S. Reynolds

In article ,
A&G&K wrote:
Warning - kinda gross, personal questions follow...

How long did you have spotting? How heavy was it? When did it occur
(weeks)? Any specific circumstances?

Not I, but a coworker had spotting, followed by fairly heavy bleeding,
bright red, at around 8 or 10 weeks. She was frightened enough to go to the
ER. Everything was fine though, and she delivered healthy twins about 2
months ago.

-Liz