1 yr old not interested in solids

Old February 27th 04, 09:53 PM
sharonx9

Default 1 yr old not interested in solids

My baby girl will be 1 in about 2 weeks :-( The *problem* i'm having is
that she is not interested in solids hardly at all. She will take 2 - 3
bites of something before starting to spit it out and not take anymore. She
wants to nurse a lot. I don't mind the nursing but I really want her on
more solids too. Any ideas or is this normal for her to not be interested
at 1 yr old? Thanks...she's healthy otherwise too weighing at a little over
21 lbs.

BTW, I have her on 3rd stage baby foods and some table foods when she'll
take them but 1 jar of baby food could do her 2 days. :-(

Sharon and Linsay

Old February 27th 04, 10:00 PM
Lucy

"sharonx9" wrote in message
My baby girl will be 1 in about 2 weeks :-( The *problem* i'm having is
that she is not interested in solids hardly at all. She will take 2 - 3
bites of something before starting to spit it out and not take anymore.

She
wants to nurse a lot. I don't mind the nursing but I really want her on
more solids too. Any ideas or is this normal for her to not be interested
at 1 yr old? Thanks...she's healthy otherwise too weighing at a little

over
21 lbs.

BTW, I have her on 3rd stage baby foods and some table foods when she'll
take them but 1 jar of baby food could do her 2 days. :-(

I have no advice, but can tell you that it's not abnormal.

My DD is 15 months and has only just begun to really eat table foods to the
point that I can get away without giving her jarred food. Like yours, she
would take a bite or two then start spitting it out.

Mine also never got beyond the 2nd stage baby foods, since the 3rd stage
were too lumpy.

All I can say is, don't worry. She'll get around to eating when she's good
and ready.

Aren't you glad you're nursing so you don't have to spend all that money on
formula though? )

Lucy

Old February 27th 04, 10:48 PM
iphigenia

sharonx9 wrote:
My baby girl will be 1 in about 2 weeks :-( The *problem* i'm having
is that she is not interested in solids hardly at all.

This is very common and it's really not a problem, health-wise. It's come up
many times befo

--
tristyn
www.tristyn.net

Old February 27th 04, 10:50 PM
iphigenia

sharonx9 wrote:
My baby girl will be 1 in about 2 weeks :-( The *problem* i'm having
is that she is not interested in solids hardly at all.

(My own posts often don't show up on my server, so I'll just reply to the
original again)

It would be helpful if I actually pasted the link I intended to include
about past late solids threads:
http://www.google.com/groups?as_q=in...&ie=UTF-8&oe=U
TF-8&as_ugroup=misc.kids.breastfeeding&lr=&num=50&hl= en

Old February 28th 04, 09:04 PM
teapot

"sharonx9" wrote in message ...
My baby girl will be 1 in about 2 weeks :-( The *problem* i'm having is
that she is not interested in solids hardly at all. She will take 2 - 3
bites of something before starting to spit it out and not take anymore. She
wants to nurse a lot. I don't mind the nursing but I really want her on
more solids too. Any ideas or is this normal for her to not be interested
at 1 yr old? Thanks...she's healthy otherwise too weighing at a little over
21 lbs.

BTW, I have her on 3rd stage baby foods and some table foods when she'll
take them but 1 jar of baby food could do her 2 days. :-(

Sharon and Linsay

Moo boy is nearly 9 months and I spent 2 months trying him with a
taste of something every day incase this tasting window theory is
right. It was pretty depressing having food refused all the time.
Then we got a tummy bug and I gave up all but breastmilk for a few
days. He really went for the banana after that and has got steadily
more adventurous ever since. If I am ever nuts enough to have a
second child I think I would give up for a few days if they refuse
solids at ths start. I worried about it a lot and looked it up and
the only thing they can possibly get from milk only diets is iron
deficiency, but if she is eating a few bites she should be ok. She
sounds a good weight!

Has your daughter got teeth? Moo enjoys finger food and the current
favorite for him with the 2 teeth are mini rice cakes and oven chips
(I make them, they are very healthy!)

teapot
Old February 29th 04, 03:38 AM
sharonx9

Has your daughter got teeth? Moo enjoys finger food and the current
favorite for him with the 2 teeth are mini rice cakes and oven chips
(I make them, they are very healthy!)

teapot

Linsay has 9 teeth. :-)

Sharon and Linsay

Old March 1st 04, 10:05 PM
KarenC

Sharon: With my second child, we went straight from exclusively BF'ed to
table food. He just wasn't interested in baby food. It was kinda funny to
see him happily munching on bits of grilled cheese sandwiches when he'd
never mastered the most finely pureed foods. Our pediatrician suggested
moving on (after fruitlessly trying to make our child eat baby food from age
8 months to 12 months) and although I was skeptical and concerned about
choking, it worked.

Karen
"sharonx9" wrote in message

Has your daughter got teeth? Moo enjoys finger food and the current
favorite for him with the 2 teeth are mini rice cakes and oven chips
(I make them, they are very healthy!)

teapot

Linsay has 9 teeth. :-)

Sharon and Linsay

how many babies not interested in solids at first? teapot Breastfeeding 19 January 15th 04 09:00 AM
Delaying solids and peer pressure [email protected] Breastfeeding 11 January 10th 04 01:36 AM
Not offering solids yet?! Andrea Breastfeeding 8 December 5th 03 07:57 PM
poop, solids vent.. ted Breastfeeding 3 August 14th 03 04:44 PM
solids and a 6 month old DavesFatChick Breastfeeding 4 July 28th 03 08:21 PM