Tooth Feeling

Old November 24th 03, 02:06 PM
Pig

Default Tooth Feeling

Hi, I understand that during pregnant its better if we dont go for x-ray at
the dentist, and avoid the filling as well. But, today my dentist told me
that I can have the teeth filling. Is there anyone know what type of
filling safe for us? I really worry if this will affect my baby. The
dentist asked me to put temporary filling. But, I just so scared, because
the first time I went for my check up, she did the job rushing and hurting
my gum as well. Thanks.

Old November 24th 03, 06:17 PM
Ilse Witch

Pig wrote:
Hi, I understand that during pregnant its better if we dont go for x-ray at
the dentist, and avoid the filling as well. But, today my dentist told me
that I can have the teeth filling. Is there anyone know what type of
filling safe for us? I really worry if this will affect my baby. The
dentist asked me to put temporary filling. But, I just so scared, because
the first time I went for my check up, she did the job rushing and hurting
my gum as well. Thanks.

Many dentists nowadays use white fillings, which are comparable to
a ceramic compound. AFAIK these are perfectly safe at all times.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (16m)

Old November 24th 03, 09:04 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Ilse Witch wrote:

Pig wrote:

Hi, I understand that during pregnant its better if we dont go for
x-ray at
the dentist, and avoid the filling as well. But, today my dentist told me
that I can have the teeth filling. Is there anyone know what type of
filling safe for us? I really worry if this will affect my baby. The
dentist asked me to put temporary filling. But, I just so scared,
because
the first time I went for my check up, she did the job rushing and hurting
my gum as well. Thanks.

Many dentists nowadays use white fillings, which are comparable to
a ceramic compound. AFAIK these are perfectly safe at all times.

The issue, IIRC, is more the anesthetic than the
filling itself.

Best wishes,
Ericka