Best Pro-Father Org. for bequest

Old January 21st 04, 10:17 PM

Default Best Pro-Father Org. for bequest

If you were going to kick the bucket and wanted to leave a sum of money for
an organization that would help fathers be with their children after
the mother takes off with the kids and makes visitation difficult,
which organization would you donate to?

I'm aware of some "father's rights" organizations but in your opinion,
what organization would provide the most benefit in helping fathers
become part of their children's lives given that they wish to be?

I've spent much time and money obtaining a court order to simply be able
to be a good father so our child and would be interested in knowing
of an exceptional organization that could affect changes in laws to
allow uniform custody (when wanted) between mothers and fathers.

b.

Old January 22nd 04, 12:26 PM
Moon Shyne

wrote in message ...
If you were going to kick the bucket and wanted to leave a sum of money for
an organization that would help fathers be with their children after
the mother takes off with the kids and makes visitation difficult,
which organization would you donate to?

If you were going to kick the bucket, why wouldn't you make arrangements to
leave the sum of money for the children? If you don't want the other parent to
have access to the insurance money, it's relatively inexpensive to set up a
"revocable living trust" and made the trust the beneficiary of the life
insurance. Then you name an executor of the trust, and place whatever
restrictions on how the money is disbursed on the trust.

Been there, done that, my ex will never have access to my life insurance money -
it will go ONLY to the children, and ONLY under the terms I've set up.

Old January 22nd 04, 07:00 PM

Moon Shyne wrote:

: If you were going to kick the bucket, why wouldn't you make arrangements to
: leave the sum of money for the children? If you don't want the other parent to
: have access to the insurance money, it's relatively inexpensive to set up a
: "revocable living trust" and made the trust the beneficiary of the life
: insurance. Then you name an executor of the trust, and place whatever
: restrictions on how the money is disbursed on the trust.

I plan on doing that but *additionally* wish to help other children in
having access to their father so they didn't have to go through what
I had to go through.

The estate would have enough money for both purposes and yes, I will be
establishing a limited trust.

b.

Old January 23rd 04, 03:50 AM
GudGye11

I would recommend the Alliance for Non-Custodial Parents Rights (ANCPR). Their
web address is:http://www.ancpr.org

In article , writes:

If you were going to kick the bucket and wanted to leave a sum of money for
an organization that would help fathers be with their children after
the mother takes off with the kids and makes visitation difficult,
which organization would you donate to?

snip