Packed Milk as Baby Feed

Old May 15th 06, 07:01 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Packed Milk as Baby Feed

Packed Milk as Baby Food. We observe that mothers use packed milk as
substitute baby feed for the new borns.
Is it safe to do it, should we use special made milk substitutes/ baby

foods Is it important to dilute the packed milk in accordance with the
child's age?
Hope some member likes to give his opinion.
Rgds
M Jahangir

Old May 15th 06, 09:16 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

wrote in message
oups.com...
Packed Milk as Baby Food. We observe that mothers use packed milk as
substitute baby feed for the new borns.
Is it safe to do it, should we use special made milk substitutes/ baby

foods Is it important to dilute the packed milk in accordance with the
child's age?

Are you kidding? It's a crazy idea. I'm assuming you mean evaporated milk
powder. Infant formula was designed to be as close to breastmilk as
possible. It isn't much of a substitute, but it's a hell of a lot better
than cows' milk. Infants shouldn't be drinking whole cows' milk before 12
months of age.

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old May 15th 06, 01:26 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

wrote in message
oups.com...
Packed Milk as Baby Food. We observe that mothers use packed milk as
substitute baby feed for the new borns.
Is it safe to do it, should we use special made milk substitutes/ baby

foods Is it important to dilute the packed milk in accordance with the
child's age?
Hope some member likes to give his opinion.
Rgds
M Jahangir

what country do you live in? Perhaps there is some sort of breastfeeding
education service you could accesss? Can the mothers in question not
breastfeed the babies, that would be best.

perhaps the packed milk you refer to is baby formula? But if you cannot get
that either, then i really dont know what is best

chris in australia

Old May 15th 06, 02:27 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

wrote in message
oups.com...
Packed Milk as Baby Food. We observe that mothers use packed milk as
substitute baby feed for the new borns.
Is it safe to do it, should we use special made milk substitutes/ baby

foods Is it important to dilute the packed milk in accordance with the
child's age?
Hope some member likes to give his opinion.
Rgds
M Jahangir

No, it is not safe. If they are not going to breastfeed (which is the very
best) then they need to feed baby a product that is designed for their
development.

Old May 16th 06, 12:03 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

The only references to "packed milk" I found using Google were from India.
I've also found it referred to in other parts of Asia and in Africa.

If you are in India you should know that Swetha toned milk, Amal toned milk,
Palazhi toned milk and Sri Balaji toned milk were found to be substandard
and probably shouldn't use them. And packed milk will only be suitable for
infants if it is marked as being for infants. Diluting it will not make it
any better.

See he

http://www.doctorndtv.com/FAQ/detailfaq.asp?id=6069

And he

http://www.thehindu.com/2005/11/30/s...3021410300.htm

I would go so far as to say that using milk substitutes in the parts of the
world mentioned above might even be considered unsafe if the milk is made
with tap water. Formula companies had to do a lot of backtracking after
their "formula is better than breast milk" campaign in Africa, where formula
was made with tap water and resulted in poisoning infants who got sick from
the diseased water. So if you are in a country where the water supply is
less than crystal clear, breast is best no matter what. Even cow, goat or
buffalo milk would be better than formula made with poisonous or disease
carrying water!

HTH.

Kasia

oups.com...

Old May 29th 06, 06:22 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

I am from Pakistan.

This is a common practice here , from packed milk I mean Buffalo/ cow
milk UHT treated and tetrapacked.

In here we also see mothers feeding baiies on fresh milk brought by a
street bike man in open drums , collected from the villages or his own
animals.

Somehow our women folk avoid breast feeding due to several reasons.

kindly advise

Rgds
M Jahangir

Old May 30th 06, 09:15 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

I posted about this before, but I'll repost the links again. Maybe the
message didn't appear on the server before.

See he

http://www.doctorndtv.com/FAQ/detailfaq.asp?id=6069

And he

http://www.thehindu.com/2005/11/30/s...3021410300.htm

I'd be curious to know the reasons why the women in Pakistan avoid
breastfeeding.

The treated milk is probably OK, but the fresh... I wouldn't do it - too
much chance of something being passed onto the baby. I know that sometimes
feeding the baby something other than breast milk is unavoidable, but adults
can get sick from untreated milk, so I wouldn't feed it to a baby.

oups.com...