Man wrongly convicted now owes $38,000 in back child support

Old February 11th 06, 02:51 AM posted to alt.child-support

Default Man wrongly convicted now owes $38,000 in back child support

"Dusty" wrote in message ...
"Moon Shyne" wrote in message
news

"Dusty" wrote in message

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

[Moon's b.s. about alcoholism snipped]

Let's get back on topic, shall we? And while we're at it, here are the
facts as they've been presented to us..

1. A guy gets busted for a crime he did NOT commit.
2. The state arrests him on the false charge of murder.
3. The state tries and convicts him of the false crime of murder.
4. Because of the states action against him (false arrest and

imprisonment
for 13 years), his C$ arrears mounts to astronomical levels ($38,000).
5. He attempts to have his C$ lowered, or stopped after he learns of

it.
The state refuses to allow him to do so.
6. After 13 years of imprisonment, the guy is found innocent (witness

came
forward) and is released.
7. The state hands him a bill for $38,000 in C$ for the time they kept

him
in prison and could make payments (remember, the state also said that

they
wouldn't allow him to have his C$ lowered while they kept an innocent

man
locked up, too).

So Moon, please explain to us how being arrested for a crime he didn't
commit, spending 13 years in jail (unable to pay $100 a week in C$, plus
interest, fees and penalties), being cut-off from his children, lose of

his
job, lose of his home, lose of his belongings and car, is all the guys
fault?

I didn't say it was all the guy's fault.

Moon, since about day one of this thread you've done nothing but infer over
and over and over again that Souter is to blame for the trouble that the
state caused him.

He's in trouble for having not taken action about his child support. That much is fairly indisputable.

I really wish you'd stop being a mindless boob and just
face facts - the state screwed up, not Souter. Your argument just doesn't
hold water.

I said the ex-wife had every right to pursue the child support that wasn't

paid towards the support of her children.

For once, you're right. You did indeed state that.

From the news story, he certainly didn't act in a "willful" manner.

That is
to say, he didn't willfully refuse to pay his C$. He didn't walk away

from
his job on his own. He didn't deliberately leave his kids without a

father
and abandon them for 13 years.

In a word, it wasn't his fault. Yet you want to crucify him for not

paying
a debt.

Um, no. All I have said, all along, is that the custodial parent of the

children had every right to legally pursue the
child support.

Bull.

Old February 11th 06, 03:05 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Dusty" wrote in message

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message
news

"Dusty" wrote in message

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

[...]

Moon, he DID take action to stop his C$. The state REFUSED to act on his
motion.

Old February 11th 06, 03:18 AM posted to alt.child-support

"teachrmama" wrote
If they continue to live on public moneys (money I and other tax payers
work hard to earn), have child after child that they cannot support, spend
money paid for the support of their children to feed their "disease" and
NEVER change their choices then, yes, they have earned my scorn, Moon.
Those that make the effort to secure jobs, but still have occasional
slips, are at least trying. But those that never even apply for jobs,
just sit on their fannies with their mouths open for Big Daddy Gubmint to
drop in the sweat-soaked $$ of the American taxpayer--no sympathy from me.

==
It's more than a little curious that MS can profess compassion for a drunk
but have no
tolerance for a man wrongly convicted and sent to prison but forgot to get
his child
support order reduced. Very curious. Perhaps, it's a case of "When it's me,
it's excusable. When it's
someone else, to hell with them." Her insensitivity to this man's plight
has pretty much erased all the benefit of the doubt I've tried to give her
all these years.
No matter--I'm still waiting to hear how her kids' teeth got that bad.
==

Old February 11th 06, 04:08 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Dusty" wrote in message ...
"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Dusty" wrote in message

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message
news
"Dusty" wrote in message
"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

[...]

And you come by this information where?

http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...0317/1001/news

"In 1987, before his conviction, Souter was ordered to pay $100 a week in his divorce with Christine Souter. He stopped
paying when he went to prison in 1992 but didn't ask to have payments suspended until 1995.

Court documents show that in 1997, he owed $23,000 in back support. As of last month, interest and penalties had pushed
it to $38,082.25."

Where do you see that the court refused to act on his motion? Certainly, by the time he asked to have his payments
suspended, he was already 3 years in arrears, and interest generally starts accruing once support is a full month in
arrears.

Old February 11th 06, 04:09 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Gini" wrote in message news:mQbHf.557$U2.370@trndny08...

[snip]

==
It's more than a little curious that MS can profess compassion for a drunk
but have no
tolerance for a man wrongly convicted and sent to prison but forgot to get
his child
support order reduced. Very curious. Perhaps, it's a case of "When it's

me,
it's excusable. When it's
someone else, to hell with them." Her insensitivity to this man's plight
has pretty much erased all the benefit of the doubt I've tried to give her
all these years.
No matter--I'm still waiting to hear how her kids' teeth got that bad.
==

Ooo, good question! I'd nearly forgotten about the slip-up she made.

Hey! Moonie!! Just how did -you- manage to get your kids teeth so messed
up?? Or where you in prison for a murder you didn't commit and you
requested the state to take care of it for you and they turned you down?

Old February 11th 06, 04:10 AM posted to alt.child-support

[...]

It wasn't my kids' teeth. I took care of them. Then, when there wasn't enough money, I skipped on my own care.

Yet another bad assumption on your part, Gini.
==

Old February 11th 06, 04:17 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Gini" wrote in message

[...]

===
But, you have dental insurance.
===

Yet another bad assumption on your part, Gini.

===
And the assumption is?
===
===

Old February 11th 06, 04:26 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Gini" wrote in message news:jHcHf.137$Hn.29@trndny05...

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message ...

[...]

That it was my kids' teeth that were "that bad"

Dental insurance doesn't provide endless coverage - there are limits, per year, and per procedure.

===
===

Old February 11th 06, 04:29 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

[snip]

[...]

You answered your own question.

Old February 11th 06, 04:42 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Gini" wrote in message

[...]

Well, that's a pretty convoluted attempt at an explanation but, I'm guessing
you gave it your best shot.
===
===