YAY!!!! 4 month WBV

Old November 4th 03, 01:40 AM
AlenasMom

Default YAY!!!! 4 month WBV

Alena's no longer considered underweight!!!!!!!!!!
She's 14lbs, 26inches long and doing great! She grabbed Dr. L's glasses off
his face, and smiled at us (until jab time).
Dr. L and I talked about CAS again and he thinks I should contact legal aid
as he (and all of Alena's other doctors) feel(s) there is no need for them
to be involved. I think I may take him up on that. We'll discuss it more on
Friday when I go see him.
He says that she's doing fine and to ignore anyone who tells me to feed her
formula! Yay!!!! He even giggled when I showed him Alena's "boobie juice"
and "clean bum" tricks. (If she's hungry and I say "Alena? Boobie juice?"
She'll smile and then nurse. If she needs a change I ask her if she needs
and clean bum and she'll smile and lift her legs... it's pretty cool. )

I'm so happy that she's not underweight anymore. If she'd still been
underweight, we'd have had to start supplementing her with formula,
something I was dreading.

In other news, I got my blood glucose monitor, and my sugars are still
doing okay. I need to keep an eye for a while, but I should be just fine.
Dr. L and I are going to take a look for a new endocrinologist for me
because of the issues with the last one. (The guy who told me that Alena
was sick because of my blood sugars, only to not come back after my hbA1c
came back as better than normal... jerk.)

So all in all, not a bad day at all.

(Posted to alt.mothers, misc.kids.breastfeeding and alt.callahans.)

--
Lina
Alena born July 1st, 2003

Old November 4th 03, 09:27 AM
Anne Rogers

Alena's no longer considered underweight!!!!!!!!!!
She's 14lbs, 26inches long and doing great! She grabbed Dr. L's glasses off
his face, and smiled at us (until jab time).

This is great news :-). I was wondering what you were meaning by
underweight though, she's 4 months? 14lbs sounds quite good to me,
though I guess that depends what weight you started at.

Old November 4th 03, 02:43 PM
Belphoebe

"AlenasMom" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
Alena's no longer considered underweight!!!!!!!!!!

That's fantastic. You must be so relieved. Alena's "tricks" sound
adorable.

Belphoebe

Old November 4th 03, 02:56 PM
AlenasMom

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
Alena's no longer considered underweight!!!!!!!!!!
She's 14lbs, 26inches long and doing great! She grabbed Dr. L's glasses

off
his face, and smiled at us (until jab time).

This is great news :-). I was wondering what you were meaning by
underweight though, she's 4 months? 14lbs sounds quite good to me,
though I guess that depends what weight you started at.

5lbs 16oz, and she dropped to 4lbs

Old November 4th 03, 05:06 PM
Anne Rogers

5lbs 16oz, and she dropped to 4lbs
yikes, that must have been scary, we started at 5lb 13oz, we've had some
weight issues, but the most he ever lost was 3oz in a weeks, we're still
way behind you though, at 5 months we've not hit 13 pounds. I've no idea
what his lowest weight was, we decided not to have him weighed til he was
a fortnight old and monitor his health in other ways.

-----------
Anne Rogers

Old November 4th 03, 07:40 PM
Iuil

"Anne Rogers" wrote
5lbs 16oz, and she dropped to 4lbs

yikes, that must have been scary, we started at 5lb 13oz, we've had some
weight issues, but the most he ever lost was 3oz in a weeks, we're still
way behind you though, at 5 months we've not hit 13 pounds. I've no idea
what his lowest weight was, we decided not to have him weighed til he was
a fortnight old and monitor his health in other ways.

It's scary stuff - we spent a total of two weeks in the Children's Hospital
while DD was being tested for all sorts of metabolic disorders and put on
high calorie formula to get her back up to a more reasonable height:weight.

She started at 9lb4 and dropped to a low of 7lb7 at 4 weeks. At 16 weeks
she was 13lb7 and the dietician discharged her with instructions to stop all
supplementation.

Jean

--
HOLLY: Nothing wrong with dog's milk. Full of goodness, full of
vitamins, full of marrowbone jelly. Lasts longer than any other type

Old November 4th 03, 11:56 PM
AlenasMom

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
5lbs 16oz, and she dropped to 4lbs

yikes, that must have been scary, we started at 5lb 13oz, we've had some
weight issues, but the most he ever lost was 3oz in a weeks, we're still
way behind you though, at 5 months we've not hit 13 pounds. I've no idea
what his lowest weight was, we decided not to have him weighed til he was
a fortnight old and monitor his health in other ways.

Anne Rogers

Very scary. Alena wasn't able to eat for the first week of her life. Then
it was only by tube feeding, so she lost weight because of that.