MSNBC: As autism cases soar, a search for clues

Old April 28th 05, 10:54 PM
Mark Probert

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
ups.com...
It is the way to have a discussion when you **** me off. I really don't
mind having a disagreement with people. I respect intellectual honesty.
The problem that I have here is that people are not intellectually
honest. Nobody wants to do the research on hidden food allergies like I
told them. I lose my patience after telling people something 500 times,
especially when I tell them nicely 499 times.

So, you defnine intellectual honesty as doing what you direct someone to do.
Do you want me to point out the fallacy of that, or can you see it for
yourself?

Old April 29th 05, 06:51 AM
Brad_Chad

It is obvious that you don't want to do the research that I told you to
do because you are afraid of what you might find. Crack open a book,
lazy behind.

Old April 29th 05, 03:13 PM
Mark Probert

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
oups.com...
It is obvious that you don't want to do the research that I told you to
do because you are afraid of what you might find. Crack open a book,
lazy behind.

Yes, you do not see how you are intellectually dishonest.

Old May 3rd 05, 07:38 PM
HCN

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
oups.com...
..... Crack open a book,

Speakingo of books... this is one you would enjoy:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...l/-/1582344787

and this one:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg.../-/0440419808/

and this one:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...l/-/1891661108

Old May 10th 05, 05:41 AM
Brad_Chad

There was an article in the Wall Street Journal, about two months ago,
about the relationship between food allergies and autism. Are the
people at the Wall Street Journal quacks?

Old May 10th 05, 12:17 PM
Jeff

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
oups.com...
There was an article in the Wall Street Journal, about two months ago,
about the relationship between food allergies and autism. Are the
people at the Wall Street Journal quacks?

No. But they are not medical experts either.

I wouldn't go to the Wall Street Journal for medical advice or the Journal
of the American Medical Assoc. for financial advice.

Jeff

Old May 10th 05, 03:47 PM
HCN

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
oups.com...
There was an article in the Wall Street Journal, about two months ago,
about the relationship between food allergies and autism. Are the
people at the Wall Street Journal quacks?

Did you even look at the books mentioned?

Anyway, here is the place to cite for food allergies leading to certain
childhood conditions (autism and ADHD are not the same... so make up your
mind as to what food allergies cause):
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?DB=pubmed

Old May 11th 05, 06:54 AM
Brad_Chad

Who said anything about "medical advice" ? Read carefully before you
respond. I only said that the Wall Street Journal had an article about
the relationship between autism and food allergies.

Brad_Chad

Old May 11th 05, 06:59 AM
Brad_Chad

I never said that autism and ADHD were the same. I said that hidden
food allergies play a role in many health conditions. Did you find
anything about the medical dispute involving the definition of ADHD?

Brad_Chad

Old May 11th 05, 02:10 PM
Mark Probert

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
oups.com...
I never said that autism and ADHD were the same. I said that hidden
food allergies play a role in many health conditions. Did you find
anything about the medical dispute involving the definition of ADHD?

It is not a dispute, any more than the "dispute" in Kansas over teaching
religion in the guise of a bogus theory called intelligent design (how
anything so stupid can use the word intelligent is beyond me).

What is happening wrt AD/HD is that the experts are continuously discussing
the diagnosis, refining what is already known, and trying to better
understand its causes and treatment.