Quick question about naps in a 13 month old...

Old November 29th 03, 06:32 PM
Welches

Default Quick question about naps in a 13 month old...

kks wrote in message
To anyone who has a 13 month old, or had a 13 month old, or
thereabouts...I have a question regarding naps. I read that between 15
and 18 months, a baby will go from two naps to one nap per day. My
almost 13 month old (second child) is acting like he wants to go down to
one nap already! He doesn't like to take his afternoon nap, and he
isn't sleepy for his morning nap until an hour or so later than usual.
Should I keep putting him down for an afternoon nap until at least 15
months old? You know; mommy knows best? Or should I go with his cues?
If you've had this experience, thanks for sharing!

Dd#1 went down to one nap between 10 and 12 months. She would then sleep
3+hrs in the afternoon, and was much happier as a consequence.
Don't believe all you read, your child is an individual. Anyway, I'll bet
that a different author has different ideas about the right time to go down
to one nap.
Debbie

Old November 29th 03, 10:07 PM
Daye

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 06:16:47 GMT, kks wrote:

Should I keep putting him down for an afternoon nap until at least 15
months old? You know; mommy knows best? Or should I go with his cues?

If it was me, I would put him down, but if he didn't want to nap, I
wouldn't push it. I would let him know that if he was tired that he
could have a nap, but if he didn't want a nap, that was okay too.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan
Old November 29th 03, 10:14 PM
Stara Baba

In article fRWxb.343505$HS4.2927716@attbi_s01, kks
wrote:

Should I keep putting him down for an afternoon nap until at least 15
months old? You know; mommy knows best? Or should I go with his cues?
If you've had this experience, thanks for sharing!

If one will do it, give him one. Mine gave up the morning nap at about
a year. Mommy knows. Common sense rules.
--
-Barb, www.jamlady.eboard.com
Old November 30th 03, 01:35 AM
Mamma Mia

my #1 son was beyond 18 months when i switched, and #2 son was way earlier,
say 8 months or so? i guess it was to do with what we were doing, and
second one doestn get such a routine built around them, but they are both
doing fine and are good night time sleepers

hth

Old November 30th 03, 08:07 AM
MCranEY05

I read that between 15
and 18 months, a baby will go from two naps to one nap per day.

Well, that explains my 17m old. At 13m she went from 2 naps a day to one nap.
I miss that 2 naps. My 3yr old didn't go to one nap per day till she was 2.5yrs
old.

You know; mommy knows best? Or should I go with his cues?

I would go with his cues

good luck to you.

Jolinda
Old November 30th 03, 02:59 PM
Penny Gaines

kks wrote in fRWxb.343505$HS4.2927716@attbi_s01:

To anyone who has a 13 month old, or had a 13 month old, or
thereabouts...I have a question regarding naps. I read that between 15
and 18 months, a baby will go from two naps to one nap per day. My
almost 13 month old (second child) is acting like he wants to go down to
one nap already! He doesn't like to take his afternoon nap, and he
isn't sleepy for his morning nap until an hour or so later than usual.
Should I keep putting him down for an afternoon nap until at least 15
months old? You know; mommy knows best? Or should I go with his cues?
If you've had this experience, thanks for sharing!

I had one kid who went down to one nap when they were about 6 months old.
I don't think that 13 months is too little for single naps.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three
Old December 1st 03, 05:10 PM
Ilse Witch

kks wrote:
To anyone who has a 13 month old, or had a 13 month old, or
thereabouts...I have a question regarding naps. I read that between 15
and 18 months, a baby will go from two naps to one nap per day. My
almost 13 month old (second child) is acting like he wants to go down to
one nap already! He doesn't like to take his afternoon nap, and he
isn't sleepy for his morning nap until an hour or so later than usual.
Should I keep putting him down for an afternoon nap until at least 15
months old? You know; mommy knows best? Or should I go with his cues?
If you've had this experience, thanks for sharing!

Go with the flow: if it is clear he no longer needs a second nap,
then you don't need to put him down. IIRC our DS changed to one
nap a day at about the same age. We went through a couple of weeks
where he would sleep twice on some days and once on others until
he had realigned his schedule.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (16m)

Old December 2nd 03, 12:04 PM
elizabeth emerald

"kks" wrote in message
To anyone who has a 13 month old, or had a 13 month old, or
thereabouts...I have a question regarding naps. I read that between 15
and 18 months, a baby will go from two naps to one nap per day. My
almost 13 month old (second child) is acting like he wants to go down to
one nap already! He doesn't like to take his afternoon nap, and he
isn't sleepy for his morning nap until an hour or so later than usual.
Should I keep putting him down for an afternoon nap until at least 15
months old? You know; mommy knows best? Or should I go with his cues?
If you've had this experience, thanks for sharing!

DS went to 1 nap at 12 months. just to be different, he has the one nap 3hrs
after he wakes up (usually at 10am) not an afternoon one. when he was
younger the books said he "should" have 3 naps - he only ever needed 2.
go with what he is saying. some of us need less sleep than others, some
more.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02