Brown Spotting - Help Please (Graphic)

Old September 22nd 05, 04:35 AM
Pricklyrose

Default Brown Spotting - Help Please (Graphic)

Hello everyone,

I looked for a proper group to put this, but this is the closest I
could find. FIrst, thank you for reading and any advice is great.

I am 33 years old and miscarried at 10 weeks in early June. I didn't
have a D&C because I miscarried in the ER and the attending said
everything came out. My periods started up as normal a few weeks later.

My cycle is usually 24 days on the dot. 3 weeks ago I was about 10 days
late, but woke up one morning with some bright red blood in my morning
urination. I assumed my period had started, but that was all the
happened. I had a couple more wiped that day with some brown blood on
the tissue when I wiped. Well, about 4 days ago, after I had sex, I
noticed some more brown blood. It wasn't extremely heacy bleeding, just
brown blood when I wiped for a couple of days, then nothing.

I had an appointment with my a nurse at my doctor's office because she
was unavailable. Well, she didn't see me neither. She said that quote,
"After reading your file I have decided it is best that (insert doctors
name) examines you." I can't get in to see her for 3 weeks though. So
now I am not only worried about this brown spotting, but why the heck
did they look at my chart and send me home. I had a pap smear after the
miscarriage and it came back good.

I don't feel pregnant. My breats have been tender, but they usually are
when it is around time for my period. If I count that quick release of
bright red blood as a period... then I am way to early for my next
period.

So now I sit here all anxious looking for an answer. I am not sure
what to think at this point other then I am really scared. Any advice
would be helpful.

Thanks,
Steph

Old September 22nd 05, 04:40 AM
Emily

Have you taken a home pregnancy test?

Emily
Old September 22nd 05, 05:07 AM
Pricklyrose

Hi Emily,

Thanks for replying. No, I hadn't even considered I would be pregnant
until I started reading about brown spotting. I just don't feel
pregnant. I don't feel bloated, which was a big one with the
miscarriage I had. I felt terribly bloated.

I will go buy one tomorrow though. Could I still be pregnant and have
no signs?

Old September 22nd 05, 05:18 AM
Emily

Pricklyrose wrote:
Hi Emily,

Thanks for replying. No, I hadn't even considered I would be pregnant
until I started reading about brown spotting. I just don't feel
pregnant. I don't feel bloated, which was a big one with the
miscarriage I had. I felt terribly bloated.

I will go buy one tomorrow though. Could I still be pregnant and have
no signs?

Sure, every pregnancy is different.

--
Emily
DS1 5/02
Old September 22nd 05, 07:04 AM
julie MT

Hi, It's a big posiblity! That's kind of the way I found out I was
pregnant. I was two weeks late with little brown spotting and started
having headacks and I told my husband "I think" and then one day I got
sick from eatting a salad, which alway setilles my stomich and that
afternoon "WE" when to walmart! That night I came home "with is my
in-laws house" and took the test. I came out of the bath room holding
it and scraming "honey" there was just a very,very light line. The
WHOLE family hit the roof! So, just make sure that you take the test in
a piravite place, just a word of advice. Oh, and if it is negative and
two weeks later still no monthly friend take another test!!!!!!
Julie MT and mom-to-be

Old September 22nd 05, 08:03 AM
Jamie Clark

Well, you have two pretty obvious signs...you've missed your period and have
tender breasts.

A wipe of spotting 10 days past when your period was due could hardly be
considered a period. Random spotting over the next 3 weeks is still not a
period. So, go take a home pregnancy test and see what it says.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

oups.com...

Old September 23rd 05, 08:47 PM
oregonchick

[...]

After having a miscarriage, it's possible that your body is out of whack and
you may have irregular spotting for awhile. It was not uncommon for me to
have on and off spotting, just like you are talking about. This went on
with me for years.

Old September 23rd 05, 11:46 PM
Pricklyrose

Hi,

I took everyones advice. I bought a pregnancy test last night and took
it immediately. The test was negative. My husband had bought two though
without my knowing. When I woke up this morning he asked me to do it
again. The test was positive. So we bought a third one, and that came
back positive too.

Assuming I am pregnant.... is me spotting like this real bad? I spotted
nonstop for 10 days, bright red before I miscarried earlier this year.
This is brown and only there when I wiped for two days after the bright
red release I had 5 weeks ago, then again earlier this week for one
day. I have a doctor's appointment set up for Oct.7th, but in the
meantime, should I be extremely worried?

Thanks,
Stephanie

Old September 23rd 05, 11:52 PM
Jamie Clark

Congrats on your pregnancy. What brand test did you use the three different
times? There is more pregnancy hormone in your urine in the am, since it's
been held all night and is more concentrated, so it's not surprising that
although you tested at night, that you tested positive in the morning. But,
if you were 7-8 weeks along, I would expect that you would show positive any
time of the day or night by now. I wonder if you are only 4-5 weeks
instead, and really only conceived 2-3 weeks ago? Hmmm. An u/s will help
pinpoint how pregnant you are. Congrats!

I wouldn't be extremely worried, but I assume that some worry is normal,
ESPECIALLY after what you've already experienced. Spotting is relatively
common in early pregnancy, but unfortunately, you can't tell if it means
anything bad unless something bad happens, you know? All you can do it take
it easy and wait for your appointment.

Old September 23rd 05, 11:57 PM
Pricklyrose

Thanks so much Jamie. Just having a friendly voice to reassure me feels
nice. I just used a store brand from Wal-Mart the first two times, this
last one was EPT. We wanted to make sure.

You have helped relieve a lot of anxiety. ~hugs~

Steph