Marianna's vaccination concerns

Old January 21st 04, 07:02 PM
Mark ProbertJanuary 21, 2004

Default Marianna's vaccination concerns

"mdd" wrote in message

"Mark ProbertJanuary 21, 2004" wrote
in message . net...

"mdd" wrote in message

"David Wright" wrote in message
news In article , mdd

wrote:

Then YOU get all the vaccinations that you want. Give them to YOUR
children. Leave me and MY children out of it.

Oh, you're another one of those parasites who wants to get the
benefits of vaccination by having everyone else be vaccinated.
But it's too good for your precious kids.

It's a pity that, if they pick up some disease that could have
been prevented by vaccination, you won't be able to suffer in
their stead.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

No, dumbo, I would prefer that no child was vaccinated. Sorry if you

do
not
agree, but who cares what you agree to anyway?

This is the critter who expects everyone s/h/it disagrees with to post

their
personal information....

THAT'S the best you can come up with? Hehehehehehehe

When the facts speak for themselves, yes, it is the best. remember, I am not
an altie and I do not "impprove" the facts.

Old January 21st 04, 07:04 PM

"mdd" wrote in message

"Mark ProbertJanuary 21, 2004" wrote
in message . net...

"mdd" wrote in message

"Jeff" wrote in message

"El Ramon Re" wrote in message
. net.au...
In the Health section of Reuters, an article dated 20 Jan says

that
more
and
more parents are questioning the wisdom of vaccination, and

refusing
blindly follow medical advice.

(...)

Vaccination is one of the wonders of modern science. Vaccination
eliminated
smallpox from the world. And it has almost eliminated polio from the
world.
It had almost completely eliminated measles from the US. While

eliminating
measles may not seem like a big deal (many of us grownups over 40 or

so
have
had it), measles is a potentially deadly disease that kills about 1

in
2000
people who get it. And vaccination almost totally eliminated rubella

from
the US. What's the big deal? With rubella, you're sick for about 3

days.
But, rubella is a major cause of birth defects and can kill very

young
babies or babies before birth.

Vaccinations are not without risk. But the risks are very small.
Especially
when you compare the vaccinations to the risk of the illnesses they
prevent.

The bottom line is that people are much better off with

vaccinations.
The
risks are blown out-of-proportion by the antivaccination people. And

the
antivaccination people confuse coincidence with cause. Anytime an

adverse
event occurs around the time of vaccination, they automatically

assume
it
was the vaccine, when, in fact, the vaccine had nothing to do with

it.

I am extremely grateful to vaccines. They save thousands of lives.

In
countries where vaccines are not provided or their is an

interruption
in
vaccination, there are deadly outbreaks of disease. I just wish that

the
people would be able to get accurate information about vaccines.

Jeff

Then YOU get all the vaccinations that you want. Give them to YOUR
children. Leave me and MY children out of it.

No free rides.

Wrong, my children are not vaccinated.

(Be cafreful with your responses. When quoted, it looks like I said what you
did. I fixed it, though...)

Since your kids are not vaccinated, you are getting a free ride on herd
immunity.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
These are my opinions only, but they're almost always

correct.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because

giants
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

No, dumbo, I would prefer that no child was vaccinated. Sorry if

you
do
not
agree, but who cares what you agree to anyway?

This is the critter who expects everyone s/h/it disagrees with to

post
their
personal information....

THAT'S the best you can come up with? Hehehehehehehe

When the facts speak for themselves, yes, it is the best. remember, I am

not
an altie and I do not "impprove" the facts.

Sad, hehehehehehe

Yes, you are a sad person.

Old January 21st 04, 10:47 PM
soft-eng

"Jeff" wrote in message ...
"El Ramon Re" wrote in message
. net.au...
In the Health section of Reuters, an article dated 20 Jan says that more

and
more parents are questioning the wisdom of vaccination, and refusing to
blindly follow medical advice.

(...)

Vaccination is one of the wonders of modern science. Vaccination eliminated
smallpox from the world. And it has almost eliminated polio from the world.

It didn't happen because people started defending the status quo
and covering up problems. Otherwise, leeches may have been
the standard treatment today for "bad blood".
Old January 21st 04, 11:34 PM
Mark ProbertJanuary 21, 2004

"soft-eng" wrote in message
om...
"Jeff" wrote in message

"El Ramon Re" wrote in message
. net.au...
In the Health section of Reuters, an article dated 20 Jan says that

more
and
more parents are questioning the wisdom of vaccination, and refusing

blindly follow medical advice.

(...)

Vaccination is one of the wonders of modern science. Vaccination

eliminated
smallpox from the world. And it has almost eliminated polio from the

world.

It didn't happen because people started defending the status quo
and covering up problems. Otherwise, leeches may have been
the standard treatment today for "bad blood".

What makes you think that leeches are Alt? They are mainstream med.

Old January 22nd 04, 02:30 AM
Jeff

"mdd" wrote in message

(...)

Then YOU get all the vaccinations that you want. Give them to YOUR
children. Leave me and MY children out of it.

I did. I wish it were that simple. We don't live in isolation. If your
children get vaccine-preventable diseases, they can pass them on to others.
Then those vaccine preventable diseases can kill your children's friends and
other contacts.

But don't worry. There is no law that says that your kids have to get
vaccinated.

Of course, you have more to worry about, like they will die from menigitis,
chicken pox, measles or other vaccine-preventable causes.

Jeff

Old January 22nd 04, 02:33 AM
Jeff

"Anth" wrote in message
"Jeff" wrote in message

"El Ramon Re" wrote in message
. net.au...
In the Health section of Reuters, an article dated 20 Jan says that

more
and
more parents are questioning the wisdom of vaccination, and refusing

blindly follow medical advice.

(...)

Vaccination is one of the wonders of modern science. Vaccination

eliminated
smallpox from the world. And it has almost eliminated polio from the

world.

(That statement is based on an assumption)

Yeah, the assumption that the scientific evidence on which it is based is
correct.

[...]

The bottom line is that the long term effects of vaccinations are unknown.

Correct. There are some rare cases where vaccines cause bad reactions. But
these are rare. Much rarer than the bad long-term effects of the diseases
the vaccines prevent, like death and hearing loss.

The risks of vaccines are clearly a lot less than the benefits.

Jeff