Acupuncture is great

Old February 4th 06, 12:27 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Default Acupuncture is great

'Kate wrote:
So.. after watching trash tv "Meet the Barkers" (I really think they're
a neat couple)

I've caught a couple shows myself, I agree neat couple.

and seeing the drummer husband go for acupuncture for his
shoulder, I thought, "hey.. he seems better!" and called the University
clinic for an appointment. I hurt my back about a year and a half ago
and ... long story, this morning I woke up and stood upright for the
first time in 1.5 years. I can bend over *and* straighten up again. I
can drive without pain. I can lift my leg thigh up while I'm sitting. I
can roll on the toe of my left foot again!

Congrats on finding relief ............

Acupuncture is something I have never tried. I have degenerative disc
disease chronic pain every day. Been on muscle relaxers, NSAIDS , and
the Vicoden . All those anti inflamatorys were pulled off the market
because of the stroke and heart attack effects, so now I just pump
large doses of liquid gel Advils. Lately the arthur in my knees has
kicked in with the winter. Then there is this extreme pain along my
acilles sp ? tendon and a lump on the back of my heal. The heal spurs
have relented for a while. I would do just about anything to be pain
free. I am so cranky day in day out because of it.

The bottom line is if you are
living with chronic pain, try it. I'm going back in a couple of weeks to
fix the other side.. some residual numbness in the arch of my foot.
Thank you "Meet the Barkers".

I'm gonna look into the Acupuncture as soon as I get me some medical
insurance, cant hurt to give it a try !
Thanks !
Hey how's school goin? I am third week into Algebra and holding a B !
Three more weeks to go and I start intro to business.I get to take a
psychology class for this degree, are ya willing to tutor :-) should I
get stuck?
Bev
'Kate

Old February 5th 06, 02:17 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

'Kate wrote:
On 3 Feb 2006 16:27:22 -0800, "Bev" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

'Kate wrote:

Snip

I sure understand. I'm absolutely amazed at how I feel after just one
session as an amateur pin cushion!

Isn't that ironic......gettin' stuck with pins to relieve pain :-)

I get ot go again on the 15th. It's extremely reasonable through the
university. $15 a visit! I spent more than that on Advil, etc. for a
month. I keep waiting for the pain to come back on the side she did... I
still think this is too good to be true. I'll keep you updated. It may
be just the thing for you to try.

Yea, I hear ya on the cost of the advil and other stuff. Please do keep
me informed on how this is going for you. So far I agree, sounds too
good to be true!

I'm gonna look into the Acupuncture as soon as I get me some medical
insurance, cant hurt to give it a try !
Thanks !

Look up someone in the phone book and ask what they charge. Tell them
you're a student/grandma on a tight budget and see if they'll work with
you. It's worth even one visit... but then again... maybe ya wanna wait
a bit till we see if this lasts?

good advice, I'm thinking it is worth it even for short term relief,
taking into consideration the cost and side effects of pain medication
and other scripts.

Hey how's school goin? I am third week into Algebra and holding a B !

Wow... you're doing great. I'm a B student in *any* math. It just
doesn't click. I use to sit for HOURS doing that. Mike finished his
college algebra and is on to trig this year. Next.. I think he has to
take finite and calculus. He does math.

One smart boy you have there ! I have been enlisting the help of my
daughters friends to tutor me ! This has been quite difficult for me. I
know online schooling is quite different than on site classroom
learning. Much of all this is reading and studying a text on your own.
basically self teaching! The Professor is available to ask questions in
the threads but you have to wait for a reply, and that is quite
annoying!

School's weird this year. I only have three classes. One is online. It's
been a lot of reading so far. My drug class (substance abuse) is very
easy. I did a presentation Thursday on Disulfiram (Antabuse). He teaches
straight out of the book so as long as I read, it's easy.

My sex & couples class is the weird one. All that sex and intimacy put
in clinical terms. I may take a field trip to a Fetish Ball, though.
little do they know....

LMAO!!!!!! So are ya wearing leather or vinyl to the Ball? ;-)

Three more weeks to go and I start intro to business.I get to take a
psychology class for this degree, are ya willing to tutor :-) should I
get stuck?

LOL You won't get stuck. Typically, psych teachers are easy graders. If
you can prove you think and you can memorize stuff, you'll do fine. If
you need info on a particular theory, I know that stuff like the back of
my hand. Just let me know.

Thank you 'Kate!

You're doing such a good thing for your family. Do you know that? Your
girls will be proud of you when you walk down that asile. And you're
showing them that no matter what happens in life, you can still learn
and try new things.

smile I guess if your gonna put it that way, yea it is a good
thing for my family. The truth of my venture into all this began with
being unemployed for the majority of a year, the couple jobs I did have
, I suffered terribly with all this pain. Having been a cook for over
18 years, which is a physical job, on your feet most of the time
lifting heavy stuff, I realized I can't continue.I Did some soul
searching and came up with this idea! I see how what I am doing will
indeed show my girls no matter what happens in life, giving up is not
an option! I see results with Sara, she went back to school full time
to get her H.S. diploma and she is so excited that she can walk with
the class in June! I am so proud of how much she is changing for a
better future for herself and daughter these days! My eldest Jess has
been doing rather well too. She is on meds, her anxiety issues are at
bay and will be returning to her classes soon as well. They have both
told me how proud of me they are.
Bev
'Kate

Old February 6th 06, 12:14 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

'Kate wrote:
On 5 Feb 2006 06:17:54 -0800, "Bev" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

So, this morning I was back on the naproxen. I live in fear of
acupuncture only helping short-term because I had such great relief from
pain for those four days. Yesterday, I had tons of energy. I felt like I
did 10 years ago and didn't stop the whole day. I could have overdone
it. Even though I'm sore today, I still feel like I have energy. I've
been sleeping better... maybe that's the difference. shrug

I wonder if the Acupuncture helps based on the same idea as the
physical therapy part they had me doing.You have to keep doing it for
it to work? When you work go to school and have a family to take care
of where is the TIME to do physical therapy? Outrageous costs by the
way to do stuff you could do as you make your way through the day . It
was basically stretches to keep limber. Once I learned them , I stopped
going there to do them.

good advice, I'm thinking it is worth it even for short term relief,
taking into consideration the cost and side effects of pain medication
and other scripts.

Speaking of vicoden... for me, it never worked on the pain itself. It
just made me unable to focus on it.

Yea that far away stoned off yer ass feeling, uh huh, yep, me too. I
truly get the most relief from the muscle relaxant and anti
inflamatory. Apparently the pain is the swelling and the muscle spasms
trying to adjust to the misalignment or injury.

Even if the results of the acupuncture only lasted four days, it was
worth it. I haven't felt that good in years and perhaps several
treatments are required to give longer pain relief. I'd rather be
dependent on acupuncture once a month than a pain reliever.

Isn't that the truth. I'd go once a week if that was what it took. All
this medication has to be causing more bad than good in the long run.

know online schooling is quite different than on site classroom
learning. Much of all this is reading and studying a text on your own.
basically self teaching! The Professor is available to ask questions in
the threads but you have to wait for a reply, and that is quite
annoying!

It is annoying to wait. On the other hand, going to and from campus
takes time away from more practical things that need to be done.

Well hell yea, I'd be getting nothing done at all at home and there
would be 2 grandkids in day care if I had to go on campus . Cost of gas
alone makes me cringe. There are benefits to online classes that
outweigh the aggravations.

My sex & couples class is the weird one. All that sex and intimacy put
in clinical terms. I may take a field trip to a Fetish Ball, though.
little do they know....

LMAO!!!!!! So are ya wearing leather or vinyl to the Ball? ;-)

I was a bigger girl when my leather corset was made. No sense to
cinching if the eyelets meet.

Well .......then a new outfit for the ball ! Congrats on the loss of
the extra you

snip
smile I guess if your gonna put it that way, yea it is a good
thing for my family. The truth of my venture into all this began with
being unemployed for the majority of a year, the couple jobs I did have
, I suffered terribly with all this pain. Having been a cook for over
18 years, which is a physical job, on your feet most of the time
lifting heavy stuff, I realized I can't continue.I Did some soul
searching and came up with this idea! I see how what I am doing will
indeed show my girls no matter what happens in life, giving up is not
an option!

Bravo!

I see results with Sara, she went back to school full time
to get her H.S. diploma and she is so excited that she can walk with
the class in June!

Kudos to her!

I am so proud of how much she is changing for a
better future for herself and daughter these days!

It's too easy to think, "I guess that's it...life's over. There go my
dreams". She can still realize her dreams... she just can't give up.
Looks like she has concrete proof now that anything's possible.

My eldest Jess has
been doing rather well too. She is on meds, her anxiety issues are at
bay and will be returning to her classes soon as well.

Good on Jess for taking care of herself and her needs.

They have both told me how proud of me they are.

They should be. It's not what life throws atya, it's how you handle it.
You never gave in... you may have lost yourself at some points but
you've always gotten back up to fight.

Thanks 'Kate.....no doubt I've been lost in the woods at times! The
come back does feel good.......Bev
'Kate