LJ wants to ban default breastfeeding pics

Old May 23rd 06, 02:06 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default LJ wants to ban default breastfeeding pics

"Xavier" wrote in message
Thanks for posting this update for me Melissa. Somehow I've ended up
spearheading this entire thing and I'm weary.

I would imagine you would be, but your work is much appreciated. Sorry my
post was so riddled with typos (like I said NAK isn't as easy as it used to
be Connor now wants to be involved with the keyboard). Anyway thanks again!

Melissa Walton
Mom to Connor born 05/24/05

Old May 23rd 06, 02:31 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Melissa" wrote in message

"Xavier" wrote in message
Thanks for posting this update for me Melissa. Somehow I've ended up
spearheading this entire thing and I'm weary.

I would imagine you would be, but your work is much appreciated. Sorry my
post was so riddled with typos (like I said NAK isn't as easy as it used
to be Connor now wants to be involved with the keyboard). Anyway thanks
again!

Melissa Walton
Mom to Connor born 05/24/05

Girl I can't imagine to tell you how tiring, and *rewarding* this is all at
the same time. It's crazy and sad and wonderful and all those things that I
love about breastfeeding advocacy.

Carrie

Old May 23rd 06, 03:58 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Xavier wrote:

Thanks for posting this update for me Melissa. Somehow I've ended up
spearheading this entire thing and I'm weary.

Thank you all for your support and for sending letters. I'm still working
directly with SixApart to get the issue resolved before it becomes a huge
media event. Although I do have everything ready in case we need to go that
route too (*wink*)

I'll try to keep you all updated here as well. I'm also updating my
personal journal as I go along http://xavi7734.livejournal.com

Thank you!

--
C, mama to three year old nursling

Old May 23rd 06, 11:01 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Xavier wrote:
Although I do have everything ready in case we need to go that
route too (*wink*)

As of today they are still threatening people with suspension, one of my
friends was sent an email from LJ Abuse saying someone had complained
about her default breastfeeding icon showing her areola and her account
would be suspended unless she chose another default icon by 12:01am
Friday . She's waiting to hear what the official SixApart word is before
she does anything though.

Andrea
http://taniwha-grrrl.livejournal.com/profile
Old May 24th 06, 12:33 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Mum of Two wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

LiveJournal has requested that a user change her default icon to one
not depicting her breastfeeding baby, because it is "inappropriate".
There's a lot of ongoing discussion on

http://community.livejournal.com/boo...s/1737571.html

Promom has a three-minute activist letter, to be sent to the company
which owns LJ:

http://www.promom.org/3min/3min_livejournal_may06.html

Thanks for letting us know. This has certainly lowered my opinion of Live
Journal staff. I submitted the letter and added the following:

"If this situation wasn't so sad, I would find the absurdity of it
hilarious. Who, exactly, are these images inappropriate for viewing by?
Children? My 22 month old views my breasts twice a day. Thankfully, she
doesn't share your bizarre hang ups. It may have escaped you, but breasts
exist primarily for feeding human young, and secondarily as a sensual body
part. In much the same way, feet are designed for walking - but that doesn't
stop the foot-fetishists. Are you going to ban photos of feet too?"

Good point. I have a BIG thing for bald heads. hmmm perhaps they should
be considered as well.

Jo
Old May 24th 06, 03:20 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

wrote:

Oscarmama. :-)

I thought it was you lol

Andrea
Old May 24th 06, 08:09 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Who are you on there? I can never figure out who from USENET is who from
eljay.

Oscarmama. :-)

I've been trying to work out who that was :-). I knew it was someone from
MKB but the name was escaping me.

Jean

--
LeinsterFreecycle Co-moderator

DD June '02
DS May '05

Old May 26th 06, 08:47 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

What about ears? After 7+ years of breastfeeding, my ears are a hell of
a lot more like erogenous sex objects than my poor baby-chewed boobies.

Will ears be next?

Jenrose