OT bra fitting

Old August 2nd 06, 12:28 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Anna.Nicole.m

Default OT bra fitting

Hey thanks I'll have to check them out. washing one bra daily gets
tedious after awhile(I'm the worlds cheapest person) the way I see it,
they are going to get much larger when my milk comes in so I'll have to
buy more bras then so I can make due with one bra for a few months.

BTW completely OT, but is it true that you HAVE to wear only nursing
bras, or can you wear any kind of bra when you begin breast feeding?

Jamie Clark wrote:
Anna.Nicole.m wrote:
Prior to pregnancy I wore a 34F now I'm wearing a 34GG or H or
whatever, but I can only find them custom made The 34G was the
largest I could find.

According to the "standard" measuring websites, you would be a 40H.
Bare Necessities (first hit on Google for "40H bra") has some nice
looking bras in that size. I can't imagine that they'd cost less to
have custom made, but maybe I'm wrong.
http://www.barenecessities.com/Bras-...,size,1029.htm

If I measure the way you all measure, I am 28.5 inches under my bust.
As I said either way works. That was just the way I had learned. I
guess some dress makers teach differently. That's the way I was also
measured for my bras. but it's to-may-to to-mah-to

have a good one and good luck

Gotcha. So in other words, you are slim with *big* ta-tas! Well, at least
you've found ONE website that carries your size. Bare Necessity basically
has the same style bras in 34H. As I said, might be cheaper than custom
made...although you can guarantee that they fit when they are custom made!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Old August 2nd 06, 12:36 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

According to this method, I'm a 34A.

According to the UK method I'm a 34AA.

According to Rigby and Peller I'm a 32C. Well, actually, I'm "between 30
and 32" but still a C. And I have to say, it's the 32C bras that I've
bought since I went to R&P that fit, and are the most comfortable bras
I've ever worn. Heck, I suddenly have a cleavage, and forget that I'm
actually wearing a bra even though it's got underwires! This is after 20
years of wearing 32A...

I think this probably shows why it's a good idea to get fitted! Actually I
used to wear a 32C, I went to get fitted, I measured 34A, but it was evident
as soon as trying one on that I really was 32C, so I'd been doing it right,
but 2 children and breastfeeding has left me with not a clue what I am, I've
got away with things this year by wearing a nursing bra that is 34 but
doesn't have a given cup size, but they're getting a little loose now
feeding has reduced (and presumably elastic loosening).

Anne

Old August 2nd 06, 12:39 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

"Anna.Nicole.m" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey thanks I'll have to check them out. washing one bra daily gets
tedious after awhile(I'm the worlds cheapest person) the way I see it,
they are going to get much larger when my milk comes in so I'll have to
buy more bras then so I can make due with one bra for a few months.

BTW completely OT, but is it true that you HAVE to wear only nursing
bras, or can you wear any kind of bra when you begin breast feeding?

most people would caution against an underwired bra, can cause plugged
ducts, particularly if it doesn't fit well (having said that I have a friend
who has worn underwired but very low cut bras all the way through
breastfeeding and you wouldn't know she wasn't using a nursing bra). Using a
soft bra that isn't a nursing bra could be fairly tricky as the cups come
quite high, as I suspect would the kind of underwired bra someone your size
might use, my friend who did was a fairly normal size, so able to wear "half
cup" bras.

Anne

Old August 2nd 06, 12:54 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Linz

Anne Rogers wrote:
[...]

In that case, if you can get to a Rigby and Peller I'd highly recommend it.
The bras are expensive but you don't have to buy. And they do everything by
eye and are lovely people. I might be biased because they were so
complimentary about YoungBloke (although not about my bra!).

Old August 2nd 06, 01:11 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

In that case, if you can get to a Rigby and Peller I'd highly recommend
it. The bras are expensive but you don't have to buy. And they do
everything by eye and are lovely people. I might be biased because they
were so complimentary about YoungBloke (although not about my bra!).

I think I'm going to try Nordstroms next week as this seems to have a huge
number of recommendations, but if I don't feel happy about that then I will
give Rigby and Peller a try, I just checked where there stores are and they
seem to just have 3 in London, one of which is Brent Cross shopping centre,
which is very gettable to, it just so happens to be off the road into London
that we would use to get to central London anyway, in fact we drove right
past yesterday. It only takes about an hour and a quarter to get there, as
we happen to live on the right side of Cambridge to get to London easily. It
could easily take me 45mins to get to Debenhams in the town centre! We've
had to drive in to central London a few times recently, even travelling in
rush hour, the traffic has never yet been as bad as Cambridge, where it can
take an hour to travel 5 miles, no wonder there is a congestion charge
planned!

Anne

Old August 2nd 06, 02:01 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Ericka Kammerer

Anna.Nicole.m wrote:

BTW completely OT, but is it true that you HAVE to wear only nursing
bras, or can you wear any kind of bra when you begin breast feeding?

At least in the beginning, you will need a bra that
is supportive and accommodates fluctuations in size. For
some women, underwires can lead to problems, so you might
want to avoid those. You don't necessarily *have* to wear
a nursing bra, but especially if you are out of the house,
it's typically a royal pain and much less discreet to
have to fiddle around to gain access with a regular bra.
And, once you've gained access with a regular bra, you
might not have decent support on the other side (where
you might well need a nursing pad to deal with leaking).
After the first few months, things tend to settle down
a bit and it's less of an issue, but some good nursing
bras usually are a help in the beginning.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old August 2nd 06, 06:21 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Anna.Nicole.m wrote:
Hey thanks I'll have to check them out. washing one bra daily gets
tedious after awhile(I'm the worlds cheapest person) the way I see
it, they are going to get much larger when my milk comes in so I'll
have to buy more bras then so I can make due with one bra for a few
months.

BTW completely OT, but is it true that you HAVE to wear only nursing
bras, or can you wear any kind of bra when you begin breast feeding?

The benefits of a nursing bra is that it unhooks easily. If you have to
take off your bra completely every time you want to nurse, that takes time
and gets old. If you try to pop one boob out of the top of your bra to
nurse, you end up stretching out your straps beyond repair. In the long
run, nursing bras are easier (and cheaper, if you are having all your bras
custom made!). That's why someone invented them!

Old August 2nd 06, 06:31 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Anne Rogers wrote:
In that case, if you can get to a Rigby and Peller I'd highly
recommend it. The bras are expensive but you don't have to buy. And
they do everything by eye and are lovely people. I might be biased
because they were so complimentary about YoungBloke (although not
about my bra!).

I think I'm going to try Nordstroms next week as this seems to have a
huge number of recommendations,

When I went and got fitted at Nordstoms last year, it took trying on a few
different styles to find the one that fit right. She told me what size she
thought I should be, then we tried on variations of that size. I had been
wearing a 38C, and it turns out I should have been wearing a 34D. We tried
on 36D and 36C, but it was clear that the 34D was the right fit in most
styles. Then we had to find a style that worked for my figure, shape and
comfort level. Personally, I prefer soft unpadded cups. I realized that
the hard padded cup style cuts into my arm/shoulder area in the front. Of
course the sales woman was a sales woman, and kept bringing me the most
expensive styles of bras -- $60 and up. I tried them on, just to see if
maybe I was wrong about the padded styles, or maybe that a really expensive
bra would be amazingly comfortable (but it wasn't), and finally found the
softer style that I like. She was happy to bring me whatever I needed, and
in the end, I bought 5 bras, although they were only $34 each, instead of
$60.

As other's have said, keep in mind that if you find your new size, and a
style/make of bra that you like, you can always get one (or write it down),
and go look online or in other stores for a less expensive price for it.
Nordstrom does carry some higher end items, which you often can't find in
other stores, but they also carry some middle of the road stuff as well, and
since their return policy is so outstanding, it makes their price worth it
to me.

Just be aware that the whole bra fitting experience may take an hour or
longer, by the time you figure out what size and style you like.

Good luck!

Old August 4th 06, 09:03 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Denise~*

betsy wrote:
Sue wrote:

If you do a google search on bra fittings and Seattle, I found quite a few
places. However, I have no idea if they are close to where you will be. Ann
Marie Lingerie, Decent Exposures, and Nordstroms are a few that were listed.
Good luck. Victoria Secrets have bra fittings.

If you want a traditional bra, skip Decent Exposures and choose
Nordstroms. Nordstroms has had excellent bra fitters for many years.
They also can do bra alterations for hard to fit sizes.

--Betsy

I agree

I lived in WA state my entire life (just south of Seattle) and I have
never even heard of Ann Marie Lingerie, Decent Exposures or much less
Debenhams.

Go to Nordies (Nordstroms) they have good pricing, all the major brands
and good fitters.
Old August 4th 06, 09:28 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Jennifer Massey-Howe

here we have a playtex store, I go to get fitted there but they don't carry
the size I wear and just browse around to see what else is there afterwards
to see if there is anything. I'm up to a 40DDD or 40E only place I can find
a good reasonably priced bra is at walmart believe it or not. I have looked
in high end stores and well they all have wire in them which seems to really
bother me causing me a rash underneath.

Jennifer
Ariana 8/17/03
Alex 6/04/05

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
I'll be in Seattle next week and I'm considering getting fitted and
purchasing new bras, my current bras seem to fit ok, but are seriously
worn out. If I want to do this job in the US it has to be next week, I
don't think it will wait 'til October.

So, which stores have good fitters and a good range to choose from? I
haven't yet figured out whether I want nursing bras or not, I'm feeding
Ada 2-3 times a day, but almost never anywhere but home, so a little extra
faff is not a problem and I kind of fancy some nice underwired bras.

UK people, where do you go? I've found M&S not that great fitting was
fine, but then actually finding bras that I liked wasn't!

Anne

OT bra fitting Anne Rogers Pregnancy 30 August 4th 06 11:01 PM
Period pain 2 weeks after IUD fitting JBC General 15 November 11th 04 04:11 PM
Period pain 2 weeks after IUD fitting JBC Pregnancy 15 November 11th 04 04:11 PM
Yet another question - maternity bras and fitting. Cathy Pregnancy 10 September 16th 04 02:22 AM
Fitting in to new town TWilson General (moderated) 10 July 17th 03 12:18 AM