Callous Disregard: Autism and Vaccines: The Truth Behind a Tragedy

Old April 30th 10, 08:38 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.health,sci.med
john[_5_]

Default Callous Disregard: Autism and Vaccines: The Truth Behind a Tragedy

Preorder - out in MAY
IN US
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...4/wellwithinA/
Callous Disregard: Autism and Vaccines: The Truth Behind a Tragedy
Andrew J. Wakefield (Author)

IN UK - don't see it on Amazon.co.uk yet

Conspiracy - or ruthless pragmatism? How the vaccine apparatchiks and
medical self-interest groups deal with dissent.

The subject is autism; the suspect is childhood vaccines. This is the
account of how a doctor confronted first a disease, and then the medical
system that sought and still seeks to deny that disease, leaving millions of
children to suffer and a world at risk.

"Do not judge me too harshly Dr. Wakefield, but when I die I am taking my
son with me. You see, I'm all he has. I'm the only one who loves him."

- A mother's plea in 1997

In 1995 Wakefield came to a fork in the road. As an academic
gastroenterologist at the Royal Free School of Medicine and the University
of London, Wakefield was presented with a professional challenge and
confronted by a moral choice. Previously normal children were, according to
their parents, regressing into autism and developing intestinal problems -
many parents blamed the MMR vaccine. Trusting in his medical training,
parental narrative, and above all, the instinct of mothers for their
children's wellbeing, he chose the hard road.

Walk that road now, here; some already have - the parents of affected
children. Many will, either as parents or grandparents, as the worldwide
tsunami of childhood developmental disorders break hearts and bankrupts
educational and healthcare infrastructures.

Wakefield provides the facts, an explanation of the problem that confronted
him and his colleagues 15 years ago. He does this in a detailed forensic
analysis of the lies, obfuscation, cover ups, and the dystopian science and
medicine that panders to commercial interest at the expense of your
children.

About Dr. Wakefield

Dr Andrew Wakefield, MB, BS, FRCS, FRCPath, is an academic
gastroenterologist. He received his medical degree from St. Mary's Hospital
Medical School (part of the University of London) in 1981, one of the third
generation of his family to have studied medicine at that teaching hospital.

He pursued a career in gastrointestinal surgery with a particular interest
in inflammatory bowel disease. He qualified as Fellow of the Royal College
of Surgeons in 1985 and in 1996 was awarded a Wellcome Trust Traveling
Fellowship to study small-intestinal transplantation in Toronto, Canada. He
was made a Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists in 2001. He has
published over 130 original scientific articles, book chapters, and invited
scientific commentaries.

In the pursuit of possible links between childhood vaccines, intestinal
inflammation, and neurologic injury in children, Dr. Wakefield lost his job
in the Department of Medicine at London's Royal Free Hospital, his country,
his career, and his medical license.

He is married to Carmel, a physician and a classical radio presenter. They
have four children, James, Sam, Imogen, and Corin, and a black mongrel
called Bella.

Old April 30th 10, 12:41 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.health,sci.med
Peter Parry

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 08:38:26 +0100, "john" wrote:

The subject is autism; the suspect is childhood vaccines. This is the
account of how a doctor confronted first a disease, and then the medical
system that sought and still seeks to deny that disease, leaving millions of
children to suffer and a world at risk.

Shouldn't that be "the account of how a doctor working for a solicitor
trying to cobble together a court case and misrepresenting data to
support his paymasters got found out"?

"Do not judge me too harshly Dr. Wakefield, but when I die I am taking my
son with me. You see, I'm all he has. I'm the only one who loves him."
- A mother's plea in 1997

Actually an unverified claim of a conversation supposedly between
this unidentified woman and Wakefield.

In 1995 Wakefield came to a fork in the road. As an academic
gastroenterologist at the Royal Free School of Medicine and the University
of London, Wakefield was presented with a professional challenge and
confronted by a moral choice.

Follow the science or go for the money? We now know which he chose.

Wakefield provides the facts,

Will he provide the facts about Unigenetics and how their discredited
results completely failed to support his hypothesis?

Will he explain the facts about why he did not make this information
public?

He does this in a detailed forensic analysis of the lies, obfuscation, cover ups,

I doubt it, he has far to much to lose by suddenly discovering honesty
now.

Dr Andrew Wakefield, MB, BS, FRCS, FRCPath, is an academic
gastroenterologist.

He was.

Old April 30th 10, 09:35 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.health,sci.med
Peter B.[_2_]

"john" wrote in message
Preorder - out in MAY
IN US
http://www.amazon.com/
Callous Disregard: Autism and Vaccines: The Truth Behind a Tragedy
Andrew J. Wakefield (Author)

The subject is autism;

the suspect is childhood vaccines.

Based on what? if that were the culprit then everyone would know and "fix
it". Callous disregard for truth on yours and his words.

This is the account of how a doctor confronted first a disease, and then
the medical system that sought and still seeks to deny that disease,
leaving millions of children to suffer and a world at risk.

How did he know it was not genetics?

Now you are saying that no one knows about autism except a discredited
Doctor.

Just how is a world "at risk"?

Old May 1st 10, 04:51 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.health,sci.med
Mike[_8_]

Peter B. wrote:

How did he know it was not genetics?

Because it isn't. Part of it is genetics, and part of it is something
else. There are instances of identical twins with only one twin having
the disease. Such instances are not observed with truly genetic
diseases, like Down syndrome.
Old May 1st 10, 05:56 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.health,sci.med
Peter B.[_2_]

"Mike" wrote in message
Peter B. wrote:

How did he know it was not genetics?

Because it isn't. Part of it is genetics, and part of it is something
else. There are instances of identical twins with only one twin having
the disease. Such instances are not observed with truly genetic
diseases, like Down syndrome.

Are you confused? 1st you say it isn't genetics, then you say ir is part
genetics, then something else. Ok, then why isn't it do to the type of corn
the people eat or feed their kids, or maybe the milk or formula they give
them to drink?

Identical twins are not all that identical, there are a ton of differences,
both may have the some of the same genes but the mixtures are what shapes
them.

Heck it could boil down to the water and the amount of water they drink
since the "unknown" is unknown it makes no sense to stake ones life on what
the unknown "is".

Old May 1st 10, 11:55 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.health,sci.med
dr_jeff

Mike wrote:
Peter B. wrote:

How did he know it was not genetics?

Because it isn't. Part of it is genetics, and part of it is something
else. There are instances of identical twins with only one twin having
the disease. Such instances are not observed with truly genetic
diseases, like Down syndrome.

That's incorrect. There are a lot of genetic diseases where all people
who have a gene (technically an allele which is term for variant of a
gene) for a disease who don't get the disease. For example, there are
people who have the alleles for cystic fibrosis who have perfectly
functioning lungs. Another example is Marfan's syndrome. People can have
the allele for these diseases and not have the disease.

So when a disease is genetic, that means that the disease is affected by
particular alleles, and which alleles a person has influences the
likelihood that a person will get a particular disease.

In addition, in the case of Down syndrome, the accomplishments of people
with Down syndrome range from unable to complete first grade to college
graduates. People with Down syndrome have a variety of physical
problems, like heart disease and decreased muscle tone, but not all
people with Down syndrome get these problems.

Another example of a genetic disease is type II diabetes. If someone has
the alleles associated with type II diabetes, that person may or may not
get diabetes. Whether or not the person gets diabetes depends on many
factors, including the other genes the person has, the person's sex,
number of kids (in the case of females, both biological and adopted),
weight, exercise, diet, lifestyle and other diseases the person has.

Other diseases that are genetic, but not everyone who has the particular
genes get the disease include cystic fibrosis, depression,
schizophrenia, autism and autism spectrum diseases, type I diabetes and
other autoimmune diseases, asthma, ADHD, type II diabetes, alcoholism
and drug dependence, heart disease and most cancers.

James D. Watson, who came to visit the lab in which I was working in
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, knows a bit about the subject. He wrote a
book called, _DNA:_The_Secret_of_Life. I thoroughly enjoyed the book.
You might find the book helpful to understanding genetics. There are
also many other excellent books out there about genetics for the general
public. (Maurice Wilkins and Rosalind Franklin did the ground-breaking
work that led Watson and Francis Crick to discover the structure of DNA;
Watson, Crick and Wilkins received the Noble prize for this work.)

Jeff
Old May 2nd 10, 01:21 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.health,sci.med
Jason[_2_]

In article , wrote:

Mike wrote:
Peter B. wrote:

[...]

Jeff,
Since you understand genetics so well, I'm shocked that you don't truly
understand the harm that can be done when companies make seeds that have
been genetically changed to the point that they are very different than
the original (normal) seeds that have been used for thousands of years.
When people eat the vegetables that grow from those seeds, you should now
know since you have read James D. Watson's book, the dangers of eating
those types of genetically modified vegetables.
jason

Old May 2nd 10, 07:02 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.health,sci.med
dr_jeff

Jason wrote:
In article , wrote:

Mike wrote:
Peter B. wrote:

[...]

Can you please give me some examples of when companies make seeds that
have been genetically changed to the point that they are very different
than the original (normal) seeds that have been used for thousands of years?

Those "original (normal) seeds" are not so original. The seeds have been
evolved through artificial selection and cross-breeding for thousands of
years. For example, look at how corn evolved from teosinte from human
intervention. The big difference between genetically modifying plants
artificially and using cross-breeding and artificial selection (as the
Native Americans did) is that we know exactly what is added with
genetically modified plants; we don't know what changes with
cross-breeding and artificial selection.

http://www.nativetech.org/cornhusk/cornhusk.html

When people eat the vegetables that grow from those seeds, you should now
know since you have read James D. Watson's book, the dangers of eating
those types of genetically modified vegetables.
jason

I have yet to see any proven dangers. Please explain what these are.

Jeff

Key realities about autism, vaccines, vaccine-injury compensation, Thimerosal, and autism-related research JOHN Kids Health 0 April 15th 08 08:26 PM
Vaccines *Truth* Jan Drew Kids Health 34 May 30th 06 02:24 PM
Vaccines *Truth* Jan Drew Kids Health 0 May 27th 06 02:53 AM
Far more questions than answers in Autism Tragedy Ilena Rose Kids Health 0 April 3rd 06 10:37 PM
Vaccines and Autism: Looking for the Truth? Study the Amish Ilena Rose Kids Health 58 August 13th 05 06:33 AM