Ritalin and Liver cancer

Old May 19th 05, 02:37 PM
Beth Kevles

Hi, again --

I'm curious.... do the studies show no causality in *any* individuals,
or no causality in a statistical population?

--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.

How do you know that it isn't at least a small part of the problem?

It has been tested for using double blind, crossover model testing. No
study
using that model has shown causality. To the contrary, they have shown
the
opposite: no causality.

Cane sugar is not used that much in processed foods today. High
Fructose Corn Syrup is the dominant sweetner. Many doctors may say
that
you have an intolerance to corn instead of a corn allergy. Either way
corn may be making you sick, and you may not realize it because corn
syrup, corn starch, etc. are in so many foods.

Old May 19th 05, 02:43 PM
Mark Probert

The studies provided the kids with either a sugar or with placebo. Their
behavior was observed, Then, they were switched. Again their behavior was
observed.

There was no consistent changes in the behaviors of any of the kids.

"Beth Kevles" wrote in message

Hi, again --

I'm curious.... do the studies show no causality in *any* individuals,
or no causality in a statistical population?

--Beth Kevles

http://web.mit.edu/kevles/www/nomilk.html -- a page for the

milk-allergic

Old May 19th 05, 02:45 PM
Mark Probert

BTW, note that I am specifically referring to the hyperactivity associated
with AD/HD, and not just some kid being hyped up on sugar.

Old May 19th 05, 04:02 PM
Brad_Chad

You still have not shown that OTHER foods (besides sugar) cannot at
least partially trigger ADD. There have been many studies on Hidden
Food Allergies that have been flawed, and many doctors keep that a
secret.

Brad_Chad

Old May 19th 05, 04:11 PM
Jeff

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
oups.com...
You still have not shown that OTHER foods (besides sugar) cannot at
least partially trigger ADD. There have been many studies on Hidden
Food Allergies that have been flawed, and many doctors keep that a
secret.

There is no study that is perfect. Every study is flawed in some way or
another.

Some studies are flawed more than others, though.

Can you please provide peer-revewed evidence that there are hidden food
allergies that trigger ADD?

Jeff

Brad_Chad

Old May 19th 05, 10:34 PM
Mark Probert

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
oups.com...

You still have not shown that OTHER foods (besides sugar) cannot at
least partially trigger ADD.

Diet has been investigated for over 30 years and there has been no clear-cut
link to AD/HD and diet. Example: The so-called Feingold Diet was totally
discredited in the early 1980's. Other diets have met a similar fate.

You are way too uninformed re AD/HD to make a claim that I have not shown a
connection. Further, if you want to claim that there is a connection, then
the burden of proof is on you. With all the evidence saying no dietary
connection, the ball is in your court.

There have been many studies on Hidden
Food Allergies that have been flawed, and many doctors keep that a
secret.

Sure. The big S E C R E T. Why do I not accept that bogus argument? Because
it is often bull****.

Brad_Chad

Old May 20th 05, 05:49 AM
Brad_Chad

Can you provide peer-reviewed evidence that smoking causes lung cancer?
Nobody wants to provide evidence concerning Hidden Food Allergies
because the economic consequences are enormous. I don't need much
EVIDENCE about the dangers of smoking other than all the people that I
see dying.

Brad_Chad

Old May 20th 05, 05:57 AM
Brad_Chad

In the book "Food Allergies and Food Intolerance" by Dr. Jonathan
Brostoff, the doctor gives the names of research studies and the
doctors who performed the studies. He explains why they are flawed. He
explains BOTH the arguments for Hidden Food Allergies AND the arguments
against. He gives LONG explanations of BOTH sides.

Brad_Chad