Ritalin and Liver cancer

Old May 10th 05, 12:04 AM
LadyLollipop

"Mark Probert" Mark wrote in message

"LadyLollipop" wrote in message
news:jwNfe.66646$r53.46399@attbi_s21...

"Mark Probert" Mark
wrote in message

"LadyLollipop" wrote in message
news:tryfe.67349$c24.33375@attbi_s72...

"Jeff" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
oups.com...
Have you read, "Tracking Down Hidden Food Allergies" by Dr. William
Crook ? Have you read, "Dr. Braly's Food Allergy and Nutrition
Revolution ? There are many doctors and parents who have treated or
modified kids ADD by finding their Hidden Food Allergies and
nutritional deficiencies.

If a child has food allergies that is causing his attention
problems,
he
does not have ADHD.

Jeff

http://addadhdadvances.com/foodallergy1.html

Book sales by the author. Surely not an objective source of information.

Anthony Kane, MD

http://www.childbehave.com/chapters/add/effect.html

Straight from the totally debunked Feingold diet plan.

*dunked* by whom???????

http://www.cspinet.org/new/adhd_resch_bk02.pdf

Interesting. For the most part, they take a middle ground. However, if you
read this six year old report, you will see that they are referring to
diet
induced behaviors and AD/HD and DO NOT EQUATE them.

ADHD significantly worsen

http://www.cspinet.org/new/adhdpr.html

This is the press release for the previous report. Adds nothing.

If a child's behavioral problems can be explained by food allergies,

then
the child has a problem with food allergies and not AD/HD. In the
diagnostic
protocol for determining whether a child has AD/HD, food, and other,
allergies, have to be ruled out.

Once all causes are ruled out, then AD/HD can be diagnosed.

Like I have always maintained, there are diet induced behaviors and AD/HD,
and they are NOT the same.

We know a number of things you have maintained..

They were lies.

LL/Jan

Old May 10th 05, 12:12 AM
Mark Probert

wrote in message

"LadyLollipop" wrote in message

"Jeff" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
oups.com...
Have you read, "Tracking Down Hidden Food Allergies" by Dr.

William
Crook ? Have you read, "Dr. Braly's Food Allergy and Nutrition
Revolution ? There are many doctors and parents who have treated

or
modified kids ADD by finding their Hidden Food Allergies and
nutritional deficiencies.

If a child has food allergies that is causing his attention
problems,
he
does not have ADHD.

Jeff

http://addadhdadvances.com/foodallergy1.html

Book sales by the author. Surely not an objective source of information.

Anthony Kane, MD

He is the author.

http://www.childbehave.com/chapters/add/effect.html

Straight from the totally debunked Feingold diet plan.

*dunked* by whom???????

Several dozen studies performed at various medical institutions.

http://www.cspinet.org/new/adhd_resch_bk02.pdf

Interesting. For the most part, they take a middle ground. However, if

you
read this six year old report, you will see that they are referring to
diet
induced behaviors and AD/HD and DO NOT EQUATE them.

ADHD significantly worsen

In some studies, in others there was no effect. Mixed results do not prove
causality. Further, the entire report, when read as a whole supports my
statement.

http://www.cspinet.org/new/adhdpr.html

This is the press release for the previous report. Adds nothing.

If a child's behavioral problems can be explained by food allergies,

then
the child has a problem with food allergies and not AD/HD. In the
diagnostic
protocol for determining whether a child has AD/HD, food, and other,
allergies, have to be ruled out.

Once all causes are ruled out, then AD/HD can be diagnosed.

Like I have always maintained, there are diet induced behaviors and

AD/HD,
and they are NOT the same.

We know a number of things you have maintained..

Yes, and in 99.9% of the cases, I am right.

They were lies.

There ya go, again, being nasty. I was having a nice, courteous, discussion
with you, and YOU derailed it. Shame on you.

Old May 10th 05, 12:20 AM
Brad_Chad

By definition? The medical community can't even agree on a definition
of ADD. Some doctors say that it doesn't even exist. Get a clue.

Old May 10th 05, 02:55 AM
00doc

Beth Kevles wrote:
Don't underestimate the importance of a scientific approach to
finding
hidden food triggers! Without a structured approach it's easy to
overlook an actual trigger, or conclude that a non-trigger food IS a
trigger food and therefore eliminate it unnecessarily.

All that is well and good but if you really want to know you should
then do a blind challenge. After you think you have pinpointed the
problem have someone else give the kid the food on some days and not
others. See if you can tell which is which without being told.

Several such studies have been done on ADHD kids whose parents
believed they had a food intolerance. When tested the parents
uniformly could not tell if their kids had been given the "trigger
food".

--
00doc

Old May 10th 05, 03:27 AM
Beth Kevles

Hi --

I'd be curious to know about the studies that 00doc cites, about the
parents who couldn't tell if their kids had been given "trigger" foods.
Do you have the cites available?

By the way, I'll strongly second the notion of having some sort of a
double-blind test of trigger foods before accepting a diagnosis of food
intolerance.

--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.

Old May 10th 05, 03:29 AM
David Wright

In article .com,
Brad_Chad wrote:
By definition? The medical community can't even agree on a definition
of ADD. Some doctors say that it doesn't even exist. Get a clue.

No, he's right. (It would be easier to track this if you had included
the text to which you are replying.)

I know an adult who has ADD. It's not imaginary.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
"I don't need someone to tell me that George W. Bush is a
deceitful, corrupt, clever and destructive man--that's pretty
clear on the face of it." -- Garrison Keillor
Old May 10th 05, 05:34 AM
Brad_Chad

It's funny how the food industry (and the U.S. Government) seem to have
so little interest in funding research on the relationship between food
and human behavior. Maybe they are afraid that finding the truth will
cause a drop in sales of processed foods? Maybe they are afraid that
companies like Dominos Pizza will lose a lot of customers if we know
how many people are really sensitive to wheat or dairy? All it takes is
a little effort to find out what your hidden food allergies are. It
could change your life. Many people have solved 3 or 4 of their health
problems in a few days by finding their hidden food allergies. They
have also gotten a big energy boost too. It may also improve the
appearance of your skin. It made my skin look about 10 years younger in
a matter of days.

Old May 10th 05, 02:20 PM
Mark Probert

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
oups.com...
By definition? The medical community can't even agree on a definition
of ADD. Some doctors say that it doesn't even exist. Get a clue.

The DSM IV clearly delineates the diagnostic criteria for AD/HD. The AAP has
published diagnostic and treatment protocols.

However, there is no doubt that the diagnosis and treatment remain in the
forefront of discussion amongst professionals, and this is a good thing, not
bad as you seem to imply. Refining, learning, studying is good.

You can do your homework and learn more about AD/HD by visiting the
appropriate websites.

Old May 10th 05, 02:23 PM
Mark Probert

The CSPI monograph on AD/HD refers to several of these studies. The model
used was double blind, cross-over challenge. For one thing, sugar having a
role was soundly debunked.

"Beth Kevles" wrote in message

Hi --

I'd be curious to know about the studies that 00doc cites, about the
parents who couldn't tell if their kids had been given "trigger" foods.
Do you have the cites available?

By the way, I'll strongly second the notion of having some sort of a
double-blind test of trigger foods before accepting a diagnosis of food
intolerance.

--Beth Kevles

http://web.mit.edu/kevles/www/nomilk.html -- a page for the

milk-allergic

like me to reply.

Old May 10th 05, 02:24 PM
Mark Probert

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
oups.com...
It's funny how the food industry (and the U.S. Government) seem to have
so little interest in funding research on the relationship between food
and human behavior.

What makes you "think" that? What research have you done to reach such a
conclusion? Have you read the cites posted by Jan which address the numerous
studies over the years?